test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback on Gauntylgrim - Are they listening?

jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Clearly the general feeling is that Gauntylgrim is underwhelming and unrewarding. Perhaps our expectations were too high but regardless Gauntylgrim isn't something that we are satisfied with.

Do the devs even care? It seems like they are sticking their heads in the sand with this one.
Post edited by jellicho on

Comments

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah... I dont know who is incharge of designing the sets or new armor, but they should really get some more feedback about these things...

On the flip side, I dont know about you, but I havnt seen anyone who knows all the loot from GG yet.. YOu have coin gear (that sucks) but then you have T1/T2 gear so my understanding is there are THREE new available sets? I also heard there was a longsword for GFs that dropped but noone really knows yet...

Id love more info about this and again, LOVE them to listen to what players WANT on their gear...
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    jellicho wrote: »
    Clearly the general feeling is that Gauntylgrim is underwhelming and unrewarding. Perhaps our expectations were too high but regardless Gauntylgrim isn't something that we are satisfied with.

Do the devs even care? It seems like they are sticking their heads in the sand with this one.

Today, they may be more concerned that the patcher is crawling (downloading another gig, after a gig of pre-patch earlier in the week, wtf?), and that people who did get the patch before the servers started crawling have noticed that all the dialogues in the game seem to be broken.

Yes, I'm talking about in the live game. Completely broken. I think the expression is "LOLz".
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The gaunt is alwo insanely laggy as soo nas you enter combat.
    Iv never had this kind of rubberbanding - in town or in dungeons.
  • zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Worked my *** off to get into the Gold Tier, only to find there's no additional rewards for being the highest scorer...

If there's not "New" sets of armor, asides from the T2 PvP set, I don't think I'll bother with Gaunt. It's a lot of work, and there's basically no reward.
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and whats with thel ats dungeon - i got the iron tabernacle share but not the armories one - does this mean the other side got the other share - so nether side can get to the last dungeon?

and .. .tbh this all was looong and almost no reward.
  • jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    They are trying to fix the bugs, but essentially nobody really likes the zone.
  • timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Short answer : yes.

Long answer : "yes".
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This!

We're totally listening! Please continue to post your feedback, about GG, and everything. We're taking into account all of your feedback to make it and the game better!
    timmbeer wrote: »
    Short answer : yes.

Long answer : "yes".
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    We were the winning team (Corsairs) for GG before servers went down, we were in the Dwarf King dungeon on the final boss and couldn't get him down before the servers (frowny face) is there any chance we'll be able to get back in again or is it a lost cause?
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    In the nature of GG feedback...it's a little time consuming and cumbersome to have to hit "take" every single time you pick up a piece of needed stuff and once again you have to place things one at a time. Not normally a big issue but when you've been collecting parts and have like 20 something ready to place and it's *timed* it's frustrating to hit "f" 20 times just to put the food on the grill etc....
  • riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I love GG.
    Tons more than most of the dungeons. The PvP is more fun, too.
  • delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    I love GG it is quite fun, in my opinion, I am not always about the loots, I am about the game itself. I had a little lag, but that was my fault I had to many processes running in the background prior to entering. I was on the same team as skyewolf1 and was wondering are we gonna be able to return to instance or do we have to run the whole thing again?
  • klayl771klayl771 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was in The Kings Crypt and got disconnected now i'm unable logon, it says 'unable to Authenticate'.
  • blightwraitheblightwraithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I enjoyed running the dungeon and the teamwork aspect of having it be a 20v20 PVE/PVP mix.

However, it took an extremely long time to do the whole thing and in the end I literally got no reward from doing it (Except for some new titles for all the **** adds!) I think I left with a rank IV enchantment.

More loot overall - More nodes and make the last dungeon a little more dynamic (Dungeoneering, hidden rooms, etc)
    I think with the length and commitment of it every participant should walk away with at least a purple item.
    edited June 2013
    klayl771 wrote: »
    I was in The Kings Crypt and got disconnected now i'm unable logon, it says 'unable to Authenticate'.

That's because the servers are down for maintenance right now. It was posted.
    edited June 2013
    I enjoyed running the dungeon and the teamwork aspect of having it be a 20v20 PVE/PVP mix.

However, it took an extremely long time to do the whole thing and in the end I literally got no reward from doing it (Except for some new titles for all the **** adds!) I think I left with a rank IV enchantment.

More loot overall - More nodes and make the last dungeon a little more dynamic (Dungeoneering, hidden rooms, etc)
    I think with the length and commitment of it every participant should walk away with at least a purple item.

I enjoyed it quite a bit both times today. The first time we lost and got the t1 dungeon the second we won but couldn't kill the boss before the servers came down.

I do have to say that while I liked that the end boss in the T1 dropped a purple helm for CW (that I won) I was a little disappointed that the end loot chest only contained Grym Coins which, by the looks of it won't be any better for gearing up than standard seals. I'll be well geared beyond what I could buy from the vendor in GG before I ever get enough coins to buy anything with them. :( I was expecting something at least comparable to a T1 DD end loot chest.
  • yushirokaneyushirokane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    This!

We're totally listening! Please continue to post your feedback, about GG, and everything. We're taking into account all of your feedback to make it and the game better!

Then ill try gving some advice, introducing new sets that are smilar-worst to existant ones except in TR-CW case might not be the best, yet done is done.
    So, why not add other reward for ppl not interested in that set? A good example is exchange the coins for some enchantments, like 80 coins a rank 6 one and stuff like that. Or you could have created some kind of pvp medals which give some benefit in pvp modes (dmg red/procs aetc..) and introduce a new item slot.
    This things make ppl enthusiasthic to farm when new contant develops, not just sets that are pretty similar and in some cases really bad.
    In th eother side GG is fun, i am enjoying it quite a lot. PVP aspect is good and the instance is not a boring 45 minutes killing trash mobs like the other t2, this is the way instances should look nowadays, not the trash mob grind from early 2000 games, thx for the new content :)
  • yushirokaneyushirokane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skyewolf1 wrote: »
    I enjoyed it quite a bit both times today. The first time we lost and got the t1 dungeon the second we won but couldn't kill the boss before the servers came down.

I do have to say that while I liked that the end boss in the T1 dropped a purple helm for CW (that I won) I was a little disappointed that the end loot chest only contained Grym Coins which, by the looks of it won't be any better for gearing up than standard seals. I'll be well geared beyond what I could buy from the vendor in GG before I ever get enough coins to buy anything with them. :( I was expecting something at least comparable to a T1 DD end loot chest.

Stop asking for loot overflow :/ sets are supposed to be hard to get, if something theyll reward some AD or enchants.We dont want the 20k AD item set situation on broker again for top tier things, games must be rewarding with effort, not a purple fest like wow...
  • par4nauticpar4nautic Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    so is GG finally available again?
    yesterday i didn't see the option to queue for the 20vs20 pvp, and also the tooltip still said "unlocked soon"..
    edited June 2013
    Stop asking for loot overflow :/ sets are supposed to be hard to get, if something theyll reward some AD or enchants.We dont want the 20k AD item set situation on broker again for top tier things, games must be rewarding with effort, not a purple fest like wow...

Not asking for loot overflow...truthfully all I'm really asking for is maybe more realistic "prices" on seal and coin vendors to be honest. But you would really expect more out of an end loot chest from a dungeon than Seals which is really all Grym Coins are. And, just to be clear, I'm not looking to flood the AH with GG end loot purples :) I'm wanting to gear up my level 60 CW. I'm not a "farmer" I play the game to play the game.

Edited to add: Not to mention the end boss in the Dwarf King dungeon is *quite* a work out. He's worse than Mad Dragon before the nerf. Now to be fair I *don't* know what's in the end loot chest for the T2 dungeon I'm simply going off what was in the T1 one. If the T2 dungeon contains a better reward (like it should) then I totally understand the coins in the T1 dungeon.

:D Not a complaint by any stretch of the imagination, I'll still play GG regardless of the end loot, simply my two cents is all.
    edited June 2013
    skyewolf1 wrote: »
    Not asking for loot overflow...truthfully all I'm really asking for is maybe more realistic "prices" on seal and coin vendors to be honest. But you would really expect more out of an end loot chest from a dungeon than Seals which is really all Grym Coins are. And, just to be clear, I'm not looking to flood the AH with GG end loot purples :) I'm wanting to gear up my level 60 CW. I'm not a "farmer" I play the game to play the game.

Edited to add: Not to mention the end boss in the Dwarf King dungeon is *quite* a work out. He's worse than Mad Dragon before the nerf. Now to be fair I *don't* know what's in the end loot chest for the T2 dungeon I'm simply going off what was in the T1 one. If the T2 dungeon contains a better reward (like it should) then I totally understand the coins in the T1 dungeon.

:D Not a complaint by any stretch of the imagination, I'll still play GG regardless of the end loot, simply my two cents is all.
    GG t1 can be done in 6 min per run, yes...you can run to door and then campfire again... So if they give a purple piece in chest too that will be 4-5 purple pieces in 30 min for 1 player
    These will make t1 sets 0 valuable in 2 weeks, and t2 will drop a lot too a lot if they give other DD chest in GG. So in 1 month everyone will go in top gear without barely effort.. (like it happened with the **** exploits), theres already a lot of ppl in this game top geared but with no clue of how to play, exploits took care of that, ls dont ask for more..
  • eazydzzzeazydzzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited June 2013
    I like Gauntlgrym a lot. It's fun - especially the pvp part.

There does need to be more you can get with the Grym coins though. How about a mount, companion, or rank 6 enchant that you could buy with Grym coins? Maybe dyes? Anything really.

Also, it needs to happen more often. The time in between Gaunts is way too long. This is a big problem for those of us with limited time to play.

Overall, the concept is great and it just needs a little polishing.

Oh and this game really needs more than 2 pvp arenas. A 20 vs 20 arena would be awesome.
    edited June 2013
    eazydzzz wrote: »

There does need to be more you can get with the Grym coins though. How about a mount, companion, or rank 6 enchant that you could buy with Grym coins? Maybe dyes? Anything really.

This!

I'd be perfectly happy with a rare/very rare enchant or even a shard in the loot chest. It doesn't need to be gear. :D As for the coins what about the option to trade them in for say...Tarmalune Bars? Something that's equally rare?
    edited June 2013
    eazydzzz wrote: »

Also, it needs to happen more often. The time in between Gaunts is way too long. This is a big problem for those of us with limited time to play.

Overall, the concept is great and it just needs a little polishing.

Oh and this game really needs more than 2 pvp arenas. A 20 vs 20 arena would be awesome.

This guy's idea is good, mount,companions and some enchants will make ppl love to go GG
    Also you should reduce the time for events from 1.30 to 1 hour, 20 min per phase are enough, so we can have GG once more per day. Besides in nowadays MMORPG almost 2 hours for an event is too much.
    Most ppl enjoy the PVP aspect of GG, so they have to play an entire hour of PVE that they dont enjoy so much (or that they do a lot in t2) for this 30 min pvp. 1 hour for every event should be enough.
  • possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    This!

My big question would be why the developers create things in this game like they are just learning to program? GG is a fail, far more hate it than like it from the last sets of forum threads and this one. The exploits, lack of content and now GG, what is the target gaming crowd? People that have low standards? People that are easily fooled or new to, and I use this term loosely for Neverwinter...MMO's?

Sure we have the people that cant mind their own business and worry how everyone gets something and cant stand to see people do something another way, but all games have those, and for the most part we ignore them, like a couple on this very thread, still, we cant ignore the fact this game is broken in many spots and the developers and their customer service are pretty much lacking in many areas, top this off with GG and patch after patch of broken buggy content and a person simply just has to shake their head at the absurdity of the situation.

The single biggest problem people simply do not understand is Cryptic has to dance the fine line on too much loot verse what they NEED to make from their micro-transaction store to remain in the black, this is difficult with F2P games once the wonder and amazement wears off and people grow tired of constant mistakes.

Does the lead developer really know what the current state of the game is with the majority of players? I really doubt it. By the time he gets anything that smelly bucket has transformed into sweet sweet honey.
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I tend to see on GG is that a lot of people complain about it, yet provide the reasoning to why they're unhappy.

What I don't see are the positive feedback posts that say anything other than 'it's good', or 'i love it'.

I think for the devs to make the best job of GG that they can, they need to know what doesn't work, and also what does. Unfortunately, I can't help as I've not played it :rolleyes:
  • pinkleetpinkleet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic is not "dancing" any fine line here. They push hard for cash and will do so because they cater to those who rather pay 20-50$ bucks than waste 2-4 weeks of hard work. Some just can't devote enogh time to the game and will drop some cash to enjoy the game. Free players are here only so those who pay are not alone suckers in this game. Besides, every idiot will try something when it's "free".

I am not so found of the devs either. There seems to be some real incompetence issues when it comes to coding/designing A lot of people who play have some coding experience and they shake their heads. And intorducing a game mechanics that rewards quick farming (proffesion event node gathering) and than nerfing it to the ground by limiting the number of nodes you can pick before loot goes to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> got to be the gold star of mmo industry. Don't create mechanics that can be easily exploited and than roar that people exploit them. I mean... REALLY?
    edited June 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    What I tend to see on GG is that a lot of people complain about it, yet provide the reasoning to why they're unhappy.

What I don't see are the positive feedback posts that say anything other than 'it's good', or 'i love it'.

I think for the devs to make the best job of GG that they can, they need to know what doesn't work, and also what does. Unfortunately, I can't help as I've not played it :rolleyes:

Good point...personally I love it. It's different, it's fun...I think what's not clear is it's not necessary to actually PvP at all if you don't want to. If you're totally into the PvE aspect it's entirely possible to spend the entire PvP session running support, picking up pieces and killing mobs. I'm not a PvPer...sometimes I want to be LOL but more often than not I enjoy the PvE aspect more. I think they need to make it clearer that it's not *mandatory* to PvP to take part in GG.
  • pinkleetpinkleet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Simple Reward to effort ratio. So far GG blows in that department. The basic question is this. Would you do GG if there was no reward at all? Most people already voiced it - it is not worth it. Do it few times for fun and forget about the chore.
  • delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    What I have noticed, is more often then not, really on any forum, you have a higher percentage of complaints, then positive feedback, because those who enjoy the games, do not spend much time on the forums, they spend their time doing what they enjoy, the game the forum is about. That's just how it is, and has been for years. As there are many of us who play the game, enjoy the game, and understand its a work in progress, and love each aspect of things coming out, from GG, to Fury of the Feywild anticipation. Most people forget one real seriously important fact, It is a game and has always been a game, and is up to those who play it whether they will continue to do so or not. Having been on the suit side of things like this, yes they appreciate all feedback, they want to know how to improve the game, but putting down the devs or the company is not the way to influence people. It really boils down to one simple fact.
    If you like it, play it.
    If you do not like it, Do not play. Really simple.