test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wierd ban...

mcbonginmcbongin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
so i dont know if it is an auto-ban program or not that did it, but ive been banned simply for asking if there was a gold based autionhouse like the astral diamond one..... then BOOM!! -banned- :/

can someone please help me!!!!
Post edited by mcbongin on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    'Working as intended'.
    Most likely according to Cryptic/PW.

Contact "Support". No one on these boards have power to just lift your ban.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    mcbongin wrote: »
    so i dont know if it is an auto-ban program or not that did it, but ive been banned simply for asking if there was a gold based autionhouse like the astral diamond one..... then BOOM!! -banned- :/

can someone please help me!!!!

IMO, this is were the NW fails at. I just don't know if help support will reply to you because i had 2 tickets before and until now i didn't received any single reply. I wish you all the luck bro, hope they will reply to you.
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • mcbonginmcbongin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xermell wrote: »
    IMO, this is were the NW fails at. I just don't know if help support will reply to you because i had 2 tickets before and until now i didn't received any single reply. I wish you all the luck bro, hope they will reply to you.
    nothin yet on my end but thanks for the support!!
  • astariadodfastariadodf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ummm, nothing in that query violates the terms of service. Start looking elsewhere for your ban reason, if you go with that to support, they will likely ignore/pat answer/not respond since your not on target.

Not saying what it was or anything about you, just saying 99% certain, that isnt the issue.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ummm, nothing in that query violates the terms of service. Start looking elsewhere for your ban reason, if you go with that to support, they will likely ignore/pat answer/not respond since your not on target.

Not saying what it was or anything about you, just saying 99% certain, that isnt the issue.

No, this is an automated system. If you type in the wrong key words, the system flags you as a gold seller and auto bans your account. This can happen in any channel and even in private tells. Avoid using words like "gold", ".com" or terms like "1m"

The system issues a single warning, then bans you on the second attempt. The problem is the warning isn't explained well and does little to tell you why and what you typed was wrong. Consequently, most folks ignore it and then the system punts them.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Did you spam the question a billion times because no one was answering?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately, nothing can be done about your ban on the forums. You'll have to contact Customer Service. Forum Rules of Conduct also prohibit discussion of bans:
    No representing banned members.
    Don't represent any banned individuals. They were banned for a reason. Assisting them in any way or form will lump you in the same boat. This includes posting from your alt to ask about one of your own characters being banned from the forums.

No public discussion about disciplinary action administered to members.
    If you have any questions regarding rules, disciplinary actions, user bans, or even a thread move, please use the Customer Support Ticketing System or PM function of the board to contact us.

Also, you can check the links in my sig for more information about Customer Service.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.