test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF is amazing, doesn't deserve bad rep

levander2levander2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
The GWF is so good after the patch. Unstoppable makes you a viable tank now. PvP is too easy now because you can heal non stop, stunlock people and survive 1v2 and even 1v3 fights pretty easily. During epic dungeon runs I easily top DPS by going aoe for trash clearing and single target for bosses with little adds or what not.

I don't know why we have such a bad rep but things are turning around fast. I think its more a matter of people figuring the class out. I know I'm having a blast with it!
Post edited by levander2 on

Comments

• elpaleniozord01elpaleniozord01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sentinel speced GWFs are virtually unkillable in PvP right now, while still doing similar damage as other specs do, its overpowered as hell and i doubt anyone would disagree.

In PvE on the other hand we surely deserve bad rep because we are next to useless. Topping dps doesnt mean anything, if u have to kill mobs youre slowing yourself and your party anyway(as skipping/droping adds into abyss is much faster). Our single target dps is a joke in comparison to TRs and GWF is inferior to any other class to the point where its better to bring 2 characters of the same class if you dont want to gimp your group.
  • bael90bael90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what is the best build for the GWF?
  • elpaleniozord01elpaleniozord01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sentinel, with maxed HP and stacked greater tenebrous enchantments
  • imobiusimobius Member Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Bad rep comes in different forms.
    Previously GWFs are useless in PvP, now GWFs are overepowered in PvP. Atleast Sentinel.

PvE wise, they're still lackluster in all specs.
    Sentinel may be a better mitigation tank, but they have problems with threat control.
    Instigator/Destroyer may show big numbers on large AoE, but those only come up for trash, wich is rather irrelevant.
    On boss fights there may be plenty of add spawns, but they're more often than not spread out, making their strenght into a weakness.
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    GWF deserves bad rep cause same gear TR does more single target dps and same gear CW does better AOE control. KILLING TRASH IS NOT NEEDED, get it into ur stubborn head.. embrace it.. deal with it.. go do sentinel pvp.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    imobius wrote: »
    Bad rep comes in different forms.
    Previously GWFs are useless in PvP, now GWFs are overepowered in PvP. Atleast Sentinel.

PvE wise, they're still lackluster in all specs.
    Sentinel may be a better mitigation tank, but they have problems with threat control.
    Instigator/Destroyer may show big numbers on large AoE, but those only come up for trash, wich is rather irrelevant.
    On boss fights there may be plenty of add spawns, but they're more often than not spread out, making their strenght into a weakness.

They definitely weren't useless before patch, Knock down, Prone, Heal, Daily Repeat defend off an obelisk. but after patch you can really see an improvement and even the bad GWFs can look good now and yet they're almost un killable, GFs top us I think.. they just knock you down non stop not even letting you hit Unstoppable.

As for PvE Great AoE...lack of Single still, I just respeced for the 5th time, from a Sent to a Destroyer and saw a tremendous rise up in my DMG in a T2 Dungeon.

I think they would serve great as Tanks if we had Threat..just heal from being hit non stop, CC immunity.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You top DPS charts as sentinel? Haha okay.
  • phraqphraq Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They definitely weren't useless before patch, Knock down, Prone, Heal, Daily Repeat defend off an obelisk. but after patch you can really see an improvement and even the bad GWFs can look good now and yet they're almost un killable, GFs top us I think.. they just knock you down non stop not even letting you hit Unstoppable.

As for PvE Great AoE...lack of Single still, I just respeced for the 5th time, from a Sent to a Destroyer and saw a tremendous rise up in my DMG in a T2 Dungeon.

I think they would serve great as Tanks if we had Threat..just heal from being hit non stop, CC immunity.

Correct me if I am wrong arent the GWF pve roll to OT the aoe adds, which in that case I think we do pretty well for single target you got the rogues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Umm no. While on paper it might seem nice, tanking/dpsing adds is basically pointless. CWs have not only much easier time handling adds, they got more tools to do so and its safer. GWF tanking adds is unreliable, it IS doable but far from optimal.
  • realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    people still pvp? i'd been capped probably since first week of open beta.
    edited June 2013
    people still pvp? i'd been capped probably since first week of open beta.

how can u get tired of killing ppl? O.O best entertainment is to kill someone.

• levander2levander2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    Umm no. While on paper it might seem nice, tanking/dpsing adds is basically pointless. CWs have not only much easier time handling adds, they got more tools to do so and its safer. GWF tanking adds is unreliable, it IS doable but far from optimal.

I think that's the wrong way of seeing it. GWF does tank pretty well IF you build correctly. You can use Come and Get It to pull adds off the squishies and dps them down. I think it's a lot more productive and fun if you try to find the positives in your class and try to capitalize on them. It'll make this game a lot more enjoyable IMO.
  • deotaydeotay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    levander2 wrote: »
    I think that's the wrong way of seeing it. GWF does tank pretty well IF you build correctly. You can use Come and Get It to pull adds off the squishies and dps them down. I think it's a lot more productive and fun if you try to find the positives in your class and try to capitalize on them. It'll make this game a lot more enjoyable IMO.

Thinking positively doesn't work when the rest of the classes think poorly of you (kicking you from groups) and especially when you're unreliable to the team as a class. I'm assuming you haven't tried T2 content and if you have, then you must have had nice groups willing to put up with a sub-optimal performance. Even if you have a "right way of seeing it" other people will not because they could be having an infinitely easier time without a GWF.
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With my Destroyer GWF, I outlive full tank GFs in T2 dungeons.

GWF needs a little bit more work, but he's not quite as bad as he used to be.
    edited June 2013
    GWF is ok in dungeons. I run my own constant group. Usually on par with TR damage wise by end of the dungeon. BUT having another cw\tr would make dungeon runs faster\easier. They need to respec us into heavy single target striker cause trash AOE is not rly needed.

• zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a GWF I got invited to a Guild party for CN today and the was instant kicked.... By the guild leader himself who was making the party and he told me we dont need in GWF in CN.

THIS IS THE 5TH GUILD I HAVE LEFT FOR THIS REASON!.
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm still getting instakicked from DD runs. 10.6k GS, done Karrundax several times and a group with one of each class decides they want to swap out the lone GWF for another duplicate.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • veleriawhitewolfveleriawhitewolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    So I am a GWF sentinel with 13.8k gs. Got kicked today because the group thought they were getting a GF and they didnt think a GWF was tough enough. Found another group for Karrundrux and on the final fight everyone died to AOE in the first half of the fight except myself and the cleric. The two of us then finished Karrudrux for the last 50% with me tanking the adds and killing the boss. We certainly are tough enough, groups need to get their heads out of their collective asses. We could use a small boost in aggro but overall the class is very strong once you know what you are doing. The main thing is people are exploiting most dungeons so no class can do it's thing properly. That is where the misconceptions come from. If cryptic can fix the zones so people actually need to learn to play and can't skip 3/4 of the content then we will find our place.
  • th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think GWF can be better then the regular rogue if they know how to play the class however, I do not like to party with another GWF simply because I don't want to share the loots.
  • levander2levander2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    So I am a GWF sentinel with 13.8k gs. Got kicked today because the group thought they were getting a GF and they didnt think a GWF was tough enough. Found another group for Karrundrux and on the final fight everyone died to AOE in the first half of the fight except myself and the cleric. The two of us then finished Karrudrux for the last 50% with me tanking the adds and killing the boss. We certainly are tough enough, groups need to get their heads out of their collective asses. We could use a small boost in aggro but overall the class is very strong once you know what you are doing. The main thing is people are exploiting most dungeons so no class can do it's thing properly. That is where the misconceptions come from. If cryptic can fix the zones so people actually need to learn to play and can't skip 3/4 of the content then we will find our place.

Exactly the way I see it! The reason they want two CW is because they have "crowd control". And by crowd control I mean lift things up and push them off the ledge. It's stupid and makes us pretty worthless. What's the point of having a good add tanker/aoe DPs when we can just lift everything up and throw it off. Hope they fix it the content and maybe give us a slight threat/DPS buff.
  • veleriawhitewolfveleriawhitewolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    th0rfinn wrote: »
    I think GWF can be better then the regular rogue if they know how to play the class however, I do not like to party with another GWF simply because I don't want to share the loots.

Some of the best groups I have run are with 2 or 3 GWF our damage stacks exponentially like other dual CW and Dual Rogue groups thing go super fast. In the mean time good luck on your loot I guess.