test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Exploring zones

skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So lately I've taken to exploring all the zones on my lvl 60. I'm discovering a ton of places I hadn't when I was leveling, mostly because I was either petrified I was going to die (squishy CW) or in the case of my first toon my TR I just didn't know any better. I just straight-lined the pixie dust and didn't bother to explore.

So far I've found about three quests I didn't even know existed and countless caves and other areas I didn't even know were there.

I think we're missing out on a lot of content by simply following blindly the pixie dust trails for questing. If I'd known better I'd probably have left the trail off for most of my questing I think.

Just my two cents and I wondered what everyone else thought?
Post edited by skyewolf1 on

Comments

• Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The quest trail is insulting to player's intellect, but well, there is everyday someone in the zone chat asking where is rhix... so...

Yeah, even being really small areas, there are a bunch of hidden paths and nice finds...
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I suppose pixie trail is good while leveling but if we knew that we'd find hidden things in the zones, maybe ppl would revisit. But you aren't downscaled to level..which will make it trivial and boring.
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The only thing I don't really like is that like in places like Neverdeath there are level locked areas you can only access if you're questing. I wish everything unlocked at 60 so I could explore *everywhere*. :)
  • Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did you happen to come across any Wrymlings? I would like to know if they can be found in one of the zones
  • Options
    cartivacartiva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I started clearing all the dark areas of the map and trying to jump and run into every nook and cranny of all the maps on my second toon. I was thinking the same thing. There is only a few extra nodes to find and nothing of consequence otherwise. My third toon has been a sparkly trail run, with the exception of some exp farming on a few of the zones that make it easy.

I wish there were additional things to find or places to explore. Easter eggs or just extra nodes to loot with professions related items.
    Keira Taletreader 60 GF 13.9 GS
    Erdan Loreweaver 60 CW 11.3 GS
    Mika Hawklight 60 DC 11.5 GS
    Rukia Stealthfoot 60 TR 11.5 GS
    Ka D'Argo 60 HR 13.7 GS
    Ivan Ironfist 60 GWF 11.6 GS