test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Greater Tenebrous and Vorpal

granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Are they working together now? I've heard mixed, can anyone test and show some logs?
Post edited by granville7482 on

Comments

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Id like to know too. I heard they dont mix still but dont have the AD to test this right now...
  • Options
    jwiechersjwiechers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You know, if they're still bugged, that would explain an awful lot about why my damage feels so bad sometimes. I still regularly manage to outdamage people, but I feel that something changed when I switched from greater plaguefire to greater vorpal and ever since, I felt I did less damage...
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have a perfect vorpal and 7 greater tenebrous and everything works just fine. I did a whole lot of tests before and after I put the perfect vorpal in my weapon. I used ACT to parse the damage and came to the conclusion it was working. I took a chance and gambled, because I knew about that bug but I figured enough time has passed and they should've fixed it by now and I guess they did. Sorry, I didn't save the logs.

I suspect they ninja fix it back on the Balance update when the game came out of Open Beta.
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Still bugged, to my knowledge.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jwiechers wrote: »
    You know, if they're still bugged, that would explain an awful lot about why my damage feels so bad sometimes. I still regularly manage to outdamage people, but I feel that something changed when I switched from greater plaguefire to greater vorpal and ever since, I felt I did less damage...

You know this could be because tene is horrible for PVE damage... And tehy recently ninja nerfed the CD to 20 seconds (from 6 seconds) so that would explain the DPS loss too...

The other thing is that you maybe also be running with different people and whyile you may come out at #1 dps in a run, you may group with a good TR or GF that uses rank 7+ and will out dps the heck out of a tene set up...

I have tene on my GF and am taking them out and putting them in my GWF for this reason... I feel so gimped in PVE because its a 3% (per tene) of HP but it cant proc for 20 seconds again... so its REALLY low dps...

Basically you dont use tene for PVE, only PVP... its very good in pvp but horrible in pve...

Although when you do the math... if you used rank 7s x 7 offensive you could get what, 1300 more crit or w.e...
    thats roughly a 13-16% damage increase... Since PVP is all about burst, the Tene can proc (34kHP*.03*7)= 7200 damage roughly unmitigated... that combined with some encounters and your target is dead...

But 7200/20 seconds is only like 360 DPS... so in PVE 13-16% damage increase is HUGE and 360 DPS is SO small...

In PVP however its completely flopped upsidedown...
  • Options
    therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Works fine for me, at least with a greater vorpal + greater tenebrous. Ignore the tooltip, and focus on the damage.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys