test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

coalesent wards

panthro8panthro8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
just saw in chat in a few days these r supposed to b worth 200k ad anyone know y?
Post edited by panthro8 on

Comments

• Options
    pastajetotolikopastajetotoliko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah their prices jumped from 70K to 180k in only 1 month :/
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Because they are rare, can get only a CHANCE to get them once a week and are expensive shop item?
  • Options
    boboldbobold Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Because they are rare, can get only a CHANCE to get them once a week and are expensive shop item?

- But nothing about that has changed. Why are they doubling in value now?
  • Options
    ascensionusascensionus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    less people playing = less resources
    less resources = higher prices?
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That sucks. I sold mine for 90k a few weeks ago. Now I find out I could have gotten double that amount?

200k is enough to buy character slots for the archer class that is coming (eventually).

:(

Bummer.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bobold wrote: »

Because previously people were trivially able to 'obtain' high end enchants through nefariousness means, whereas now you actually need to get the enchants and wards. (AFAIK of course - there are probably a few exploits running along still quite happily.....)
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Logging on daily, especially with multiple characters, is trivial, but doing it over a longer period of time requires an attention span that is longer a match against a premade.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    starlitenlstarlitenl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013

More people are level 60, thus more people are fusing shards and rank7+ enchants now, so more coalescent wards are needed.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Because other players still pay for it. If demand is higher then supply, prices go up.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

2 things.

First. More people are reaching 60 and are needing them. More people are using them instead of selling. And more people are buying them. Higher demand = higher price.

Second. About the week before launch the value of your AD dropped dramatically. It went from 270AD/Zen to 350AD/Zen. It took a bit for this increase to reach them, but now it takes a bit more AD to buy stuff.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Due to buying HotN and Guardian pack I have 6 char slots, I have gotten them all to level 11 and then pray everyday with them, every 7 days I get 6 chances to get a blue ward, on average I get 1-2 a week.

Would be a nightmare if I didn't have all these alts trying to get enough of these silly wards that cost so much. I guess you could make loads of free accounts and do it that way, but you still need a friend you can trust to help transfer them over to your main... :(
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    I get 6 chances to get a blue ward, on average I get 1-2 a week.

I think you might have been fairly lucky as 16-33% seems quite high. From what I have seen chances of a blue ward are closer to 10%. Still perhaps I have just been unlucky :(
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have 2 characters, have prayed every day for two months and not had a single blue ward out of any of the weekly boxes. Done with it now.