test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gauntlgrym end stage loot. Is something missing?

nolansykinsleynolansykinsley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Talking to my guild mates, and playing through myself I have noticed something about the end loot. There is none! Only coins, on average 5-7. On both dungeons, the dwarf king and the lower one. Nobody in my group got any item from the end chest in either dungeon. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Play through 90 minutes for 5-7 coins? It has the notifier like other dungeons do during dungeon delves, which usually means there is a loot item in the end chest for each player.

The boss did drop one piece of gear and one shard. Am I to believe that we go through all that for a CHANCE at once piece of loot and one shard? Regular dungeons have that, actually regular dungeons have THREE chances for a piece of loot from the bosses, and take much less time and effort. If I get 5 coins per run, and the items cost 100 coins, that is 20 runs at 90 minutes a piece, that is 30 hours of game play for one item that is not even all that great. If I did two runs a day, that would still be ten days. I looked through the gear that can be bought with the coins and it is nothing special, not even something I would equip myself, and I am only in the T2 level of gear score.

Gauntlgrym is becoming more and more disappointing as I play through it. As it is I can't even recoup the cost of the potions required to make it through the entire event. PLEASE tell me that the loot is currently missing from the end chest and that it is a bug, otherwise I will pretty much give up Gauntlgrym all together. I have gotten around the whole being left out of the end stage by going into the Gauntlgrym with a pre-made group, I can deal with that, but the entire lack of a payoff for 90 minutes of continuous and arduous game play is rather disappointing.

P.S. No, I am not a victim of the missing dialogues and chest content, I see the end chest content, but there are only 5-7 coins.
Post edited by nolansykinsley on

Comments

• jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    Working as intended.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    God Bless America
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's kind of sad when you win T-2 and Farm t-1 Three times instead.
  • gaatorgaator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    Whats also <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is that you can go into GG with 4 of your guildmates, win the pvp in your instance but get screwed because the other instances didnt perform as well as you did. AWESOME. NOW WE GET TO RUN A POINTLESS FKN DUNGEON. Fix this stupid shet, for fuxsakes. Are you trying to MAKE people leave?

Because atm I dont feel very loved. Im just going to link this video in case anyone missed it.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/microtransactions
  • nolansykinsleynolansykinsley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jellicho wrote: »
    Working as intended.

Am I missing the sarcasm sign?
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Talking to my guild mates, and playing through myself I have noticed something about the end loot. There is none! Only coins, on average 5-7. On both dungeons, the dwarf king and the lower one. Nobody in my group got any item from the end chest in either dungeon. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Play through 90 minutes for 5-7 coins? It has the notifier like other dungeons do during dungeon delves, which usually means there is a loot item in the end chest for each player.

The boss did drop one piece of gear and one shard. Am I to believe that we go through all that for a CHANCE at once piece of loot and one shard? Regular dungeons have that, actually regular dungeons have THREE chances for a piece of loot from the bosses, and take much less time and effort. If I get 5 coins per run, and the items cost 100 coins, that is 20 runs at 90 minutes a piece, that is 30 hours of game play for one item that is not even all that great. If I did two runs a day, that would still be ten days. I looked through the gear that can be bought with the coins and it is nothing special, not even something I would equip myself, and I am only in the T2 level of gear score.

Gauntlgrym is becoming more and more disappointing as I play through it. As it is I can't even recoup the cost of the potions required to make it through the entire event. PLEASE tell me that the loot is currently missing from the end chest and that it is a bug, otherwise I will pretty much give up Gauntlgrym all together. I have gotten around the whole being left out of the end stage by going into the Gauntlgrym with a pre-made group, I can deal with that, but the entire lack of a payoff for 90 minutes of continuous and arduous game play is rather disappointing.

P.S. No, I am not a victim of the missing dialogues and chest content, I see the end chest content, but there are only 5-7 coins.

that is the loot drop I've seen... can spend all day doing these quests and wind up with next to nothing to show for it
  • nolansykinsleynolansykinsley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I seriously hope that it is a bug, if it isn't then I do not see the point of GG at all.
  • pinkleetpinkleet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You need the "Loot enhancing scrolls" from zen store. Preorder today! :)
    edited June 2013
    pinkleet wrote: »

>.> STOP giving them ideas!
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pinkleet wrote: »

I seriously looked it up to see if it exists lol. I was like "Oh hell no."
  • willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    Yup, friend and I realized today there is no reason to run T2. Had an extremely well geared group and ran the T-1, 4 times instead. Probably take a slower pace and do 3 times from now on.

While I thought the T-2 was an ok boss fight (compared to many others), the Seals need to be doubled in the T-2 at least.
    edited June 2013
    hell, there isn't even a reason to run t1, I went through it twice in a row. Got one purple item, bound on pickup, not worth equipping at all, can't sell for AD. Not even worth enough to recoup the pots used to get through the Gauntlgrym event.