test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ranger melee attacks

vorathianvorathian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I understand that you only want 1 weapon basically for each class but please even if the ranger can only have a bow give him some melee attack that is based off the bow's stats. A nice dual bladed attack would be perfect. The idea of just another wow hunter makes me sick especially since the ranger class is supposed to be able to do both melee and ranged damage regardless of what ed rules you use.
Post edited by vorathian on

Comments

• lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't count on it, if its going to have a bow, its not going to use anything else and be 100% bow user, unless they go with something like Warhammer Online Shadow Warrior skirmisher.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Welcome to cleric 101... you have a slow range attack and no melee...

Archer Rangers will prolly be more of the same, but with a faster attack animation I suppose. If your looking for legolas or Drizzt... aint going to happen in this world. WoTC broke DnD and this is based of 4E.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vorathian wrote: »
    I understand that you only want 1 weapon basically for each class but please even if the ranger can only have a bow give him some melee attack that is based off the bow's stats. A nice dual bladed attack would be perfect. The idea of just another wow hunter makes me sick especially since the ranger class is supposed to be able to do both melee and ranged damage regardless of what ed rules you use.

I bet you a million AD they will do something like this (based on their track record)

They will use point blank shot meaning any target within say 15m (perhaps 10m) damage from the bow will be double or triple of its base dmg. This will make it so that other players wont want to be inside this range or suffer greatly from dmg output. Not only that but the ranger will then want to close the distance to receive this delicious dmg bonus. This will prevent 100m+ sniping from occuring.
  • morkelb78morkelb78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Twin strike, is all I want to see implemented into the game. I am interested to see this ability. However I highly doubt this at-will makes it.
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Twin Blade Ranger is a different class then Archer Ranger.

They will both be added to the game, it will just take some time.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm also a bit concerned with how they are going to do the animations of the AR..especially when the mob is in your face will he use his bow as a two handed staff....or shoot point blank Legolas style ?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    /joke Nah forget the Bow archer completely and just stick with more melee classes. I mean if you have another ranged class that doesn't have to dodge AOEs what is the point.