test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

so.. when performance will be increased?

pr0motepr0mote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
just asking when the devs will work on that, playing on system that is much better than recommended requirements and my fps sucks hard in LOW details while other games with much higher requirements run flawless in atleast medium.
Post edited by pr0mote on

Comments

• Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Most people go in denial about their computers, if your computer is good, you can run NW flawless if its not.. its simple. The computer min. specs posted on every game are mainly so you can start the launcher and see the game you cant expect the game to run perfect if you are still on lets say.. win xp with 2gb of ram...AND an integrated video card that could suppport 256 mb( integrated).
    And this game is not even PC heavy, broadband wise, if you have a 300kb connection u can run it fine, i tested while i was downloading a torrent and keep increasing the torrent BB usage, and with 300 kb wich means a simple 30kb DL speed, u can run neverwinter and get no server lag, less than 30 kb dl speed game start sttutering.

I get no FPS loss. no lag when am on enclave or a good fight with lots of special effects.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    srazy wrote: »
    Most people go in denial about their computers, if your computer is good, you can run NW flawless if its not.. its simple. The computer min. specs posted on every game are mainly so you can start the launcher and see the game you cant expect the game to run perfect if you are still on lets say.. win xp with 2gb of ram...AND an integrated video card that could suppport 256 mb( integrated).
    And this game is not even PC heavy, broadband wise, if you have a 300kb connection u can run it fine, i tested while i was downloading a torrent and keep increasing the torrent BB usage, and with 300 kb wich means a simple 30kb DL speed, u can run neverwinter and get no server lag, less than 30 kb dl speed game start sttutering.

I get no FPS loss. no lag when am on enclave or a good fight with lots of special effects.

not even a 1 year old pc is too old for game that doesnt even require as much as new tomb raider that run flawless for me :D
    and if u dont believe me heres my config and speed test:

Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_rtm.120725-1247)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2790478593.png
  • Options
    czarkazmczarkazm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pr0mote wrote: »
    not even a 1 year old pc is too old for game that doesnt even require as much as new tomb raider that run flawless for me :D

There are plenty of 1 year old PC's that are complete garbage. Just sayin.
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    czarkazm wrote: »
    There are plenty of 1 year old PC's that are complete garbage. Just sayin.

BOOM!
    Its true, unless you go out and buy the pieces yourself and make/build your own rigg, you will always have a sub standard pc and you will pay much more also, for the fee you are giving a retailer to give you an already premade rigg, you could have added an extra HD or RAM, average 20 inch monitor, and sometimes even a brand new videocard.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    and btw. dont defend pw or cryptic, just look in the support forums: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352

also i could play normally on 'looks good' graphics in the first 1-2 weeks after beta came out, after that im bound to doing everything in game with LOW-LOW
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My computer is several years old. If I recall correctly, I put the settings at maximum. I am having no issues.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    My computer is several years old. If I recall correctly, I put the settings at maximum. I am having no issues.

lucky you! :(
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Where are you and are drivers up to date? Ping NW too..I bet thats the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You may want to consider a clean install of the game. Sometimes corrupted files within the game give the impression of lag. I've noticed this is wont to happen after a major patch. It was just a snafu during the download itself. Erase EVERYTHING and download again completely fresh. It might help. Your system sounds around the same as mine, and I have no problems running mine on max. settings. And I KNOW that I am having computer problems that are slowing my rig down from its' max performance. So your's should, theoretically, work fine. Although, your Ram is a bit sparse and you didn't give details on your internet connection. Low Ram could, possibly, be to blame if you are running a LOT of background programs. A poor internet connection is also possible. In addition, check to see if you are running through one of the Proxy Servers. If you are (and shouldn't be) then you could experience severe lag. Also, make sure you disable On Demand Patching.
    Hope this helps.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    pr0mote wrote: »
    just asking when the devs will work on that, playing on system that is much better than recommended requirements and my fps sucks hard in LOW details while other games with much higher requirements run flawless in atleast medium.

1) Quit downloading the prawn.
    2) My budget computer that's running on 5+ year old technology runs Neverwinter just fine with no FPS issues.
    3) Perform maintenance on your PC, sounds like you might have a ton of bloatware/malware/etc.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Performance improvements are made after every patch.
    People just don't rush to talk about their performance issues being resolved. People tend to post when something goes wrong but they rarely post when matters are resolved. :p

Also there are a lot of people who buy computers and don't know what they are looking for...
    And when they go to shops that "sell computers" they really don't try to point out that something might not be what you are looking for. The industry naming conventions don't help either!

I can't begin to tell you how many times friends and co-workers of mine who were looking to get a computer would come up to me with some deal out of the catalog and ask if it was a good deal. 9/10 times I would tell them it was utter trash made to sound better than it is.

I'll try to keep this short rather than bore you with jargan. Here's two things stores don't assist computer shoppers with:
    1) They don't tell you what graphics card the computer runs
    -Chances are if they don't it integrated graphics which even though they are improving are still a horrid system which will likely be able to handle low graphics...and still be slow
    -They don't check to see if you will be doing anything graphics heavy before you purchase a cheap computer

2) They don't inform you that the number values have been useless since Pentium 4. A 2Gb Cache Graphics Card from five years ago isn't anywhere near as good as a 1 Gb Cache Graphics card from last year. A 2.7 Ghz 6 core processor is better than a 3.3 Ghz Core2Duo.

The best thing you can ever do when buying a computer is drag somebody who knows what to look for before buying a computer. If you see a computer that looks awesome for $300 then chances are it's actually scrap metal for anything beyond browsing the web or typing documents. A bare minimum game Graphics Card will cost you roughly a hundred dollars alone.

Best thing you can do is post your computer specs and we can see exactly what type of computer you are running. If you are judging computer quality based on age, though, it really is a red flag for those of us with computer experience that you likely have a store bought and underpowered computer. :(
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    that's a mid-range gaming laptop, nothing to write home about for sure, especially compared to a desktop system. NWO is very cpu-bound and yours is just "ok".

I have 2 pcs I run NWO on.
    one is a 4-5 yr old Core2Duo 3.0Ghz - single threaded (2 cores) with a Geforce 275 GTX, about 3 yrs old I guess. this one runs NWO on high (not max) settings at 1280x1024 (non wide) at 50-60fps pretty much anywhere outside of Protector's, which has, let's just say "performance issues".

my other pc is an i7 950 - 3.2Ghz (max), this is a quad core with HT (8 virtual cores) and a new Geforce 650 Ti - this baby runs NWO on max-max settings 1920x1200 wide at 60+fps everywhere except Enclave where I can just barely get it to dip under 60hz, like say during the beta invasion event. this computer isn't really anywhere near high-end (cpu is 2-3 yrs old? video card is new but far from high end, and not SLI etc..)

NWO really isn't that demanding, you're trying to play it on a mid-range gaming laptop (being generous), got to expect mid-range performance.
  • Options
    kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OP is right, NW mismanages resources pretty badly in some systems, including mine. Basically what happens is that in 5- man DDs or Enclave FPS will drop to 5 or less, especially during battle, than climb back up. Having max or min video settings makes no difference.

IMHO, this is due to NW doing a CPU bottle-necking and little or no GPU usage. In my case CPU usage never climbs above 50% and GPU usage is super sporadic, languishing at 0%, then "spiking" to 60% or so during FPS loss. Its as if NW is deliberately trying to use a non-existent on-board graphics card instead of the dedicated one.

Tech "support" forums are filled with people with this issue. Here's the link http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=19551 to people's dxdiag that have this issue, mine is post #55 on page 6.

I've tried every single suggestion in those forums including, but not limited to, full game re-install, run as admin, compatibility mode, all driver updates etc. If you take the time to review the systems in the above thread you'll see that this is a Cryptic issue that they need to fix with their game, lets not pretend otherwise.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kaerthus wrote: »
    OP is right, NW mismanages resources pretty badly in some systems, including mine. Basically what happens is that in 5- man DDs or Enclave FPS will drop to 5 or less, especially during battle, than climb back up. Having max or min video settings makes no difference.

IMHO, this is due to NW doing a CPU bottle-necking and little or no GPU usage. In my case CPU usage never climbs above 50% and GPU usage is super sporadic, languishing at 0%, then "spiking" to 60% or so during FPS loss. Its as if NW is deliberately trying to use a non-existent on-board graphics card instead of the dedicated one.

Tech "support" forums are filled with people with this issue. Here's the link http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=19551 to people's dxdiag that have this issue, mine is post #55 on page 6.

I've tried every single suggestion in those forums including, but not limited to, full game re-install, run as admin, compatibility mode, all driver updates etc. If you take the time to review the systems in the above thread you'll see that this is a Cryptic issue that they need to fix with their game, lets not pretend otherwise.

no1 pay attention to this topic, posted around week ago in here, nothing only other players complaints =]
  • Options
    mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Greetings,

I was in the epic dungeon spellplague caverns last night and our control wizard would use his ice spell to slow/stun mobs but, it would start to lag my system in some areas. There are 2 or 3 drop off points that you take a glowing light down to reach the bottom (ususaly before a boss). If I was faceing the drop off point along with the wizard casting, my fps would go from 40fps to 3-5 fps. This slow framerate happend about 5 times durring our dungeon run. Please let me know if you need any information to get this framerate bug fixed. (cryptic devs)

Every other high end graphic game I play works smoothly. (batman arkum, latest tombraider, metro last night, etc.. ) I'll list my specs below.

Intell I7-960 black 3.2 ghz
    Gigabite 58x ud3r (rev 2.0) latest bios
    6 gb corsair vengence @ 1600 mhz
    2 SLI Nvidia 580's with latest drivers
    2 SSD (180gb , 60gb)
    1 HD (2tb , WD 7500 rpm)
    Windows 7 professional (latest patches)
    Resolution 1920X1080 windowed mode running Direct X 9 neverwinter

Tombraider 2013 benchmark is avg 60 fps at 1920x1080 , not sure why neverwinter would kill my FPS if I get good framerates in higher end graphic games. And NO its not my system laging because of malware, viruses, fragmented drive, etc... so no trolls plz.

Thanks
    WOLF