test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Small rp tavern

willagonwillagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Hello all. I found myself and friends lacking a private rp space so i made a quick tavern to cover that. Wondering if anyone could take a look and review for me.

Mainly just a place for rp, no combat or anything.

NW-DIEDT93Q3

will gladly review anyone who reviews mine. Thanks a bunch
Post edited by willagon on

Comments

• lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You could check out Riddles in the Dark for a good RP area and tavern. (It's the 2nd, and 3rd area in the quest.) And no combat at that point. (though the whole quest is RP friendly there is combat and such later on.) I will check out your tavern though.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    willagon wrote: »
    Hello all. I found myself and friends lacking a private rp space so i made a quick tavern to cover that. Wondering if anyone could take a look and review for me.

Mainly just a place for rp, no combat or anything.

NW-DIEDT93Q3

will gladly review anyone who reviews mine. Thanks a bunch

I will check it out when I get home in a few hours :)
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not much of an RP'er so maybe you can educate me.

What does one do in an RP tavern? I usually just go straight to the loot and leave?

Should I be sitting down and talking to myself? Bring friends and dance around?
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • willagonwillagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, mainly for an rp place you bring friends and well..roleplay. whatever character your playing, socialize and get to know each other. It can be very annoying to try to do this in a place with non roleplayers running about. breaks immersion.

i come from a private world nwn2 server, so im used to everyone roleplaying all the time. I was hoping the foundry would allow for something similar.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, one thing I've commented a lot on STO is the ability of Foundry to provide RP spaces, including player and guild housing.

I believe there are a few cool RP zones made for STO, though there slots are less dear.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's nice, but I feel that it needs a few "little " touches, like a few clickables to have fun with. But again if you're in a party you want to talk and catch up rather than wander.. but then again, at real parties, some people like to wander off and explore too.
    Would be fun to keep republishing ever week or so and have the "clickables" do something different....
    I have just been playing around with a simple Lock/code entrance to my quests, but have a lot of eye candy in it, and besides trying to figure out the code (which is real easy right now as this is still in it's test stage) I want to have a few fun things to do no matter ...
    Don't drink the ale!!
    There is NO loot, there is no advancement, just a test world... But working on fun effects, Wizard be gone is a good one
    @neverwinter1776
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You may want some interactions that make your character pose, like hammer or dance or talk with a beer or whatnot.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • willagonwillagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah i plan on adding as i go along. learning the foundry and whatnot. All good ideas will deffinately check it out.