test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter needs to take a Page out of Shadow of the Colossus

zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Lets face it the adds in the game are wearing me down. I dont even want to play Dungeons unless it is with guildies that I know will make it go smoothly and know how to avoid all the adds.

Neverwinter needs to take a serious look at boss fights and work around an add free dungeon.

Give us a Castle Never level dungeon with no adds at all and nothing but Boss fight to Boss fight. Where the boss fights themselves will challenge a group of players alone.

As reference think Shadow of the colossus. The bosses dont need to be so huge that you have to climb all over them. But one of those would be really cool. But each boss needs it's own specific strategy to beat. There are enough monsters In D&D that are meant to chalalenge a party of adventures alone. and these fights will be alot more interesting if players did not feel like they could solo that boss as long as it did not have any adds.

For monsters that require a team strategy to beat think, Dragons, Beholders, Pheonix, Bullette, Tarrasque, Hydra (Its extra heads could be like adds), Chimera, Colossus, Marrilith Tanari, Titan, Lich (With many preestgablished magical wards the party must bypass to destroy it), Orcus.

There are so many options out there for new unique D&D type battles that dont need adds to be a challange.
Post edited by zardoz007 on

Comments

• o0spoonman0oo0spoonman0o Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Dungeons with 0 trash feels kinda lazy and weak. The problem with the dungeons and adds in this game is they're pretty much all the same boring thing over and over again. The strategy to win most encounters is the same.
  • okymaokyma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    He means no trashs on bosses. So no adds.
    All bosses now are nearly same strategy : a Boss, regular "small" add wave and 1 or 2 big add wave.
    It can be a hard fight yes. but, all fight are similar. Some fight only with boss but with a good move to make at some times, some special mechanics (use chains to lock him for example) would be nice.
  • miorummiorum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree to an extent; I would like to see an encounter that's genuinely difficult without a stream of adds -- or an add 'phase'.

The last boss of Lair Of The Mad Dragon is a good boss; but the environment should be dangerous - instead of it summoning imps every half a second. (a Dragon Raid boss in WoW:WotLK, sorry for the comparison, was built around positioning rather than add + add + add + add). There's no reason to have every single boss-encounter ending with us heroes dealing with adds after the Boss is dead. They should flee before our united might. Etc.
  • mrsmonmrsmon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    karrundax is a pretty cool boss fight (probably the coolest) because he starts off with couple dragons to kill and then comes in to attack you. then when the hp drops enough he flys away and more dragons show up. like isnt that sweet!?!?!?!?!?!? the immersions, i cant hold them all. but yea fights should have some kind of difficulty to them without facerolling every attack