What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

95% of all PUGs Fail

2»

Comments

• tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @above case in point

Apparently we even have english speakers who have no idea what the hell the other person is trying to say.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @ tyrtallow : Apparently giving a valuable advise is hurting peoples' egos , so they go full <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mode and start typing nonsense indeed :D
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Get rid of the 'X' menu. People stop shuttlecocking for mad deeps. Reduce the amount of TRASH in dungeons (small groups of elites and dozens of normal trash mobs). Have more "unique" encounters through the instance. Each encounter should be approached strategically. There are good parts in Karrundax like Lava Golems -> Giants but then they just rinse and repeat the same trash mobs over and over and over again. Oh look flamespikersdongers, fire archons, forgemunchsters, and we wonder why everybody just suicide skips past everything. But this requires innovation and sweeping class rebalances which I'm not sure Cryptic have the patience nor competence for.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • morthanosmorthanos Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Yes there is SOME challenge in this game whether people like to believe it or not. The challenge is not in the areas you listed however. The challenge is getting everyone to communicate and all be on the same page. It has nothing to do with game mechanics, whatsoever. The company simply cannot code the game to alter the human condition of wanting to put forth as little effort as possible and still achieve their goals without any chance of failure.

When the other option stated was to "dumb down the game for 12 year olds" (who probably school most of us old farts in a game that uses soft targeting and keeping track of cool downs) Ill take all the things you typed any day of the week, even though you put it in a negative context. Forced cooperation is what D&D is all about. Communicate and work together, or get steamrolled by adds because the group is playing as 5 people soloing rather than a 5 person team adding to eachothers strengths and covering for eachothers weaknesses.

Quoted for truth.
  • morthanosmorthanos Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This reasoning errupted on the GW2 forums too. And I wonder each and everytime I see this reasoning... When did 5 mans in one game get comparable to raids in another? The answer is never. 5 mans are just that, 5 mans, not 20 or 40 mans, no just 5 mans. So should be compared to 5 man difficulties in other games.

This.

Still, the mechanics ARE depressingly similar from Boss fight to Boss fight in Neverwinter, too. It's just not any different than any other game at release. These dungeons are much better than GW2 in my opinion. And better than WoW was at release.

Hoping the Developers design some interesting mechanics in upcoming content... but this is no worse than any other game at this point in it's life...
  • kalyctokalycto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    nachofoot wrote: »
    ...and its your fault. If you can't complete a T1, don't even try a T2 even if you have a high gear score.

Cryptic, its time to dumb down your game for 12 year olds. They can't seem to follow instructions.

No. Just quit now. Tired of the WoW syndrome of making content stupid easy to appease the lowest common denominator. I'm not by any means one of those 'hardcore' raiders that demands things be tuned to some crazy difficulty, and I'm certainly not saying that some fights don't need fine-tuning but no way in hell should they dumb down the game.
  • que56que56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kalycto wrote: »
    No. Just quit now. Tired of the WoW syndrome of making content stupid easy to appease the lowest common denominator. I'm not by any means one of those 'hardcore' raiders that demands things be tuned to some crazy difficulty, and I'm certainly not saying that some fights don't need fine-tuning but no way in hell should they dumb down the game.

Hmm, where do you think the majority of their paying demographic falls? If Cryptic is smart their content will be designed for them. ;)
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nachofoot wrote: »
    ...and its your fault. If you can't complete a T1, don't even try a T2 even if you have a high gear score.

Cryptic, its time to dumb down your game for 12 year olds. They can't seem to follow instructions.

95% of all statistics stated by nachofoot is pulled out of his rear.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
    edited June 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    THIS!!! You <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about PUGS, yet no one will teach anyone..

"LF1M Epic Spider, EXP ONLY, 11k+GS ONLY"
    "LFG Karru, EXP ONLY, 10k+ GS ONLY!!"

These are examples of how people ask for party members, the rest get pug'd .... how are the "rest" suppose to learn, if the "ubers" cannot be bothered to show.

Then the "ubers" decided to moan.... Blah!

Start your own group in zone chat and don't ask for 11k GS if you don't like it / have it or don't like being carried . Also mention in this message that it will be a run for people that are still learning the dungeons and you'll get newbies to learn with .

I don't get why you so mad at the players that want to have normal groups without screw ups and first timers especially when it comes to the DD event .

Also Temple of the Spider is a tough gear check , so if one of the group is badly geared + don't know what to do you'll just waste your pots / kits and your time in there .
  • argonacargonac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While there should be content of varying difficulty for each player type, the company will most certainly focus on the MASSES that pay more than the few. Thus games tend to be stupidly easy these days, to attract masses of casual people.
    edited June 2013
    argonac wrote: »
    While there should be content of varying difficulty for each player type, the company will most certainly focus on the MASSES that pay more than the few. Thus games tend to be stupidly easy these days, to attract masses of casual people.

MMORPGs will always attract casual people and there is nothing wrong with this , what is wrong though are the developers that tend to cater to some forum angry kids that want to have BiS gear without any effort .
  • argonacargonac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    MMORPGs will always attract casual people and there is nothing wrong with this , what is wrong though are the developers that tend to cater to some forum angry kids that want to have BiS gear without any effort .

Well suppose it's 'wrong' for the people (like me) who want games to have difficult content, and bragging rights. I do understand it's cold business thinking though. There's more money in catering to casual players than hardcore ones.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think PUGs while leveling have a high failure rate. But at Cap i PUG everything including CN and rarely if ever wipe and so so few fails.

People just dont know their class and roll well enough leveling. They also dont have the feats powers and synergies.