test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

sentinel or destroyer

zooismzooism Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Recently leveled my GWF and ran a few T2 just to see first hand just how good the AOE damage is.
Main is a rogue and cleric cleared CN but never bothered taking a GWF with us as before patch it made life easier to go double CW or TR.
I like the idea of the playstyle of a GWF and to be honest they look the **** if your spending a couple hours playing and have to stare at the same toon.
I see so many destroyers running around but wanted to find a reliable sentinel build that has been tested that still maintains decent damage, as I feel it could be moreviable throughout CN (esp on drac).
Hopefully the build can be used in both PVE and PVP (i know its probably still fotm) but GWF is so much more fun than TR (esp on aussie ping throwing daggers in stealth is aids).
Anyone with ideas?

EDIT: gear wise with tenebrous is it worthwhile going for items with stam and going full defensive or still going for arm pen cap before looking to other stat caps? does it gimp your dps badly going def stats or does tenebrous make up for it?
Post edited by zooism on

Comments

• zooismzooism Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shameless bump
  • wraightwraight Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a newly dinged lvl 60 GWF.
    Can anyone help me with whats the best way to put my stats, powers and feats + paragon. Maybe show it with a screen shot.
    Please help me out and send me a pm with the best dps spec.
  • ioannides5ioannides5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    actually, from a dps standpoint, more GWFs are using instigator over destroyer. 90% of damage comes from at-wills with instigator's wicked-strike buff, it's hands down superior (destroyer is still viable, instigator just produces more damage due to reaping strike sucking complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for the poor destroyers)
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Instigator is definitely the way to go for DPS, and Senintel is less DPS oriented by a fair margain.

That being said, I have a great deal more fun with my lvl 60 GWF Sentinel build then my lvl 60 GWF Instigator build. Plus I feel Sentinel is better in PvP then Instigator overall. I went with all defensive stats, upping Con percentage, etc. when building forward up to 60. Not saying it's optimum but that little guy can stand in front of a boss and laugh at them for the most part. Astral Shield is only something to consider remaining in during an emergency... I just really enjoy the Sentinel build so I am biased towards it. :)
    va8Ru.gif