test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529g.27

13»

Comments

• methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The only class in need of support is Cleric. Source: I play all 5.

I tend to agree. Of all the classes, Clerics, regardless of the side they're on, get a SEVERE beat down in PvP. I originally planned on my first character to be a cleric, until I realized they're more like priests from anime movies and not war priests, like I was expecting from playing D&D.
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No fix for the performance loss you implemented with yesterday's patch?

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • shandareneeshandarenee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jody1990 wrote: »
    What about the quests? Can I finally continue lvling my character?
    And what about the AoE skills? can we left-mouse click them again as last target confirmation?
    And the Pirate dungeon? the anker to challenge last boss?

^ All this.
  • ultimagtrultimagtr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great. Tried to login today, and the launcher starts downloading a 99mb patch. No problem, this should be quick. Then the launcher crashes at 49% patch download. I've tried logging in again 6 times now, waiting 10 minutes or so each time, still crashes at 49% download. Anyone else having this issue?
  • opiatxopiatx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so after the patch last night im getting an "Error:36 A File was locked that could not be opened." this appears in my patch download bar befor i start the game... SOMEONE HELP ME!
  • belladanbelladan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you know the file, you might be able to change the file permission? If it's read-only, maybe the file patcher can't fix it.
  • opiatxopiatx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wat would u suggest ? uninstall it and re-instal?? i really dont wanna have to do that.
  • mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    2 hours and a Gig patch download later, and the Savage Enchants are STILL broken. Fix your priorities and then fix the rest of the broken stuff before you start giving us new content.
  • politikilldxpolitikilldx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can we please get a battleground or "raid" channel so that we can communicate effectively with our monster sized GG groups? can't use zone or else you would be communicating with the enemy also. could create a channel but then inviting every person and hoping that people leave or kicking them afterwards would be a pain in the ***. You could always add in the ability to make a 20man raid group so you could get a whole guild worth of people but i believe that the first choice of creating a BG channel would be easier and also make it easier on the pugged groups
  • zrieprakiszrieprakis Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi, my 50TB hard drive is running out of space and Neverwinter is the only thing on it.

Please slow down on the continuous stream of patching, this isn't a contest.

O_o

; )
  • gibblefenwickgibblefenwick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nanomorph wrote: »
    Ctrl-x in the launcher while it's downloading and you'll see why - pretty much with every patch they issue, shaderCache.hogg gets updated. Probably just a version number increment. Unfortunately Cryptic's launcher doesn't do differential compression (ergo: just downloading the changed bits) so you have to download the whole damned file if only a few bits in it actually get changed.

Actually I believe they do do some form of differential download.
    I have an extremely slow connection (by European/American standards).
    It's just not physically possible to download patches as fast as I do.
    Observing the download, it will occasionally jump a large percentage complete, even though only a small number of bytes have been downloaded.
    So I suspect the reported download size is the total size of all files affected, but we need a much smaller download to actually effect the patch.
This discussion has been closed.