test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: To Change Race?

jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
It would be nice if the team would add the ability to change your race in-game. There could be many reasons for it, and it couldn't be impossible to implement. Currently WoW has the same function in-place for their games and their races give racial stats and abilities, why not this game?
Post edited by jadetora on

Comments

• xoouulxoouul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree with this.
  • serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    I'm sure it's in the works, just need to figure out a price tag for it.
  • buckem420buckem420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This was asked for during beta, one of the community managers said it was unlikely.
  • syllvvsyllvv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Honestly i don't see why this shouldn't be an option in the game.
  • jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    buckem420 wrote: »
    This was asked for during beta, one of the community managers said it was unlikely.

Maybe can get one of their words on this in this thread. Hopefully it'd be more promising. We know many people that would appreciate this function.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    EQ2 also had the function. There is a really long thread out there currently on Race Change Request. The thing is some people love Elves, so when Eladrin(Moon, Sun Elf) come out people who made Wood Elf Wizards will want to be a Eladrin without rerolling and shelving there character they put millions of AD into.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    EQ2 also had the function. There is a really long thread out there currently on Race Change Request. The thing is some people love Elves, so when Eladrin(Moon, Sun Elf) come out people who made Wood Elf Wizards will want to be a Eladrin without rerolling and shelving there character they put millions of AD into.

That's one of our main issues.

We've already put -so much- work into this chara, we're -not- going to roll an alt or anything. No way are we doing it all again. And we -really- would like to be able to change race. So, yea.
  • brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    serpenttt wrote: »
    I'm sure it's in the works, just need to figure out a price tag for it.
    I say 1000 ZEN
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they don't implement a race change token in the zen shop when module 1 goes live they are insane. The option would rake in cash. You give three different options with different price points.
    1-Race+appearance change 1000 zen
    2-Race+appearance change+name change 1500 zen
    3-Race+appearance change+name change+gender change 2000 zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
    edited June 2013
    leillanna wrote: »
    If they don't implement a race change token in the zen shop when module 1 goes live they are insane. The option would rake in cash. You give three different options with different price points.
    1-Race+appearance change 1000 zen
    2-Race+appearance change+name change 1500 zen
    3-Race+appearance change+name change+gender change 2000 zen.

Yeh.

That's what we thought.
    edited June 2013
    It also seems that if and when this is hopefully made possible that they should expand the hair options to all races. Currently you can't make an elf with the hair variants 'Wild,' which seems kind of stupid because the hairs should be open to everyone and honestly it seems like it would fit an elf considering many of them -could- be pegged as 'wild'.
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
  • vaerthvaerth Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Many months later and the devs still cant comment on this request. Ignoring it seems to be their style.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    would be nice of them if it gets possible.
    i know the horror of wanting the perfect stats for your char.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Bring out your dead. *rings bell* Bring out your dead.
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I'm not dead!
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are "undead" classified as a racial choice?
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i hope it never happen , we already have characters with identical builds , and i don't want to see copies every where !
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    brun2000 wrote: »
    I say 1000 ZEN

I'd pay 10000 ZEN for it. Just give me the option!
  • sathadosathado Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2014
    meldan3n wrote: »
    I'd pay 10000 ZEN for it. Just give me the option!
    Agree! I'd pay 10000 zen too! I want to change my race and basic stats.