test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Adding Insult to Injury

jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Bad enough to nerf leadership, but did you REALLY have to take tasks that we started under the old system with the text promising the old reward and give us the new nerfed reward when they finished?
Post edited by jaelithe on

Comments

• Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OH NOEZ! so you earned 100 less AD??? OUTRAGEOUS!
  • Options
    johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    frarii wrote: »

Considering how terrible the other professions are and that most people only level Leadership because of this, and doing it with the one sort of decently awarding skill mission.... kinda. :P (when all put together)
  • Options
    skuldarnskuldarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    The nerf to Protecting Caravan has caused me to abandon this game. It was only fun for a couple weeks anyway.
  • Options
    anzentantouanzentantou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whats worse is the auction house is bugged. lags after someone outbids you and cant bid on the 1min mark
  • Options
    darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

It is outrageous, and you dude can shove your lame comments.

It’s utterly stupid that they went in and nerfed this. OMG, people are milking the ADs from Protect Caravan missions. Give me a fricking break already Cryptic. This is just one more straw that’s breaking the camel back I’m getting to the point where I’m about done with this entire BS. God forbid ANYONE can make some Ads from doing missions. Seriously!!!!!
  • Options
    nachofootnachofoot Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its a constant war against the average player.

NW has slipped slowly towards the "asian grind" mmo scheme. You do worthless, boring dungeons with hundreds of nameless mobs for a chance at a low drop rate. I don't need a second job and this game has me thinking of going back to SWTOR. That's a bad thing to say...
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    All of these nerfs to nods, leadership, etc... is to combat bots but it hurts the average gamer's ability to legitimately gain AD/enchants.

While the bots themselves continue to farm just at a slower rate.

Recommendation: Focus on stopping the bots themselves vs. nerfing the rate they can farm. They are not going to stop botting just because they get less $$ / Hr.

They will just raise their prices to make up for the change!

The ONLY time botters will stop is when it's no longer profitable.
  • Options
    hellorcohellorco Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    It doesn't make much sense since the AD refining is capped.
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hellorco wrote: »
    It doesn't make much sense since the AD refining is capped.

Protect the caravan never goes over the daily cap and only would of gone over the cap if you earned 2000 AD per run which would turn to 24000 AD in a day on one single character.

From what I know the AD cap is per character and not account.

Also, I've spent 20000 Zen already which all of that Zen is from the AD to Zen exchange. Also, using 50 characters doesn't take long when doing professions and invoking, well if you have a fast computer that is.
  • Options
    vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    All of these nerfs to nods, leadership, etc... is to combat bots but it hurts the average gamer's ability to legitimately gain AD/enchants.

Recommendation: Focus on stopping the bots themselves vs. nerfing the rate they can farm. They are not going to stop botting just because they get less $$ / Hr.

You sir are correct. It is a shame that nothing will be done to stop the bots and all the people that are average players in terms of time to log in will suffer.

I have been an advocate of this game for a long time, but I am really getting sick and tired of my gameplay being affected by the minority. People's patience is wearing thin and as time goes on I am starting to see why. Things like this are starting to get old, to say the least.
  • Options
    jarsennjarsenn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »

Sadly, the bots are doing them (NW/cryptic) a favor. By making the game a more miserable experience for the player who tries to earn
    their stuff legit, they will eventually get frustrated and say screw it, and break out the cc and buy their items. Players like myself, will just quit, but alot of others will just fork over the dollars. Just another example of why free to play games are garbage. Nothing, is truly "free".
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jaelithe wrote: »
    Bad enough to nerf leadership, but did you REALLY have to take tasks that we started under the old system with the text promising the old reward and give us the new nerfed reward when they finished?

I just logged in, and the gathering AD leadership quest that I started last night gave the same amount as it said it would.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jaelithe wrote: »

1. Learn how databases work
    2. ????
    3. Profit!!
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    I just logged in, and the gathering AD leadership quest that I started last night gave the same amount as it said it would.

No idea how you got your, I logged in an hr ago and mine were nerfed. It’s a pathetic gesture on Cryptics part. I totally regret buying into this game. I was so excited about this game and loved it while in beta, but Cryptic is doing their best to totally crush this game and any hopes of it surviving.

I logged in through the portal two maybe three times a day to do this mission. And now, it’s been nerferd and why? Because people are botting it? Give me a break already. Do they seriously think this is going to change botting? It’s not; all they will do is create more accounts and add more bots to make up for the lack of Ads they are not getting now. So who pays for this? Us the legitamate players who were making a few thousand Ads a week.

Cryptic has caused this mess with giving us the Gateway, now when people are sitting at work logging in every few hours; they are now pissed at us and want to take away something that many of us were using. If the gateways a problem, then remove it Cryptic. But don’t go blaming us for using what you give us then complain that it’s being abused because we do use it. Just pathetically lame and two faced of you!!!
  • Options
    ragdoll25ragdoll25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

It was only "Protect the Caravan" that was nerfed to 100AD. "Gathering AD" was unchanged.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    100AD nerf...ohh noes....off to the forums!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    100AD nerf...ohh noes....off to the forums!

Replying in such a mature fashion on the exact same forums certainly elevates you above the rest of us.

Oh wait, you reply to almost every thread in such an attack based fashion. Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You are the guy in the barrel at the cryptic office.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ragdoll25 wrote: »
    It was only "Protect the Caravan" that was nerfed to 100AD. "Gathering AD" was unchanged.

Ahh yes, I see....just read the patch notes. Thanks.

But this begs another questions....I see that of all the leadership quests that give AD, "Protect the Caravan" was the only one that was nerfed.

So are people really getting upset because of that 1 quest??? My suggestion is if that's not giving enough AD's, then just do another one.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    vikoon wrote: »
    Replying in such a mature fashion on the exact same forums certainly elevates you above the rest of us.

Oh wait, you reply to almost every thread in such an attack based fashion. Nothing to see here.

You would rather me cry and whine on the forums about some low level profession that had it's reward lose 100AD?
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Maybe leadership should award no AD. Who cares. If you need AD from leadership there is something wrong. Maybe just enjoy crafting for the sake of crafting.
  • Options
    johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

But this begs another questions....I see that of all the leadership quests that give AD, "Protect the Caravan" was the only one that was nerfed.

So are people really getting upset because of that 1 quest??? My suggestion is if that's not giving enough AD's, then just do another one.

Personally Im annoyed with virtually every profession, to some extent. This was just another pile upon the dung heap.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    You would rather me cry and whine on the forums about some low level profession that had it's reward lose 100AD?

Amazing how you are able to determine context out of a valid complaint. That is the problem with people like you these days, expressing concern is not necessarily "crying and whining". I am however able to determine your tone quite clearly since it can't be taken any other way.

To answer your question though, I would rather see a constructive discussion about the topic rather than you acting like you are above the people that have voiced a concern on Neverwinter's Forums.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Probably because it gave you a far better AD/hour ratio than the other 1-10 tasks that rewards you with AD.
    So are people really getting upset because of that 1 quest???
    My guess is that they are just venting with a bit of whining mixed in.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Maybe leadership should award no AD. Who cares. If you need AD from leadership there is something wrong. Maybe just enjoy crafting for the sake of crafting.

Ok, so what are we crafting from Leadership if not Astral Diamonds??? The crates that I get 2 potions I quite often get out of after a 12 Hour task? For the amount of XP involved to max this profession, I think we deserve a lot more than that.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Maybe they are upset because more often than not, one nerf leads to two, leads to three, if no one voices any opposition.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    Considering how terrible the other professions are and that most people only level Leadership because of this, and doing it with the one sort of decently awarding skill mission.... kinda. :P (when all put together)

The answer to that is to make the other professions better, rather than nerfing the only good one.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

:eek:

Are you serious?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    Personally Im annoyed with virtually every profession, to some extent. This was just another pile upon the dung heap.

You seem annoyed with absolutely everything about this game.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    vikoon wrote: »
    Amazing how you are able to determine context out of a valid complaint. That is the problem with people like you these days, expressing concern is not necessarily "crying and whining". I am however able to determine your tone quite clearly since it can't be taken any other way.

To answer your question though, I would rather see a constructive discussion about the topic rather than you acting like you are above the people that have voiced a concern on Neverwinter's Forums.

Maybe you will understand my lack of faith in an attempt at discussion when most of the threads come down to bashing the game.

I am allowed to post my opinions within the guidelines.

My opinion since you didn't ask nor do you care (likewise I assure you) is I am tired of the sniveling kids coming in and crying over everything they perceive is wrong with the game.

You don't like my tone? Why not? My retort to someone else having a coronary over 100AD needing a little dose of STFU was not an invitation to having an adult discussion when the entire thread is a whine fest.