test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The devs said its not pay to win? yeah right

shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Pimped out enchantments- greater tenebrous, soulforge, wep enchantments makes your items, each costs mils of ad. All these can be simply be bought overnight. Using these,

TRs going around 2-3 shotting people.
Gfs 1-2 shotting people.
GWFs pretty much indestrubtible.
DCs taking out 3/4 of your hp in 1 hit.

Dont kid yourself if you think this isnt P2W devs.
Post edited by shajib1234 on

Comments

• krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shajib1234 wrote: »
    Pimped out enchantments- greater tenebrous, soulforge, wep enchantments makes your items, each costs mils of ad. All these can be simply be bought overnight. Using these,

Gfs 1-2 shotting people.

It's not really pay to win, its pay to get you there faster..

You can get enchants, it will just take you longer than those spending cash.

Oh are you expecting things to be fair? If you are then you shouldn't play cash shop games because every single one of them is imbalanced because of this ability to buy your way through content.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Gfs 1-2 shotting people.

Do you even know what Pay 2 Win means ? Let me explain it to you. Pay 2 Win is when you are doing content and no matter how hard you try you and your team can't down this boss cause of gear. So in order to beat the boss you buy a Sword of the Apocalypse from the cash shop for 50bucks. Now you can clear the content. That is Pay 2 Win.

Basically mean you had to buy that item in order to play the game successfully. There is nothing in this game that is that challenging that you have to pay for anything. All items are farmable. All things are attainable. All content is downable.

Its really pay for convenience. All the items are not needed but you can get them quicker if you want. So get your facts straight. This game isn't pay 2 win. I doubt they could ever make it that hard for it to be.
  • laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do you even know what Pay 2 Win means ? Let me explain it to you. Pay 2 Win is when you are doing content and no matter how hard you try you and your team can't down this boss cause of gear. So in order to beat the boss you buy a Sword of the Apocalypse from the cash shop for 50bucks. Now you can clear the content. That is Pay 2 Win.

Basically mean you had to buy that item in order to play the game successfully. There is nothing in this game that is that challenging that you have to pay for anything. All items are farmable. All things are attainable. All content is downable.

Its really pay for convenience. All the items are not needed but you can get them quicker if you want. So get your facts straight. This game isn't pay 2 win. I doubt they could ever make it that hard for it to be.

Most people in Lemonade Stand haven't spent any money on this game for p2w reasons. I got the founder's pack and that's it. Not like you need to pay money to get the best gear.
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ^ Like they said. It's easy to hate the people who are completely geared up. But let's face it...chances are they've helped the support the game much more than people who complain in forums that they aren't getting enough free stuff, from an already free game.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lol this is the same guy crying about the queue system because in 3 queue attempts it gave him a 1 tank 1 cleric and 3 dps setup every time. But since it was spellplague, the queue system is broke because none of the dps were CW's.

So much QQ.. i'll pay for a crying emoticon if they offer it in the cash shop :(
  • shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Ok let me put it into perspective. There is "0%" chance for a gf to beat a rogue/wiz/gwf with just some knowledge of playing their class, when the gf dosent have those enchantments and the others do.

Pay to win also considers the time and effort required in beating something. As it stands now, each greater enchantment being worth mils of ad, and considering the vast amount of advantage it gives to one who has it against one who dosent does in fact highlight how much of pay to win system it is.

Still cant get it?

Consider the following scenario. A regular player requiring months to get just the enchantments for now, while another guy gets everything overnight.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Gfs 1-2 shotting people.

Everything you need is in the AH , start farming every day and you'll have everything . Next thing you know you'll be here 3 weeks later complaining about Premades vs PuGs in PvP .

A great option for you right now would be to calm down and grow a pair .
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Everything you need is in the AH , start farming every day and you'll have everything . Next thing you know you'll be here 3 weeks later complaining about Premades vs PuGs in PvP .

A great option for you right now would be to calm down and grow a pair .

Pretty much this. Not gonna lie, I was in a big rush when I first started playing a dropped a good bit of cash on various trinkets to get me started. My brother hasn't spent a dime. We're in the same place, running the same dungeons, with the same gear score now. Except I spent money and he didn't. I got there a few days earlier.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    laudon1 wrote: »
    Most people in Lemonade Stand haven't spent any money on this game for p2w reasons. I got the founder's pack and that's it. Not like you need to pay money to get the best gear.

I don't doubt it but then with the AH and duping exploits no one had to p2w yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    It's not really pay to win, its pay to get you there faster..

You can get enchants, it will just take you longer than those spending cash.

Oh are you expecting things to be fair? If you are then you shouldn't play cash shop games because every single one of them is imbalanced because of this ability to buy your way through content.

Define longer. Because speaking as someone who has only played since open beta theres no way i could have earned the ad required for 1 greater plaguefire or the blue wards required to see through the process from 'fragments'. Excluding the 7 celestial token random chest how else do you get blue wards other than paying 1000zen/
  • dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    l3l3l3l3 wrote: »
    Define longer. Because speaking as someone who has only played since open beta theres no way i could have earned the ad required for 1 greater plaguefire or the blue wards required to see through the process from 'fragments'. Excluding the 7 celestial token random chest how else do you get blue wards other than paying 1000zen/

Castle Never loots very high-priced item and can be glitched/exploited to make it T1 level dungeons difficulty. Sell loots, buy them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ok let me put it into perspective. There is "0%" chance for a gf to beat a rogue/wiz/gwf with just some knowledge of playing their class, when the gf dosent have those enchantments and the others do.

Pay to win also considers the time and effort required in beating something. As it stands now, each greater enchantment being worth mils of ad, and considering the vast amount of advantage it gives to one who has it against one who dosent does in fact highlight how much of pay to win system it is.

Still cant get it?

Consider the following scenario. A regular player requiring months to get just the enchantments for now, while another guy gets everything overnight.

I am a GF I run 0 Greater Tene's cause I am not bad. I choose not to use a bugged enchant and I do perfectly fine vs any class thankyou :)

Just my opinion but I don't care for the bugged Tene. I still don't get what exactly you are complaining about?

What do you want. ?

A player should enjoy this game. Its tons of fun. You don't have to spend any money to enjoy or be good at it. No matter how you say it. This game isn't pay 2 win.

Not only that. Players that drop 50bucks + are showing love and support for the game. The game is free 2 play. So spend 50bucks that's what a game cost anyways. /phew people I swear.
  • temjiutemjiu Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't even see why people still buy into the f2p myth anyways. no game is f2p...the companies NEED to make money to survive and make more games. the current trend in f2p (if you hadn't noticed most games are doing this model now) is due to the fact that they can make MORE money on f2p model then a sub model. So...they are expecting people to overall pay more in this model.

But invariably you get someone who refuses to pay squat, but insists that they should really get everything for free, in the same time....which is simply silly in a market driven economy. you can still get everything in the game, it just takes more time. It is not p2w...its p2get-there-sooner. so if having bugged enchants (which they will probably eventually fix) sooner then everyone else is important to you, then fork over the cash bro. funny thing is...they will eventually have those too, and your out X dollars...and their not. because its not really p2w. It really sounds more like your just angry that you chose to PvP in a broken PvP system.

Even the idea of trying to balance PvP in an environment like this is silly. i can't believe that Dev's still think they can balance PvP and PvE in the same game and have it work. f2p model makes it even worse. that's the issue....not the f2p model. it's them trying to convince the MMO community that they could do both, when no other company really could. it's like trying to re-invent the square wheel...they should accept the reality that it simply wont work.
  • mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    At the start of open beta i payed them 60 euro.
    For a mount bag/bank space and extra character slots.
    Because i felt they deserved it for making a good game.

Nothing of those buys made my character stronger.

But everythime they give me content i really like,
    i will probably spend some cash again on stuff i dont really need.
    Just to support them.
  • dcoy1dcoy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OP should just save your breath. They know its P2W, they want it that way. But the devs and the players want to deny it to act like they are something they aren't. Once a company wises up and makes games worth a sub we can leave the P2W games to those who have no skill.
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's F2P, of course it's P2W. Thought everyone knew that. :confused:
  • johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i didnt even spend a penny , yet i was able to get 12k GS
  • bluestone007bluestone007 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Gfs 1-2 shotting people.

YEs it is pay to win and It is Not Pay to get you there faster. Tenebrous Enchants can only be gotten from lock boxes that require keys that someone MUST pay real money in order to get. Even if you spend farmed AD for tenebrous enchants or keys that is still pay to win because you are getting items that can only be aquired through real money.

The same goes for crafting you cannot get any Green or higher worker without paying real money for them. So yo ucan pay to be a crafting goon so you can exploit the game market with crafted goods. I would just want to be able to make my own epic shirts and pants without spending real money to be able to do so but this is impossible.
  • jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As long as it takes months/years to get to the point of being on par with someone that dished out cash in one day.. .Its pay to win folks.

This is the reason I started sticking to lower lvl PVP on alts. You run into bots, but you do not run into people that dumped a pile of AD into tricked out enchants, etc.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."