test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Broken Quests

boboddbobodd Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
the starter quest is broken, private wilfred opens a blank box with no text and no options and u cant skip thru usin the 1 key etc.

theres a load of new playres piling up here atm...
Post edited by bobodd on

Comments

• sindrelasindrela Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So glad it isnt just me then, just made an acount and yep first quest guy is rather enthusiastic, but has no options to answer him, so can't play lol.
  • matronymatrony Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    quests dialogs and vendors are bugged..

cryptic, how about you just TEST your things before putting em live? just... a simple test?
  • maxiorek87maxiorek87 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is some bug with this then cause later in game (well later in game... I'm lvl 9) in every single quest i've got blank text:

vle3.jpg
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Interesting. So, no QA at all, then?

Let's see how quickly the patch gets out there :)
    edited June 2013
    I cant even get out of quest dialog, without closing game and relog, escape has no effect.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    people complain but at least its not apb where the devs would probably just ignore it or claim you must have a terrible computer
    edited June 2013
    Maybe we have to buy npc text with zen now?
  • brunhildhabrunhildha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's affecting quest NPC's all around everywhere. Also has problems with attempting to finish a quest by trying to loot the chest to conclude the quest.
    edited June 2013
    spunkmeler what do you mean "click off the dialogue box in the general screen area" ? I can't see option like that
  • raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    brunhildha wrote: »
    It's affecting quest NPC's all around everywhere. Also has problems with attempting to finish a quest by trying to loot the chest to conclude the quest.

I'm in game atm, and am having none of these issues.

I'm not saying others aren't, and I'm sorry to those it is affecting, but it's certainly not happening to everyone, everywhere.
    edited June 2013
    spunkmeier wrote: »
    Still no fix is disappointing.

Click off the dialogue box in the general screen area then press escape again.

Thanks that helped, still no text, but now I get to look around beach
  • nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    maxiorek87 wrote: »
    There is some bug with this then cause later in game (well later in game... I'm lvl 9) in every single quest i've got blank text:

vle3.jpg

That's one mighty patch, I'd say.
    This a joke of the week, Cryptic, darling.
    edited June 2013

Exact, npcs chat and end chests are bugged.
    edited June 2013
    Reinstalling game doesn't help, neither changing language....
    edited June 2013

Exact, npcs chat and end chests are bugged.
    edited June 2013
    Okay guys I've got solution - I bet that only UK players will have this problem... All you need to do is to change keyboard language from EN United Kingdom to EN United States... Works fine for me:) And devs deal with this problem quick please :)
  • duurduur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    in the game some people shout that setting your windows keyboardsettings to US work around that problem.

one one of my machines I have the NPC bug too, on the other I have the same problem with the launcher now too.. fun oh fun
    (yep that was sarcastic)
    Play for fun, Work to get rich, These two are not compatible!
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This worked for me and was originally posted by Imathi here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?375551-Cant-talk-to-npc-after-patch&p=4763252&viewfull=1#post4763252
    imathil wrote: »
    All NPCs
    English
    WITH US International Keyboard under Windows settings...resetting to straight US keyboard and rebooting game fixed issue for me but I had to change the DEFAULT keyboard to US not just switch keyboard setttings.

Hope it helps other people too.
  • xtsukandaxtsukanda Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the same problem and I'm currently re-installing NW. Will edit after I try out the keyboard fix! Fingers crossed.

EDIT: It works! Thank you!