test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian Fighters in PVP

rondoo1876rondoo1876 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Ok this is just my observations... Normally I do not see most classes as "OP" just need to build the skill to work around them and beat them. But since the last balance patch I have taken a keen notice of the influx of GF's into the pvp arena.

At first I did not think much about it but now I am starting to see why. It is the Stun lock "prone" that is going on. Litterally its a Face on keyboard roll it around till you hit 3 stun keys etc. Now if a class has stun lock np if its balanced but from what ive experienced they can literally now outburst damage rogues utilizing just shield bashes at lvl 60 and there stuns knock you prone which is unlike a normal "stun" which you stay standing and only lasts about a second this one is about 4 secs approx. because each time you have to wait for animation to get you up so you can activate any skills.

I guess what im seeing is a class now that as far as pvp is concerned, can take a lot of hits and block a lot of hits. Has a lot of health. Is able to deal out massive burst damage. And finally able to keep you "prone" stun locked for the 3 secs it takes for them to kill you.

Tank? I guess by tank the devs thought M1A2 Tank? with massive firepower I may add:-) just my two cents not a vent just a concern as now I see pvp flooded with GF"S face rolling anyone and everyone:-)
Post edited by rondoo1876 on

Comments

• tepdragontepdragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed. Only class that consistently beats me.
  • fallenjedi29fallenjedi29 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just wait till the kiddies learn how mean GWF really are, then we will see a surge of even more GWF in pvp
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just wait till the kiddies learn how mean GWF really are, then we will see a surge of even more GWF in pvp

I have been stun locked by GWF too already.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My post from this thread:

A tank class with over 40%+ damage mitigation and 30k+ HP in offensive gear that can block all incoming damage AND able to keep players knocked back and knocked down with an At-Will that allows them to spam charge people, should NOT be able to do this:

http://i.imgur.com/p5cGR2m.jpg
    p5cGR2m.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uih6sWC.jpg
    uih6sWC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/95Cnsql.jpg
    95Cnsql.jpg

Non-crit 1/2-shot:
    http://i.imgur.com/H56eumh.jpg
    H56eumh.jpg

You want more proof? Nearly 12 hours of why GF are OP as f*ck:
    http://www.twitch.tv/svartpepr/b/420747269

That guy isn't even fully geared out with Rank 8 Enchants, Greater / Perfect Soulforged, and/or Greater Tenebrous. He was doing upwards of 18-19k crits. I only took the screenshots of his first hour of owning in PvP...

Guardians have ALWAYS been OP. This guy figured that out since the game launched 2 months ago. It's just that only now, the masses have finally figured this out too and have rerolled to GF because they're the flavor of the month.

GFs have 2 OP and broken armor sets (Stalwart Bulwark and Timeless Hero). They have OP Encounters such as Knight's Challenge. They have an OP At-Will such as Threatening Rush, where they can constantly charge you. When combined with the Conqueror tree and good gear, they are a tank class that can do Rogue damage. Oh, and in PvE, they can do more damage than a fully geared out Rogue and CW if played, geared, and spec'd right.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    If you're critting for less than 20k on a GF DPS build you're doing it wrong.
    You should be able to get up to 40k.
    At least 30k consistently.
    edited June 2013
    GFs have 2 OP and broken armor sets (Stalwart Bulwark and Timeless Hero). They have OP Encounters such as Knight's Challenge. They have an OP At-Will such as Threatening Rush, where they can constantly charge you. When combined with the Conqueror tree and good gear, they are a tank class that can do Rogue damage. Oh, and in PvE, they can do more damage than a fully geared out Rogue and CW if played, geared, and spec'd right.

But no...there's a whole slew of people saying this is bull**** and can't happen. I mean they even told us to learn to play.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    GFs are badasses in PvP lately.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ranncore wrote: »

HAAA, NOW YOU ****ING LIKE THE 40K DAMAGE? YOU ALL SAID THE ****ING SHOCKING EXECUTION DAILY TAKING 40K "CRIT" DAMAGE WAS TOO MUCH AND NOW YOU ****ING LIKE IT ON GF?
    this community is so aweasome
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ranncore wrote: »

teach me how my masterrrrrr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xaiim7xaiim7 Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    Whole PvP is one big joke. From EU have any ping >200ms, sorry, but after stun i get next stun. I play with CW, so duel with other CW is: Who will first stun almost win. If you are alone and find 2 players, you donnt have change, just die. If you try use encouter and dodge, you lost encouter. In this game, you have just 4, and not 24 lines. Lost encouter wait next cooldown is very funny.

This game do not have any balance for 1vs1. Why can TR or CW instant kill? Why any can die in 5s? No, there is just not PvP. There is just Lag fest rules, who have better ping.
  • poluticornpoluticorn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good job posting SS of a GF using knights challenge to do big numbers! Anyone who isn't a baddie can kill the GF who uses knights challenge in 2-3 hits. And like the other guy said, if he's only crting for 14k-17k using knights challenge he's pretty bad.
  • masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    15k Crits? Well, i think its full Stalwart Set, all Power-Stacks, 6x Greater Tenebrous Enchantments...

Tenebrous Enchantments are bad balanced and should be weakened or even removed from the game. Stupid Design and totally overpowered.

And the 15k crits of a single GF are funny BUT:

Crit Chance? With Stalwart Set and Tenebrous Enchantments? Something around 5%. Well... every 20th Hit will be a critical one. Its a little bit stupid to be proud of very high, but very rare crits :P The average damage of each skill rotation is the most important thing.

Why a GF is weak:

He cant dodge! Most GF PvP builds need a full guard meter for a high damage output. This way blocking is really bad and is only usefull in very(!) dangerous situations. Each other class is able to dodge bull charge and frontline surge easily. If these attacks have been dodged, the GF has to wait 7+ seconds until the next try. The normal "at will damage" is very low.

So what?

I tried to kill a cleric yesterday... 20+% ArPen, 26% Crit Chance, 5k+ Power. Well he dodged my CC-Skills and ran around within his astral shield. No chance to kill him. Well my average Crit Damage is something around 8k-9k damage depending to the enemies armor class and defense. Most other GFs are not able to get this stats and average damage per skill rotation.

Posting high damage of very rare crits is like posting a video abusing the anvil of doom ... onehitting an enemies which is lower than 25% Hitpoints just to show very high damage... pfff useless in real PvP.

Dodging is the most important skill in PvP. If you dodge, you avoid EVERY attack and TR is able to avoid attacks and to get in melee range by doding. If the GF is blocking, he is very slow, his power decreases by blocking and attacks from the front are blockable only. Its quite hard to keep all enemies in front of the shield.

Most people which are always loosing vs. GF are noobs because they are not able to dodge ANYTHING!
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    poluticorn wrote: »
    Good job posting SS of a GF using knights challenge to do big numbers! Anyone who isn't a baddie can kill the GF who uses knights challenge in 2-3 hits. And like the other guy said, if he's only crting for 14k-17k using knights challenge he's pretty bad.

It proves Knight's Challenge is broken OP. He's not a glass cannon squishy GF. He can take a beating and burst any class down in 1 or 2 hits every 24 seconds. He also doesn't use (Greater) Vorpal enchant, so his crit damage isn't as high as it can be. And like I said in my post, I only took screenshots of the first hour of his nearly 12 hour VoD. He does up to 18-19k crits.

I'll repeat myself again, since most trolls and GFs that don't want to be nerfed seem to be ignoring this important point:

A tank class with over 40%+ damage mitigation and 30k+ HP in offensive gear that can block all incoming damage AND able to keep players knocked back and knocked down with an At-Will that allows them to spam charge people, should NOT be able to 1 or 2 shot every class in the game (yes, even other GFs). But in Neverwinter, they can.
    edited June 2013

LOL! Bad pvp player! Sry about this, but its very stupid to use knights challenge in PvP: Most players are just running away, dodging away and youre looking like a poor child, but wait: after 25 seconds you can repeat this. ROFLMAO

Learn to play without knight challenge, stop presenting your stupid hits which are nonsens at all. The you will be a usefull player for your party.

Well im GF too and if another GF is using knights Challenge on me, im blocking his lunging strike (he MUST use it to get in range and he has NO frontline surge) and then im using lunging strike on another target to get far way and then m laughing about this stupidness!

Well im looking for the next "very skilled player" (omg...) which is presenting his criticals with anvil of doom and knight challenge... quite useless in PvP, but hey... its all about the biggest (but useless) Pen*s...

And here is the reason:
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
    edited June 2013
    masu84 wrote: »
    LOL! Bad pvp player! Sry about this, but its very stupid to use knights challenge in PvP: Most players are just running away, dodging away and youre looking like a poor child, but wait: after 25 seconds you can repeat this. ROFLMAO

Learn to play without knight challenge, stop presenting your stupid hits which are nonsens at all. The you will be a usefull player for your party.

Well im GF too and if another GF is using knights Challenge on me, im blocking his lunging strike (he MUST use it to get in range and he has NO frontline surge) and then im using lunging strike on another target to get far way and then m laughing about this stupidness!

Well im looking for the next "very skilled player" (omg...) which is presenting his criticals with anvil of doom and knight challenge... quite useless in PvP, but hey... its all about the biggest (but useless) Pen*s...

You're obviously a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> 12 year old that can't seem to read and you're also a hypocrite because you yourself said on this forum post you use Knight's Challenge in PvP. Let me clue you in on something, since you're too dumb to realize it: I'm not the GF in the screenshots posted.

Oh, and if you're so good in PvP, then post videos of you dominating in PvP like the guy I linked. You can't, because you're just a scrub with bad gear, asking for gear advice, lol. Now stop your trolling and flaming, and run along. You have no clue wtf you're even talking about. Just another baddie GF who doesn't want to get nerfed before you can even gear up to become OP.
  • mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    xaiim7 wrote: »
    Whole PvP is one big joke. From EU have any ping >200ms, sorry, but after stun i get next stun. I play with CW, so duel with other CW is: Who will first stun almost win. If you are alone and find 2 players, you donnt have change, just die. If you try use encouter and dodge, you lost encouter. In this game, you have just 4, and not 24 lines. Lost encouter wait next cooldown is very funny.

This game do not have any balance for 1vs1. Why can TR or CW instant kill? Why any can die in 5s? No, there is just not PvP. There is just Lag fest rules, who have better ping.

If you play from eu against someone from usa there is no chance you will win.
    Or you have to get lucky and the player from usa is a 3 year old sitting on daddy's lap.
    But even then, if he pushes the keys that actually do something...
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    guardian fighters need to be adjusted to be more like tanks in standard mmo games.

very high survivability, low damage.

the fact they cant take the abuse of tanking in pve combined with them being super strong in pvp just points directly to this.

both facets of the game are suffering because the class is not made properly.

hate on me all you want.
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Make a TR.. people qq.
    Make a CW.. people qq.
    Make a GF.. people qq.
    It's okay guys, I'll make a DC to pvp. Soon enough I'll be owning and telling people my builds then you can go qq about how op DCs are too.
    It's not about class > class in pvp. It's about build > build. You can have a generic build on the GF/TR/CW but there are some builds out there that'd beat it.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    If you're using Knight's Challenge, Anvil and Vorps, you're not stunlocking.

You're complaining about every ability the GF has and ignoring the fact that they have to pick and choose between which abilities they use.

It also completely ignores the fact that those big numbers come from using Challenge + Anvil and only pop up when the target only actually has about 3-4k left. Yes, 35k crits are possible on GFs - but only when the target only has 3-4k HP left.

You're completely missing the only thing that's actually broken about this build. If the GF is using Fighter's Recovery at the same time, he's healing himself for 10-20k HP a shot.
  • yushirokaneyushirokane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rondoo1876 wrote: »
    Ok this is just my observations... Normally I do not see most classes as "OP" just need to build the skill to work around them and beat them. But since the last balance patch I have taken a keen notice of the influx of GF's into the pvp arena.

At first I did not think much about it but now I am starting to see why. It is the Stun lock "prone" that is going on. Litterally its a Face on keyboard roll it around till you hit 3 stun keys etc. Now if a class has stun lock np if its balanced but from what ive experienced they can literally now outburst damage rogues utilizing just shield bashes at lvl 60 and there stuns knock you prone which is unlike a normal "stun" which you stay standing and only lasts about a second this one is about 4 secs approx. because each time you have to wait for animation to get you up so you can activate any skills.

I guess what im seeing is a class now that as far as pvp is concerned, can take a lot of hits and block a lot of hits. Has a lot of health. Is able to deal out massive burst damage. And finally able to keep you "prone" stun locked for the 3 secs it takes for them to kill you.

Tank? I guess by tank the devs thought M1A2 Tank? with massive firepower I may add:-) just my two cents not a vent just a concern as now I see pvp flooded with GF"S face rolling anyone and everyone:-)

And again other GF thread.
    THE PROBLEM IS NOT GF IS TENEBROUS, TENEBROUS IS OP IN GF MORE THAN ANY OTHER CLASS DUE TO THE HIGH HP POOL.
    They should ner tenebrous or make it unique, because gf takes a very large advantage of it
    Besides none of this thread seems toknow the class, if you block you loose the 100% bonus to your power, so no, we cant block and kill like that
  • poluticornpoluticorn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It proves Knight's Challenge is broken OP. He's not a glass cannon squishy GF. He can take a beating and burst any class down in 1 or 2 hits every 24 seconds. He also doesn't use (Greater) Vorpal enchant, so his crit damage isn't as high as it can be. And like I said in my post, I only took screenshots of the first hour of his nearly 12 hour VoD. He does up to 18-19k crits.

You do know how knight's challenge works right? the GF will deal 100% more dmg to you and you also deal 100% to him. How is that broken and op? Like I said before anyone who isn't <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> will kill the GF in 2-3 hits after he uses knights challenge. Not only that, if they slot knight's challenge into a encounter slot they will lose one of their CC (which is a huge part of their combo) which leaves them with charge and ONE CC spell. You know how easy it is to dodge a GF ability? What are they going to do after you dodge their charge and knock down? Poke you with their toothpick for no dmg if they can even get to melee range.

You can nerf knight's challenge all you want. It's a troll skill that only works on baddies.
    edited June 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    It's okay guys, I'll make a DC to pvp. Soon enough I'll be owning and telling people my builds then you can go qq about how op DCs are too.
    Since my main is a DC, why don't you go ahead and get started on this
    edited June 2013
    You're obviously a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> 12 year old that can't seem to read and you're also a hypocrite because you yourself said on this forum post you use Knight's Challenge in PvP. Let me clue you in on something, since you're too dumb to realize it: I'm not the GF in the screenshots posted.
    Yes i DID use it. But i realized that Bull Charge+Lunging Strike+Frontline Surge is stronger if the skills are used correctly. A good GF is able to keep 2-3 Enemies busy, to knock the clerics around, to protect the teammates by using cc skills. Knights Challenge is a nice virtual pen*s, nothing more. i did realize this. And since i did realize that fact, im nearly allways rank#1 in PvP.
    Oh, and if you're so good in PvP, then post videos of you dominating in PvP like the guy I linked.
    Sry i dont need youtube videos. I know what im able to do and what not. I dont need silly fanboys who are crying...

Well, i know that my gear is quite good, but im still looking for better items. btw: i tested stalwart set and its bad. im loosing so much crit% and arpen ... useless. Just get 5k+ Power, 20+% Crit% and ArPen ... most standard GF gear is not able to provide these stats. its just a hype. its funny to see the timeless hero GFs in PvP ... no crit, no Arpen... just funny. Well tenebrous are used very often in combination with timeless. then its good.. because of tenebrous. Everything is good with tenebrous.

Now stop your trolling and flaming, and run along. You have no clue wtf you're even talking about. Just another baddie GF who doesn't want to get nerfed before you can even gear up to become OP.
    LOL

A GF using knights challenge (every 25seconds a few seconds double damage and everyone is able to get away from you while its active) to show an evidence for what? that a GF is imba each 25seconds for 5 seconds if the enemy is AFK?

stfu

And here is the reason:
    edited June 2013
    poluticorn wrote: »
    You do know how knight's challenge works right? the GF will deal 100% more dmg to you and you also deal 100% to him. How is that broken and op? Like I said before anyone who isn't <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> will kill the GF in 2-3 hits after he uses knights challenge. Not only that, if they slot knight's challenge into a encounter slot they will lose one of their CC (which is a huge part of their combo) which leaves them with charge and ONE CC spell. You know how easy it is to dodge a GF ability? What are they going to do after you dodge their charge and knock down? Poke you with their toothpick for no dmg if they can even get to melee range.

You can nerf knight's challenge all you want. It's a troll skill that only works on baddies.

100% agree...

but something i would add: its better to get out of the GFs range for most classes because its very lucky in this laggy game to get the first hit :x

And here is the reason:
  • eazydzzzeazydzzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited June 2013

Oh, and if you're so good in PvP, then post videos of you dominating in PvP like the guy I linked. You can't, because you're just a scrub with bad gear, asking for gear advice, lol. Now stop your trolling and flaming, and run along. You have no clue wtf you're even talking about. Just another baddie GF who doesn't want to get nerfed before you can even gear up to become OP.

What a sad and miserable little person you are, Gambitclick.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    GF is fine.

What we need is diminishing returns on CC.
  • shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    You whiny rogues want some cheese with your whine?
    I predicted these toddler threads would show up after rogues got the massive damage nerf...lolz

Guess what babies? I hope they do nerf knight's challenge....because I don't even use it and I still give you all **** spankings.

Learn to play kiddos.
    Rogue is by far still the most powerful class with dazing strike and impossible to catch.

A mentally handicapped, blindfolded, 1 handed chimpanzee can still win with a rogue...
    Guardian Fighters take skill because we had to adapt to dealing with OP rogues that can 100% crit for 35k damage while dazing the entire enemy team.

When guardian fighters can daze the entire team then come back and argue... until then L2P. lolz

and also a GF would give his shield and the arm that holds it for Impossible to Catch. Rogues toolbox is way better.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I play:
    TR - I'm OP
    GF - I'm OP
    CW - I'm OP

Maybe I'm just OP and you need to nerf me?

The problem is the player behind the keyboard and end game enchants.

You can give a bad player BiS Gear and Enchants and they can 1 shot players. Well 1 shot requires no skill just a push of a button. Any and EVERY class is OP with BiS Gear, Enchants & built for Burst even a DC.

The only way to fix PvP is to have PvP Gear that has massive damage/crt reduction vs. players like Resilience from WoW. Once you remove the burst the game is then pushed back to skill > gear.
  • c2n2c2n2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Every class but GF can dodge.
    The GF's shield can be broken done from one full volley of ANY other classes right click button skill (full stamina), rendering it useless.
    Any class can kite a GF since every class has a dodge that moves them out of melee attack range, and a ranged ability.
    A GF has one gap closers, dodge the gap closer by using <insert any class but GF>'s dodge and kite.
    Also a GF's shield only defends them from one direction. Whoever is facing the tank, their teammates should be flanking to make the GF's shield useless.
  • possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have both fully geared GWf and GF's and I know the GF perma block will be nerfed at some point.

Easy fix for this. The perma shield stance needs to be removed entirely and replaced by something similar to the GWF unstoppable mechanic, it needs to be charged up before use, and once depleted from hits or a time limit then need to be charged back up, currently it is way OP, never lost a pvp match unless all 5 folks were on me and then it was a 50/50 chance they could kill me.

Currently the shield meter auto fills or is filled at insanely fast levels while taking damage and doing damage, it should not do both and should again have the exact mechanic the GWF skill unstoppable, this would prevent perma block.

For PVE the regular block should stop an addressed amount of damage spikes but not stop damage entirely like it does now.

I do not see the damage as a problem once the perma block is taken down, at that point, the GF can be interrupted and handled appropriately. Even with unstoppable on my GWF a GF only need wait until that GWF skill dissipates and then get back to thrashing folks.

Currently I do not use my GF in PVP as it is no fun to simply faceroll people constantly. Once on a point I am pretty much left alone.
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.