test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For everyone with 10k + GS, what are you putting in your defense enchant slots?

vadriel45vadriel45 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
For everyone with 10k + GS, what are you putting in your defense enchant slots? Defense and HP seem like the logical choices, but the HP gain just seems so marginal.
Post edited by vadriel45 on

Comments

• bawzdeepbawzdeep Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I use Defense due to it always being active.
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    life steal
  • drclawisdeaddrclawisdead Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I use life steal and also run speed in utility slots.
  • chronosdkchronosdk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same for me, Dark Enchantments in all slot types.
  • harplesharples Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    Deflection
  • iwrestlebearziwrestlebearz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bawzdeep wrote: »
    I use Defense due to it always being active.

+1, doing this as well.
  • willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    Life Steal. 11% LS seems to be a good number for me. Helps in dungeons with weaker healers, and the stray missed dodge in AOEs, and is great for solo foundries and never using a potion. LS is like having more hitpoints, but better. This is for PVE.
  • thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've got +hp in my defense slots atm, but only because I used all my dark enchants on my utility slots. Planning on swapping in life steal at some point.
  • creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    harples wrote: »
    Deflection

this for me too
  • meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Defense so you can survive 1 shots if u misstep, or knowingly eat a near 1 shot in the middle of your flurry to keep bleeds going.
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I went with Radiant enchants (+HP) up until I reached 24k HP. Then I went with Azure for Defense.

Even sitting at 24k+ HP and 23% Damage Reduction, I still get 1-shot from time to time by the big dudes in Spellplague, by Phase Spiders, and by certain bosses if I'm not careful. However, having more HP and Defense certainly reduces the chances of getting 1-shot and also gives you time to use a defensive Encounter if you get caught or if you rubberband / lag.

Deflection can be good, but you'll never be able to get as much Deflection as GWFs or GFs to be reliable enough over HP and Defense, so IMO it's pointless to stack it. Lifesteal is good too, but I already have 7.6% LS without even trying to gear for it. It's good enough to heal myself + pots in most situations. In fact, I usually come in 2nd in healing done, behind Clerics on most dungeon runs. To me, there's no need to stack Lifesteal either.
  • creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I went with Radiant enchants (+HP) up until I reached 24k HP. Then I went with Azure for Defense.

Even sitting at 24k+ HP and 23% Damage Reduction, I still get 1-shot from time to time by the big dudes in Spellplague, by Phase Spiders, and by certain bosses if I'm not careful. However, having more HP and Defense certainly reduces the chances of getting 1-shot and also gives you time to use a defensive Encounter if you get caught or if you rubberband / lag.

Deflection can be good, but you'll never be able to get as much Deflection as GWFs or GFs to be reliable enough over HP and Defense, so IMO it's pointless to stack it. Lifesteal is good too, but I already have 7.6% LS without even trying to gear for it. It's good enough to heal myself + pots in most situations. In fact, I usually come in 2nd in healing done, behind Clerics on most dungeon runs. To me, there's no need to stack Lifesteal either.

what values of deflection can GFs and GWFs get that a TR cant. I'm currently sitting on 40% deflection, would find it really difficult to believe that a GF and GWF can stack way more than that if they go for it. Also, those classes only deflect 50% of incoming damage while a TR can deflect 75%.....seems worth it imo, but only with really high values
  • fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +HP.

Most insta-gibs are Necrotic Damage, which ignores Defence.

At 25.7k, I haven't noticed a gib in ages.

I'd like to hit 26k to be totally safe on Xivros.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte