test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need scroll bar in the dialogue select drop down.

raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
I'm guessing this doesn't come up very often....

.. but in the dialogue editor there's a drop down in the top left that allows you to select one of any of the conversations from your quest.

When you click the drop down, it drops down (heh) a list.

Unfortunately, if you have too many conversations, this is what you see:

IzYhcNJ.png

.. What you don't see is that there's a conversation at the bottom that's not on the list.

And no way to get to it, unless I go find the NPC that has that conversation and edit it that way. (The conversation is not part of an objective, it's just a Contact Dialogue, so it doesn't appear on the storyboard)

If the drop down list respected the mousewheel, that would solve it.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by raphaeldisanto on

Comments

• Options
    neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will the up and down arrow keys scroll it? You can navigate most of the Foundry's drop-down boxes with them, so maybe that will work here?
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Alas, no. The cursor keys surprisingly don't do anything.

I suspect Cryptic's devs didn't think anyone was going to write a novel's worth of dialogue. But as someone who's written several actual novels over the last few years....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    It's their not so subtle way of keeping us from writing too much dialogue because, as Orodalf knows, there are non-readers out there.
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sphecida wrote: »
    It's their not so subtle way of keeping us from writing too much dialogue because, as Orodalf knows, there are non-readers out there.

LOL, this made me laugh!
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash