test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Lag

raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
.. seems to be getting progressively worse. Very hard to edit assets when you're rubberbanding all over the place. Anyone else getting this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by raphaeldisanto on

Comments

• Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Oh god yes.. Now my updates aren't even publishing.. And I fear the forever publishing glitch is back.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am experiencing quite a bit of lag in the Foundry, as well. More so than in the live game.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not been specifically getting that, but I have got at least one quest that is stuck publishing at the moment, which is rather frustrating. Seems that ever since they got the Foundry back up and running, its been running on fumes.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Perhaps they need to either put more server power to the foundry.. Or have downtime every 12 hours or so.
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Gah, add to my lag the disappearing cursor bug and timing out on log in.
  • Options
    neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It was fine this morning, but yes.. now I'm getting that pulsing trying to catch up lag. And the map I'm working on is very sparse so this shouldn't be happening.
    BTW, if you didn't know.. Ctrl-s Will get you out of the cursor glitch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It was fine this morning, but yes.. now I'm getting that pulsing trying to catch up lag. And the map I'm working on is very sparse so this shouldn't be happening.
    BTW, if you didn't know.. Ctrl-s Will get you out of the cursor glitch

Nah, it's a different bug. I don't have a cursor in 3D editing all of a sudden. Only in mouse over mode.
    The cursor in 2D works fine for me when I drag stuff slow enough~

Or, maybe more specific; clicking to edit doesn't do anything while not in mouse over mode.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ah my publishing failed finally, now I can retry.. Took a few hours though.
    I like turtles.

• Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, it's definitely unhappy today....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Maybe we should make a sacrifice to a God? But which one would deal with Foundry issues?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, it's definitely unhappy today....

We should give the foundry a hug! Maybe that will get it in better mood :3
    I like turtles.

• Options
    ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    saerrael wrote: »
    Maybe we should make a sacrifice to a God? But which one would deal with Foundry issues?

Make the checks payable to Ovaltine74.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • Options
    almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The day before they took down the foundry for a lengthy time and even after that, I have been getting unbearable lag. I cannot edit or walk around without my screen freezing every 3 seconds. I don't know what the problem is... I play the normal game just fine but foundry freaks out. Sucks too, because when I want to fix something in my quests it is near impossible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • Options
    swordswornswordsworn Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a dell xps that maby 4 years old but should have no issue with this yet the more I add to my first map the more broken the editor becomes. now I have all the following issue to contend with while editing.

3 second lag from time i click somthing to time the click gives me a result.

icons im trying to spin diasapear need to guess at rotation

when using the apear disapear tabs the sub menus for "never, objective,ect...." do not draw. I can click were they would be and get them or use arrow keys.

The menu for objective in apear disapear always draws under the curent window and i can only see the bottom half. again guessing were to click or arrow keys works around this. mind you with a 2-3 second lagg every key press.

If i arrow down to componet reached in apear/disapear. I become stuck as arrow keys stop working and i need to undo to get to any other otion.

I need to scroll the menu with the side slider afer picking objective complete and before clicking set objective, or i always acidently click the invisale componet reached thats somehow over this button but not there.... and get stuck, and yes i forget this and get stuck often. Undo hase become my friend

My authour does not reset to begining of map anymore if i reset.

My author no long teleports to play from here "story" he will always play from last place he was.

when I alt tab after editing something any complete qwest objectives get reset. so any edit could mean return to foundry.... play from here on map... return to foundry.... play from here story....

Somtime dragging in a item freezes editor. Alt f4 then cancle unfreezes editor.
    45 min story driven solo dungon. Branching dialogs. Multiple mid boss encounters. More small groups of tuff mobs then trash spam. "In defence of the Beggar King" now elidgable for daily foundry. NW-DHJPT25G4

10 min short but sweat. Amusing story and dialog. Light humor. Creative hord/survival mode hybred. Detailed eviroment. Entense combat with little no respite. Lovable contact npc. "The Infinity Chest" NW-DHKAAXTP4W