test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pvp now rewards quitters

modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Ok, so i understand you Devs had to do something to deal with the bots. But as the system is now it's just much easier to leave a instance that you can't win and try to find a easy one and don't waste time. People are catching up on this and i see more and more people doing it every day now. This is a flawed system. And it really hurts classes that doesn't do good in pvp in the first place. Also the personal score table is a joke. People have roles, a player specced for tankin should get just as much reward as a healer healing him or the dps that gets the killing blow. Caps give way to much personal score and rewards foolery.
Post edited by modimor on

Comments

• Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well yea since I admit I do this. If my team is bad I leave why cause I am honest enough to admit that. I think the scoring isn't too far off but the reward system is. We should focus on that !! Honestly if you have 15kills you should be getting first place and kills should always reward big points. Especially since its a Death Match. With the small maps I almost rather see a map where the first team to 100kills wins instead of capture points be a interesting arena.

Some big problems with the rewards is. Its a daily!! The daily also rewards AD. So bots of course are going to do this. I understand that there is a PvP daily but there should be a PvP reward. We first need to take AD out of the picture cause you get the AFKers that don't care in there for there daily. Next better scaling glory giving out so that way there is incentive to stay. These 2 fixes would be a huge help. Maybe even being on the losing team but a chance of getting the most glory because of your performance and kills so players will hang in there. Just some thoughts.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    quitters should be rewarded, you go into a match hoping for a fair fight and you wind up being one hit and stunned by OP opponents compared to your team, you should be able to leave and rejoin without penalty, I think giving the quitters rewards would be a great idea I'm all for it
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well yea since I admit I do this. If my team is bad I leave why cause I am honest enough to admit that. I think the scoring isn't too far off but the reward system is. We should focus on that !! Honestly if you have 15kills you should be getting first place and kills should always reward big points. Especially since its a Death Match. With the small maps I almost rather see a map where the first team to 100kills wins instead of capture points be a interesting arena.

Some big problems with the rewards is. Its a daily!! The daily also rewards AD. So bots of course are going to do this. I understand that there is a PvP daily but there should be a PvP reward. We first need to take AD out of the picture cause you get the AFKers that don't care in there for there daily. Next better scaling glory giving out so that way there is incentive to stay. These 2 fixes would be a huge help. Maybe even being on the losing team but a chance of getting the most glory because of your performance and kills so players will hang in there. Just some thoughts.

I disagree with the kill thing, it takes my cleric a long time to needle away at and almost kill opponents only to have higher damage dealers steal away the kill at the last moment. As a cleric you have 1/6th the damage that rogues put out and you want to go by kills? Seriously dude, that's messed up.
  • Options
    pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    Ok, so i understand you Devs had to do something to deal with the bots. But as the system is now it's just much easier to leave a instance that you can't win and try to find a easy one and don't waste time. People are catching up on this and i see more and more people doing it every day now. This is a flawed system. And it really hurts classes that doesn't do good in pvp in the first place. Also the personal score table is a joke. People have roles, a player specced for tankin should get just as much reward as a healer healing him or the dps that gets the killing blow. Caps give way to much personal score and rewards foolery.

TL;DR

System is perfect. This game is not pay2win. Learn2play. Working as intended.
  • Options
    kiadannahkiadannah Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    pregnable wrote: »
    TL;DR

System is perfect. This game is not pay2win. Learn2play. Working as intended.

It does not reward people that quit the match at all, it penalizes the idiots that stay behind.

I say it as this. If I am in a team with 4 bots, I quit the match instantly. Reason being, as soon as enemy team sees I have four bots, they rush to the end, more than that one man that usually does. I get the node only on a 1v1. Otherwise, for the entire match I get 0 points, and 0 rewards. I am not going to be the idiot that is there for 10 minutes, to get no rewards for my efforts.
    The same goes for 3 bots.
    I will also quit when there are two bots.
    Often times before I would quit if we had a bot and opponent team had none, but now f we make a 5 man group, oneis kicked out so a bot is always with us in pvp, cryptic is so stupid they made having a bot in your party mandatory now. I guess they weren't getting their bots ready to sell fast enough.

Also to mention, if I rush to the third node, and I am fighting a 3v1 against me, and lasting long enough that my team should be able to do a 4v2 and take the other two nodes.. and they lose both.. or even lose the middle one in a 4v2 in their favor, I am also leaving them. I am not here to struggle my *** off on a suicide rush for the team, to get screwed over by the team.
    The times for learning how to pvp and what to do is levels 10-20, not levels 30 and up. 20-30 is forgivable, so long as people pay attention.
    I am not here, nor is anyone else that does pvp, to hold peoples hands while they screw us over, and pretend that I will support them.
    This is my two cents.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kiadannah wrote: »
    Also to mention, if I rush to the third node, and I am fighting a 3v1 against me, and lasting long enough that my team should be able to do a 4v2 and take the other two nodes.. and they lose both.. or even lose the middle one in a 4v2 in their favor, I am also leaving them. I am not here to struggle my *** off on a suicide rush for the team, to get screwed over by the team.

I had a team that sent me private messages today asking why I was doing just that, going to the same node all alone against 3 of them and being killed over and over during an extended time. I wrote back, look I'm tieing up three of them on an end node and the 4 of you cant even go after and take the other two???
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well if other people start leaving you bet I am going to leave. Why on earth would I try to stick around to take 1 on 5? Its not like PVP'ers are honorable for the most part. If they said they would only 1v1 and let me cap 1 stone, I would stick around. However, you know what you get if you try to stick around and DO something? Practically nothing, you get ONE completion for the match maybe 150 glory if you're lucky and 15 minutes of your time wasted.

Do I quit if we are losing or getting stomped? nope. But I aint going to stick around if others drop.

This is off course you don't have people afk'ing or bots in your group either.
  • Options
    getmeontvgetmeontv Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    always cap your own point first. then if you got lots of bots just afk . Pvp is only for the daily anyway. macth is 7 mins when the other team controls for most of the macth
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's Domination; not Death Match.
    I could care less about the kills.

Although I stopped playing PvP once I got nothing for losing, just because a couple players bailed on us.
  • Options
    griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Stopped reading at "...this is a death match."

You are the reason your team lost.

Always

Every

Time
  • Options
    modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you leave a match there should be a 15min or more that you can't que back up. Had several matches were people left after being defated once. If people hate loosing so much, don't que up in the first place. The old system were you get a decent amount glory even for loosing kept players around. I'd rather play with bots and get some glory, then que up, have people leaving and get close to nothing coz people are ****ty loosers.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    If you leave a match there should be a 15min or more that you can't que back up. Had several matches were people left after being defated once. If people hate loosing so much, don't que up in the first place. The old system were you get a decent amount glory even for loosing kept players around. I'd rather play with bots and get some glory, then que up, have people leaving and get close to nothing coz people are ****ty loosers.

the leaving system is working just fine, I say keep it as it is
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anecdotal but true, and the 40-50 bracket, so for what it's worth;

Bots are rampant, I at least get 1 every match if not more, I also get a quitter at least once every other match. I occasionally end up with 2 bots and another die-hard player, or just the bots. There's no change in hell to win and it can be frustrating.

Yet a pug team can be guerilla'd quite well. If I manage to kill one or two that way, I'll still get my glory and xp, even with a loss of the match. And I've had teams that regrouped and kept on fighting and managed to come on top from a huge loss.

There's no excuse for quiting, except for ego, but unfortunately there's still no penalty either. A 15 minute lockout after running from a match sounds fine, but an hour would do just as well too.

Domination is a team-game, you shouldn't be able to just walk away whenever you feel like it.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    don-leave-me.jpg