test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bait & Switch w/ Drops (Greater Identify)

everwindgaleeverwindgale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
First off,

I understand in a free to play game that the game owners want to incentivize micro-purchases. In general I will buy things that allow me to customize my character or improve my game quality of life. However, in yet another over-the-top scheme I am really getting annoyed at the drop mechanics. Let me explain.

Leveling up I had no problem, selling green drops as I accumulated enough identify scrolls to identify and sell my loot that I did not need. Had enough gold between drops to buy healing potions. Now reach 60. All the green drops still come, but I don't loot because the rarity of great identify scrolls dropping is significantly less than it was for lower levels. I can buy the scrolls for 125 AD for essentialy 1 10 SP item. (I am sorry 125 AD for 10 SP is not a good deal). So what is happening is that since I rarely have 1 or 2 greater identify scrolls I can't/won't loot the green junk. Furthermore, since I end up doing a lot of PUGs (2 guilds have largely left the game--another thread) I end up burning a lot of heals and injury kits, and I am running out of cash to buy the potions. Since the markets are either feast or faminie (most stuff sells for a small amount-or insane prices that I can't really afford or ever get the uber drop that sells for anything more than say 10k AD) I am going to be forced to farm foundries (not my idea of fun), or spend lots of cash money on consumables--I am sorry but the game is not that compeliing).

Is there some other way to generate meaningful gold without farming for that purpose? I don't see them lowering prices of G Ident scrolls or something radical like making green drops level 59 or less so the lower scrolls work; or dropping the requirement for them to even be identified since their only purpose is to sell after level 55 or so.....

I swear playing a Perfect World is like dealing with the Mafia..... it's like paying protection money for things I really don't want or need. I really do like the standard subscription model better. problem is in order for that to work you really have to maintain a quality game with fresh new content regularly, and that seems difficult to do.
Post edited by everwindgale on

Comments

• dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    First off,

I understand in a free to play game that the game owners want to incentivize micro-purchases. In general I will buy things that allow me to customize my character or improve my game quality of life. However, in yet another over-the-top scheme I am really getting annoyed at the drop mechanics. Let me explain.

Leveling up I had no problem, selling green drops as I accumulated enough identify scrolls to identify and sell my loot that I did not need. Had enough gold between drops to buy healing potions. Now reach 60. All the green drops still come, but I don't loot because the rarity of great identify scrolls dropping is significantly less than it was for lower levels. I can buy the scrolls for 125 AD for essentialy 1 10 SP item. (I am sorry 125 AD for 10 SP is not a good deal). So what is happening is that since I rarely have 1 or 2 greater identify scrolls I can't/won't loot the green junk. Furthermore, since I end up doing a lot of PUGs (2 guilds have largely left the game--another thread) I end up burning a lot of heals and injury kits, and I am running out of cash to buy the potions. Since the markets are either feast or faminie (most stuff sells for a small amount-or insane prices that I can't really afford or ever get the uber drop that sells for anything more than say 10k AD) I am going to be forced to farm foundries (not my idea of fun), or spend lots of cash money on consumables--I am sorry but the game is not that compeliing).

Is there some other way to generate meaningful gold without farming for that purpose? I don't see them lowering prices of G Ident scrolls or something radical like making green drops level 59 or less so the lower scrolls work; or dropping the requirement for them to even be identified since their only purpose is to sell after level 55 or so.....

I swear playing a Perfect World is like dealing with the Mafia..... it's like paying protection money for things I really don't want or need. I really do like the standard subscription model better. problem is in order for that to work you really have to maintain a quality game with fresh new content regularly, and that seems difficult to do.

You can buy 99 Stacks of Major HP Pots much easier than farming gold. Recommend you check the AH for the pots.
  • druidofdisasterdruidofdisaster Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    The Half-Elf gold bonus coupled with radiant enchants as you level up to 60 gives you a surplus of gold and the racial bonus is permanent(it also adds up over time). I wouldn't play another race as my main character, gold bonus and deflection bonus alone make it advantageous.
    I'm not saying it was humans, but it was humans.