test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trading Reviews: The Not so Lonely Dagger. (Part 2 of Campaign)

avatre21avatre21 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
Hi, I'm hoping to trade reviews again, this time for the second part of my campaign.

Adventurer, It's time to return to the Lonely Dagger Inn. Things are progressing rapidly and your aid is desperately needed once again. A path has been discovered to the High Priestess, but her power is increasing rapidly.

• Note: This is the second adventure of The Lonely Dagger Saga.
  • Difficulty: Solo (with companion) for one or two tough fights.
  • Adventure Type: Story, but combat balanced.
  • The average time isn't correct, that was a friend and I playing and discussing different parts so took quite a while.
  • Short Code: NW-DB19TTKY5

There is at least one tough fight. It took some fiddling and I'm still not sure it's right so if you could let me know how well the barricade works, I'd appreciate it.

I'm having visitors over the weekend and so will not be able to play much before Tuesday. I promise to play through all review trades as soon as possible.
The Lonely Dagger Saga:
The Lonely Dagger Inn
NW-DHMMZR6BJ
The Not so Lonely Dagger
NW-DB19TTKY5

The Beginning of the End:
Once Bitten
NW-DUPFPJNSW
Post edited by avatre21 on

Comments

• Options
    ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you would be willing to trade reviews, feel free to visit my thread. Here there is bunch of people that will definietly trade you some plays if you do play through theirs.
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bump. (Am I allowed to bump? :)) Thank you to the three people who have played and reviewed my quest so far through ash4ll's form. I was hoping there were others willing to trade reviews who perhaps haven't started using said form yet.
    The Lonely Dagger Saga:
    The Lonely Dagger Inn
    NW-DHMMZR6BJ
    The Not so Lonely Dagger
    NW-DB19TTKY5

Once Bitten
    NW-DUPFPJNSW
  • Options
    mee2002mee2002 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Loving the story. Well, let's get the petty stuff out of the way:
    -Drunk Dwarf says "Hear, here" Phrase is generally "Hear, hear". Not sure if that was intentional.
    -Dwarf Adventurer says he will send reinforcements "now you're going down". Either you missed a 'that', or it's oddly threatening.
    -After fighting Rosslin the first time, the NPC stays there. Seems like it should disappear.
    -When talking to Ross at the end, it says she "holds her head eye"... not sure what that means.
    -Last part of the convo with Ross (when returning to INN) closes before you can read it.
    -Undead horde fight was pretty rough. I tried to block them in but they got around me and swarmed. Maybe make it 2 - 3 waves (Next appears after first dies) and add some NPC undead banging on the barricade that fade when the next group spawns.

OK, so I found the pacing really good. Liked the journals. Building the barricade was a ton of fun. The descriptions while talking to the Priestess were really good. All in all, I rate it a "please make another one" out of "No seriously, you have to make another one".
    NW-DPTTECLTF - Cindy Jones and the Holy Stein. A simple but hopefully entertaining foray into the world of Foundry.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Bump. Still hoping for more reviews.

Thanks mee2002, I'll make those fixes as soon as I dare... It took 3 days of constant attempts to get it published in the first place. The 'hear here' is actually intentional. I agree about the barricade horde, it took a lot of fiddling to get it like that and it still doesn't work as intended, your suggestions might be the way to go, thanks :)
    The Lonely Dagger Saga:
    The Lonely Dagger Inn
    NW-DHMMZR6BJ
    The Not so Lonely Dagger
    NW-DB19TTKY5

Once Bitten
    NW-DUPFPJNSW
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just played this.

Really enjoyed it, a great revisit to an already very good story. Nice environments in the main, just one or two slight niggles that I'll sendd via PM.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Played this today. Liked the story a lot.

Couple of minor things. First is kinda my fault. The barricade backfired on my CW. Blocked my shard spell from reaching the horde, lol. Might want to break up those encounters a bit. Its beatable as it is (you can always kite them back), but I'm sure a lot of people won't like it.

At the last fight there were 2 versions of the kid. Should probably have the NPC one disappear when the fight starts and another version show up later. I noticed the NPC one was getting attacked by the hostiles ground-targeted AOEs though. That fight might be a little tougher if you take it out.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    visualkeiukvisualkeiuk Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    Have added this quest to do, might be in a hour or two. as i'm getting slowly though all the trade off's. lol

If you could review Sacred Heart Short Code: NW-DECMTQMEA any notes you have post HERE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And Sacred Heart Short Code: NW-DECMTQMEA

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 27 mins.
    -=-
    Sacred Heart is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 16mins.
  • Options
    visualkeiukvisualkeiuk Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    Ok review done, had fun.

A few notes

When placing the torches there was no animation,
    On some of the placements of the touch, some npc's just spawned there, could they was there not just spawn.
    When you inspect the camp, and the fighter spawns, maybe a cool effect for him to spawn.
    placing the boards and such down there are no animations, picking them up there are, but not down.
    Also one of the boards was still in my pack after I placed them.
    Stacking encounters is a bit risky, maybe in a group at a time.
    When you talk to that Luke the first and second time, he just disappears maybe add a copy of him, or an effect.

If you could review Sacred Heart Short Code: NW-DECMTQMEA any notes you have post HERE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And Sacred Heart Short Code: NW-DECMTQMEA

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 27 mins.
    -=-
    Sacred Heart is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 16mins.