test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guantlgrym Feedback

wraithynwraithyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Ok... This is just a feedback post providing my 2 cents worth on my first run through Guantlgrym. It's not a flame as I'm really enjoying this game thus far.

On a positive note the concept of cooperative PvP is pretty amazing and I'd like to see future development in this arena. There are a few things I don't like about it though and it has a lot to do with questing in general. I simply don't have half a day to run these things. Castle Never and Guantlgrym take an enormous amount of time and to be truthfull I haven't completed either because of this. It's too dam long...

20 v 20 is cool and all but it's too big, I actually got bored in a few places both in PvE and PvP. We were/are looking and hoping for something we can do as a guild. The five man group thing was a bit disappointing and the length caused it too drag.

Please don't take this negatively as I like the over all concept. But the gut wrenching, burst excitement factor was simply not there. The maps are awesome, the art is awesome, the gameplay is awesome, it just dragged, if that makes any sense.
Post edited by wraithyn on

Comments

• wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd personally toss it and create 5 vs 5 PvP multiple team arenas as well as leader boards and guild leader boards.
  • valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I did GG tonight and spent the last half hour trying to find a cleric. There was alot of groups doing this. We ended up running out of time before we could find one. This isnt a good sign of things to come.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    valetudo78 wrote: »
    I did GG tonight and spent the last half hour trying to find a cleric. There was alot of groups doing this. We ended up running out of time before we could find one. This isnt a good sign of things to come.

what do you expect when they leave the cleric as nerfed as can be for a long time and still haven't done a thing to make it right... also us clerics really want that cleric set, I mean with all that life steal upon it we could heal our health one time if we could just kill 13.3 others of about our own health (that set would give us I don't know perhaps 7.5% life steal)... not fricken likely
  • vaselervaseler Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I could list all the reasons Guantlgrym is lacking but that has been listed all ready. Its a terrible failure. Very sad as end game content.
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's basically a giant, uncoordinated clusterfark.

It seems near impossible to achieve any sort of coordination in the first segment. Should I be collecting weapons? Armor? Feed the Giant? I don't know. No real way to coordinate any sort of team effort to achieve a victory that grants an almost inconsequential bonus in the next round. And you have to do this for half an hour? With no chance of individual reward? ( Grym coins, gold, enchantments, items, etc)

Then you get to enjoy what amounts to a half hour zerg rush of PvP where you'd better hope the majority of your group understands the basic strategy that amounts to a win. At least you get some Grym coins for your effort here.

Lastly, the "reward" for winning is fallacious. You're better off running the T1 dungeon as many times as you can, as you will get more Grym coins for it. As far as I can tell, they are the only worthwhile reward.

And on top of all that I can only run it once every six hours or so? I have to schedule my weekend around this if I hope to earn a couple of the new PvP pieces I want?

Fail doesn't begin to describe it.
  • zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    20v20 should be a Onslaught game mode, not a Conquest game mode. Hell even CTF works better in larger games than Conquest.
  • myzharimyzhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While I agree with much that's been said above, no one has commented on what I found as the largest disappointment.

While requiring a guild to make the faction selection, Guantlgrym actually offers no guild content.

The PVE content of Iron Tabernacle and Armories of Moradin don't require a group at all. In fact it's often better to go solo as the drops seem minimal and looting from nodes more reliable. When you do need a group, you can just follow the swarm of people and help them kill. Armories of Moradin especially, you're far better off just grabbing nodes.

20v20 PVP also has nothing to do with a guild. Most people queue solo. At best you can queue as a 5man group, but even then there's 15 other people who queued up solo and plan to do their own thing.

Delzoun and Dwarf King Crypts are disappointingly only 5man (ie nothing new from the current string of content and doesn't involve more people). Worse, is that to do this as a guild you need not just 5 people who had the hour and a half straight to dedicate to a specific hour of gameplay, you also need the right classes. Not to mention Dwarf King access has little to do with how well your guild performed anyway.

For a guild requirement, Guantlgrym offers less guild content than the other choices.
  • woodlandwoods1woodlandwoods1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Agreed. It's a pretty big failure for many reasons.

The saddest one is the "PvP":
    Everyone is either running from node to node capping or kiting NPCs. That is not player versus player. Was adding NPCs and a few more nodes to cap really the best that they could do? Ugh. That stuff wasn't needed, a new PvP game-type was.