test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about Leaping Strike

bryun1bryun1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I have a question regarding Leaping Strike.

I am level 39 GF now, and I see some threads of people with their builds that still use this ability.

Currently I am using at wills of threatening/cleave and encounters of frontline/griffon's/enforced threat or into the fray

I was wondering the advantage to keeping leaping on since thretening has a gap closer as well. Is it that much better and what would be removed to keep it in the 3 encounters?
Post edited by bryun1 on

Comments

• wurstboiwurstboi Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lunging Strike has great damage potential and longer range. It helps you to get those running wizards and quickly switch targets (escaping out ouf danger area or helping out a troubled team mate)
    I am a dps/tank and use lunging/enforced/frontline (pve) and lunging/bull/frontline in pvp. Griffons seems slow - in pvp people are moving all the time...
  • veleriawhitewolfveleriawhitewolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    Power like griffons with charges don't benefit from recovery , at high recovery levels you can use lunging more often and it allows you to use Tide of iron which is a great group buff.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Power like griffons with charges don't benefit from recovery , at high recovery levels you can use lunging more often and it allows you to use Tide of iron which is a great group buff.

^THIS.

Considering we cannot dodge and are slow to begin with, using Lunging Strike tactfully allows you to change targets quickly in order to evade red circles of doom or incoming attacks.

As such, I never unload Lunging Strike. Couple that with enough recovery to have it every 6 seconds and you end up with a higher DPS than Bull Charge or Frontline Surge. It is simply a winning combination.

Additional note:

If you decide to spec fo DPS on "Conqueror" you get additional Damage (up to 15%) to Lunging Strike. My example is as follows (not suggesting you use this as this is just my choice and is by no means "the best").

9169908487_1e36207d94_z.jpg
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • snschlsnschl Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yup. Might not be the hardest-hitting GF power, but by the time that stupid Anvil cools down, you'll hit with Lunging twice.

And Threatening really isn't that good of a gap-closer; people can still kite you while you use it, if they're far enough. No one can kite a 3-point Lunging Strike. If you're not able to open with Bull Charge, Lunging is the next best bet, as it's a great ambush tool, it pulls you outta nowhere especially if you're jumping from high ground, and then you Bull into people's backs, then Threatening to reach them (and often you have to move forwards first because Bull tosses them too far).

Bull > Lunging > Frontline > Threaten > Cleave to finish, it's ideal. But in a pinch, Lunging can get you out of trouble, in pursuit of a retreating CW, out of a CW's range, etc. Just don't use it to their face, because they'll choke you mid-lunge.