test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skyfade triggering from dialogue prompt.

saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
I'm trying to get a Skyfade (the fade to black to be precise) to appear on a dialogue prompt. For some reason it just does not wish to become visible in 3d editing mode for me. I've seen it get used before, and I'm pretty certain I'm understanding the mechanics, but maybe I'm missing something.

Edit after fix : Apparently inky clouds can conflict with skyfades. Adding this line of text here for people experiencing the same problem and looking for the solution.
( I've not tested every FX's conflicts, so yours may be another one. I'm thinking it may be volume FXs conflicting with each other, so you may start to look there.)
Post edited by saerrael on

Comments

• glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It may not work until published I can't be certain of this but somethings do not work until published like ambushes, patrols and follows.
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    glantorx wrote: »
    It may not work until published I can't be certain of this but somethings do not work until published like ambushes, patrols and follows.

Patrols and follows work for me though.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • thehuntress#2050 thehuntress Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know that "wander" doesn't work till the quest is published.
  • ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Fade to black has range, it's invisible tho. Maybe you've put it too far?
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • zefrimexzefrimex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will bet you this is what it is: You have another effect going on that supersedes it. You can only have one of the area special fx active at a time. If you have any other skyfade or outdoor environmental effect on it generally can'y do both. I feel like there you used to be a budget to 2 or 3 at a time, but now it seems like only one. I experienced this trying to have both skyfade: black and white on and the fade to black would not trigger. Hope that helps.
    The Pack Man
    NW-DE76NJPYV

A mysterious merchant hires you to dispose of four ghosts haunting a nearby castle. Enjoy this short adventure that pays homage to a classic arcade game. I'm sure you will be able to guess which one.
  • groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zefrimex wrote: »
    I will bet you this is what it is: You have another effect going on that supersedes it. You can only have one of the area special fx active at a time. If you have any other skyfade or outdoor environmental effect on it generally can'y do both. I feel like there you used to be a budget to 2 or 3 at a time, but now it seems like only one. I experienced this trying to have both skyfade: black and white on and the fade to black would not trigger. Hope that helps.

I played around with skyfades today as well and found this to be true, atleast if they are triggered by the same event or at the same time. Hope you get it fixed soon! :)
    Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
    Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
    The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
    Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
    Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
  • saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ash4ll wrote: »
    Fade to black has range, it's invisible tho. Maybe you've put it too far?

It's planted near the trigger (npc). The player can not be too far away from it due to the range on ‘talk to’.
    zefrimex wrote: »

There are other FXes in that room, yes, but no other skyfades. On my test map, however, there are no other FXes than what I am currently testing out and I have the same problem there.
    I'll try nixing until I get a response in the actual map, though. Thanks for the suggestion.
    groshie wrote: »
    I played around with skyfades today as well and found this to be true, atleast if they are triggered by the same event or at the same time. Hope you get it fixed soon! :)

Me too. Kind of scratching the back of my head at the moment.

Edit: found it and fixed it. Had a rogue inky cloud still in the dialogue tree which conflicted.
    Thank you very much, people, for your time, your thoughts and creativity.