test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

did this game improve?

titanv2titanv2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
i quit after 2 classes were extremely bugged and all content was "doable" within 24 hours. Did anything change, or does this game still seem like it only has 10>devs
Post edited by titanv2 on

Comments

• wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    titanv2 wrote: »
    i quit after 2 classes were extremely bugged and all content was "doable" within 24 hours. Did anything change, or does this game still seem like it only has 10>devs

it has become much worse... class balance has been destroyed way beyond how it was before and no changes seem to be in the works
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They got rid of alot of cheats in dungeons and some exploits. Work in progress..good game for relaxed people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Pretty much the same, except the buggy classes may have changed compared to what you knew. Don't think it will change much anyway since the very concept of this game is... to ... well, flashleveling and camping the auction house once you're HL.

PvP is more broken than ever : bots heavy infestation, classes still as unbalanced as possibe. PvE still boring or bugged.
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh. The endless pvp whine is still going and messing with pve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    kwequa wrote: »
    Oh. The endless pvp whine is still going and messing with pve.

PvE is too boring to talk about, its just hack and slash with nothing entertaining or mind-challenging about it... there is no feeling of playing D&D type adventures, so might as well talk about PvP
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    PvE is too boring to talk about, its just hack and slash with nothing entertaining or mind-challenging about it... there is no feeling of playing D&D type adventures, so might as well talk about PvP

"Talk" Yeah thats what the majority of the forum PVPers do.
  • deitytealdeityteal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

'Mind-challenging'? You are aware that the ranting about PvP (resulting in nerfs/buffs) makes difficult dungeons even more difficult than they should? If PvP required a brain over augmenting your gear score (via enchants, etc) then I am baffled. If you party is not composed of elitists who only accept certain gear scores, then you'll be implementing strategy to complete most epics.
    edited June 2013
    deityteal wrote: »
    'Mind-challenging'? You are aware that the ranting about PvP (resulting in nerfs/buffs) makes difficult dungeons even more difficult than they should? If PvP required a brain over augmenting your gear score (via enchants, etc) then I am baffled. If you party is not composed of elitists who only accept certain gear scores, then you'll be implementing strategy to complete most epics.

their boss fights are all adds, in terms of puzzles and challenges and stuff to entertain and boggle the mind as found in quite a few older MMORPHs than this ... there is nothing exciting about game play itself
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    their boss fights are all adds, in terms of puzzles and challenges and stuff to entertain and boggle the mind as found in quite a few older MMORPHs than this ... there is nothing exciting about game play itself

And the best thing about PVP in this game is reading the Whine posts screaming for x class to be nerfed because y player was killed too fast
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    No, it's gotten much worse. It's going the way of GW2 and the evening newspaper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Class balance really is not that big an issue if you ask me. The worst is the way the PVE groupign feels like everything kind of just thrown in there. Bad tanking mechanics, bad healing mechanics, just random krap doing whatever. Copied a lot from GW2 which was a bad idea, copied the healing from Age of Conan which was an awful idea.

Would have been nice to have the nice calculated, methodical, organized feel of traditional DnD. They just tried to dumb it down to a really low level and it shows. Its a shame, the artwork is decent, the questing is well done, the bazazar works well....they have some basics down but the PVE grouping is a mess.

There is just to much "cheese" like knocking just waves of mobs off cliffs, swirling them together blowing them apart....it looks comical. You don't have tank or offtanks, healers are kinda just token healers...its easy just cast hoTs and roll with that. Really sad, and this is not the only game to do this.

I would say the most succesful thing they have done...innovative even is the blocking mechanic on the GF. Its dynamic, it has an immediate effect...bang you blocked all damage. This is good, what is bad is the healing, such weak and lifeless heals....you are just there to act as a HoT bot...you cant pull off a quick flash heal to keep the tank from dropping who is holding off 3 enemies from the group...there just isnt any of that.

There is no team work. No one even talks. Just god has each generation of gamers become more and more dumbed down? To me this is so boring.
  • liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    can some 1 help me choose a class? its like sooo many of them i have to use one hand to count them its rly hard. 5 is just wayyyyyyyyy 2 op. and with all the skill trees available for each class its just impossible. way 2 many options

-.-
    nothing to see here
  • justkazjustkaz Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    Still nothing to do at level 60 other than grind for gear. Even Gauntlgyrm is a grind for gear. PvP is still imbalanced and pay to win.

Speaking of Gauntlgyrm, Phase 1 is half an hour's worth of boring kill, collect, and turn in PvE. Phase 2 is more fun with the 20 man PvP but it's really just a zerg fest. Phase 3's T1 and T2 dungeons are pointless unless you want to grind and farm for the Gyrm Coin T2 PvP gears. All in all, very underwhelming content patch.

Good news is, they finally fixed a lot of the exploits. Bad news is, the exploits lasted for weeks and months so exploiters already made tons of AD and everyone is geared out by now.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    of course the blocking method they use on GF has existed in Champions Online. Over all they are improving just very slowly and not in ways that people want them to improve. mainly because I think they've been busy trying to fight all the exploits and cheesy methods people use to try to break the game.most the New releases I think they had in done pre beta they are just releasing them slowly so people have new shiny things while they try to deal with bugs and exploits.

The balancing really ruffled feathers cause it ruined the ability to take advantage of OP traits and powers but without buffing underpowered things to compensate. because GWF and GFs were getting kicked off teams to make room for more DC and CW so they removed the ability to stack buffs making it less useful to have entire parties of cw/DC.

They did lower a lot of prices o fashion items which just got complaints from people who spent 30$ on their dress. they gave out some free packs and some exclusive pets but that got complaints to. the free caterday cape was not capey enough. the free packs mostly had potions in them . the words "slap in the face" get used a LOT when ANYTHING free get given out.

Basically the community has gotten more whiney and trolls have gotten trollier as more and more people reach the end (or lack therof) game content. My hope is some other mmos will take away some of the exploiters and trolls and give pwe time to develop the game.
  • justkazjustkaz Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    Basically the community has gotten more whiney and trolls have gotten trollier as more and more people reach the end (or lack therof) game content. My hope is some other mmos will take away some of the exploiters and trolls and give pwe time to develop the game.

Don't worry, lots of new MMOs are coming out soon. You'll be able to <poof> for this game in peace within the next month or two. Cryptic can take all the time they want to develop this game, since nobody will care about it in a few months.
    edited June 2013
    of course the blocking method they use on GF has existed in Champions Online. Over all they are improving just very slowly and not in ways that people want them to improve. mainly because I think they've been busy trying to fight all the exploits and cheesy methods people use to try to break the game.most the New releases I think they had in done pre beta they are just releasing them slowly so people have new shiny things while they try to deal with bugs and exploits.

The balancing really ruffled feathers cause it ruined the ability to take advantage of OP traits and powers but without buffing underpowered things to compensate. because GWF and GFs were getting kicked off teams to make room for more DC and CW so they removed the ability to stack buffs making it less useful to have entire parties of cw/DC.

They did lower a lot of prices o fashion items which just got complaints from people who spent 30$ on their dress. they gave out some free packs and some exclusive pets but that got complaints to. the free caterday cape was not capey enough. the free packs mostly had potions in them . the words "slap in the face" get used a LOT when ANYTHING free get given out.

they didn't have to come out of beta when they did, and they sure in the hell didn't have to release early from their test server a patch that made things much worse... it appears that they were given a job to do, decided to rush it kind of like the Titanic's maiden voyage was speed rushed and the result is about the same... as to groups having all CW's and clerics before patch, that is BS, most groups begged for a single cleric cause they weren't around
    edited June 2013
    few care about it now... its no longer beta and the release along with its patch were a joke
  • hallipohallipo Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    Pretty much the same, except the buggy classes may have changed compared to what you knew. Don't think it will change much anyway since the very concept of this game is... to ... well, flashleveling and camping the auction house once you're HL.

PvP is more broken than ever : bots heavy infestation, classes still as unbalanced as possibe. PvE still boring or bugged.

QFE. /10 char

P.S. ESO, AA...and OMGEQnext
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Like all the thousands upon thousands of "nobodys" care about STO huh? :rolleyes:

Face it in a years time most whiners will still be here whining....more's the pity.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • getmeontvgetmeontv Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I was under the impression that the forums are the end game content. They are by far more varied and interesting than the ingame stuff. PWE has been developing the zen shop which is the games whole reason of being.