test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So we are still in Beta right?

krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
These sorts of "fixes" that have come out in the last few days is evidence that we are still in beta even though the game has launched. You can try to write it off and say, this is expected of a game shortly out of beta but come on. A patch on top of a patch?

Isn't a test server suppose to be used to "test" patches before they are put on the live server so we don't have to have back to back maintenance? I know it's only 2 hours but that's not the point. What good is having a test server if you never test anything on it?

I guess the live server = the test server.
Post edited by krumple01 on

Comments

• yushirokaneyushirokane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    These sorts of "fixes" that have come out in the last few days is evidence that we are still in beta even though the game has launched. You can try to write it off and say, this is expected of a game shortly out of beta but come on. A patch on top of a patch?

Isn't a test server suppose to be used to "test" patches before they are put on the live server so we don't have to have back to back maintenance? I know it's only 2 hours but that's not the point. What good is having a test server if you never test anything on it?

These sort of fixes happens in any game, beta or not...with test server or not...
  • utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    These sort of fixes happens in any game, beta or not...with test server or not...

Only those with poor QA
  • endagonendagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »

Welcome to the world of playing MMO's, Devs can't test every little thing in a mmo on a test server and sometimes a patch that works on the test server doesn't work on the live server.
  • tahera1tahera1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    endagon wrote: »
    Welcome to the world of playing MMO's, Devs can't test every little thing in a mmo on a test server and sometimes a patch that works on the test server doesn't work on the live server.

Oh, no need for them to test anything. The bug was reported for them.
    Also, when does their code running on their "test server" not work when running on their live server? I haven't seen that happen yet.
  • nolansykinsleynolansykinsley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The issues that they are patching tonight were indeed reported to them as soon as the test event started, and all through that night in the forum where they asked for "feedbacK" about the event. Either A. They truly had no interest in any feedback, or B. they disregarded all feedback about the stability of their event and went ahead with it anyway.
  • endagonendagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    tahera1 wrote: »
    Oh, no need for them to test anything. The bug was reported for them.
    Also, when does their code running on their "test server" not work when running on their live server? I haven't seen that happen yet.

Oh, was it reported on the test server? I haven't been following the test server. I have seen it quite a few times where working code on the test server doesn't work on the live server(or else they wouldn't have pushed it to live).
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The issues that they are patching tonight were indeed reported to them as soon as the test event started, and all through that night in the forum where they asked for "feedbacK" about the event. Either A. They truly had no interest in any feedback, or B. they disregarded all feedback about the stability of their event and went ahead with it anyway.

The issue that happened that night was different than the issue happened when the patch went live. The issue that happened that night was fixed, which I'm guessing led to the issue we dealt with today on the live server.