test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs: think SMALLER

2»

Comments

• Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    brustle wrote: »
    added TLDR summary, more or less

I've never added tldr <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to a post. If people don't have the time to read it, which takes a minute or two at most, then I don't care for their opinion. It's pure laziness.

I agree with your assessment though. I don't like GG at all. I think it's a waste of time, that is on a timer, taking DD spots.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've never added tldr <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to a post. If people don't have the time to read it, which takes a minute or two at most, then I don't care for their opinion. It's pure laziness.

This. Why promote illiteracy?
  • Options
    brustlebrustle Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, because you either have to engage the illiterati, or consign yourself to a life of seclusion.

I don't see what's wrong with a simple Capture the Flag map. Traditional PVP Battlegrounds may not be "Genre-breaking", but they provide endless entertainment for people looking to kill and hour or two.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    They keep trying to hit the home run. But they suck at baseball and strike out every dam time. I agree they should start playing teeball and just leave the heavy hitters to thier professional game. JUst try to hit the Teeball please.
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TLDR: Gauntlgrym is bloated, boring, and awful. Please release simpler, higher demand things first, like Capture the Flag maps.

All you had to do, was put in a decent Capture the Flag map, a Duel option, and a few bug fixes. That would have kept me (and I think most other people) happy for another month, ESPECIALLY if you said, "next up, 1 new race, rangers, and druids!".

Instead, you've cobbled together the Monstrosity that is Gauntlgrym. When I was watching the trailer for GG, I actually, literally looked down at the date to make sure it wasn't April Fool's Day. There's Epic, and then there's just Comically Bloated and Unwieldy.

And Forced guild membership?!?! "I hate guilt politics and drama, they ruin these games for me" ... "YOU SHUT UP PLAYER YOU LOVE GUILDS CUZ I SAY YOU DO". Terrible. And sandwiching pvp between pve... you know what, I could go on for an hour, just... awful.

There are 3 types of PVP in MMO's: 1) Capture the Flag 2) Domination 3) Experimental modes of pvp that confuse and irritate players. I'll let you guess which category GG fits in.

In summation, think smaller: walk before you fly. You have a great core game here; flush out the basics a bit before you try to revolutionize the genre.

you do know you can make your own guild be a guild leader of a guild of 1 and then do all the GG stuff pugged if you want.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    azmoran11 wrote: »
    Gauntlgrym spend an hour and a half for a slim chance of a T1 item and guarenteed 5 Gyrm coins! Ya....totally worth it. /sarcasm

now this is what is the true TL;DR for OP :D
  • Options
    psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am a casual gamer and do not go for guilds and do not even team much as if i want to do something or take breaks. As for PVP well I don't think it has any place in D&D as a GM my self any time a group starts in fighting they usually die horribly. But seeing as this is an MMO as everyone keeps stating than I guess you can put anything in you want, as long as its optional which as of now GG I will never play it for one do not like raids, do not PVP, and don't do groups. I am ok with this as long as there are new stuff to do solo. More classes and races as well as different leveling options would be nice, otherwise this game is going to get old and boring very quick.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Hit the Teeball please. Thats all I want just simply hit the Teeball. Baby steps
  • Options
    uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited July 2013
    The sooner MMORPG Devs wake up and ditch PvP, or at the least have it totally unconnected to the PvE part of the the game, the better the MMORPG industry will be.

Only one MMORPG game has managed to implement PvP without having it totally destroy the class functionality and synergy of PvE, and it managed that by keeping PvP and PvE 100% totally separate.

IMO the very worst thing any MMORPG Dev team can do is listen to the PvPers.

All The Best

Thats the worst post I have read in a long time.
    The problem of todays mmo
  • Options
    nagrukknagrukk Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TLDR: Gauntlgrym is bloated, boring, and awful. Please release simpler, higher demand things first, like Capture the Flag maps.

There are 3 types of PVP in MMO's: 1) Capture the Flag 2) Domination 3) Experimental modes of pvp that confuse and irritate players. I'll let you guess which category GG fits in.

In summation, think smaller: walk before you fly. You have a great core game here; flush out the basics a bit before you try to revolutionize the genre.

Errr, Ill bring the WoW comparision here. WoW had no PvP CtF or Domination modes when it launched, only worl pvp that was 1) ganking lowbies in world map. 2) Conquering cities in imbalanced servers where population were 10:1 or 1:10, so it was Zerg gank fest anyway. So please, dont expect that a F2P game that launched 1 month ago have all pvp modes at start to satisfy all kind of player demands.

If you like the core game, stick with it and wait till more pvp modes are added, suggest those to be added (in a gentle way). Dont start to call names to their added content if you dont like it and would had prefered another type of event added into the game, specially if there are quite a lot of people that are satisfied with GG. Otherwise... just move on to another game, its not like they made you pay $$$ with the promise of adding CTF before July...
  • Options
    johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    GG is a huge success and most of the server loves it....

you sir, mr. original poster, are a very, VERY, small minority

seriously? what tribe are you from? lol

GG sucks. most of the people hates it

GG's concept is good, BUT is badly programmed/designed