test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF Feats and Sentinel paragon feats (bugged)?

wesley1985nlwesley1985nl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Armor Specialization Feat doesn't give me any defense
Constitution Focus Doesnt increase anything

And Sentine's Aegis doesn't increase my defense

Why are so many things bugged now i need to buy another free respec wtf..
Post edited by wesley1985nl on

Comments

• Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Probably because those feats don't increase defense.
  • Options
    elpaleniozord01elpaleniozord01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Both feats increase EFFECTIVENESS of defense stat, NOT AMOUNT of it.
  • Options
    wesley1985nlwesley1985nl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so what does the effectiveness do? increase dmg resist percentage i guess?
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the do work what they do is add to the percent your gear grants if u have 1000 it calculates it like 1200 if u have sentinel, i went sentinel i kinda wish i went destroyer though heh
  • Options
    templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As above, they work cause I respecd from a Sent to Destroyer and thought I'd check it out, they provide very very little bonuses..not even worth wasting points in them Imo.
    Sent with those on

SENT

Damage Resist 37.8%
    Deflect 28.3%
    (running Bravery with +15%
    Protection 3,361
    Defense 25.9%
    Power 145

HP 26,519
    Ac 34 -12% Dmg
    AP 3.5%

DESTROYER

Damage Resist 35.4%
    Deflect 8.8% (not running Bravery for +15%)
    Protection 2,751
    Defense 25.9%
    Power 145

HP 23,240
    Ac 29 -9.5% Dmg
    AP 9.6%

When I was on Sent, I got everything with Con with Defense. now in Destroyer I skipped all the Con boost and only have 2/3 in Armor Specialization for +10%
  • Options
    charvildcharvild Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually armor spec and sentinel aegis does NOT change anything in your character sheet, so i did some test on the preview shard.
    Against a undead fighter, with and without armor specialization (+15% effectiveness def and CA) and sentinel aegis (+20% effectiveness def).

image.png

image.png

image.png

I don't have time to made the calcul but the difference is there.
  • Options
    elpaleniozord01elpaleniozord01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You didnt post how much def you actually have, those feats are there to help tank speced players to deal with diminishing returns of stat stacking. So, the more def you have the more useful those feats get.
  • Options
    templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You didnt post how much def you actually have, those feats are there to help tank speced players to deal with diminishing returns of stat stacking. So, the more def you have the more useful those feats get.

Ya, I guess those really pay off if you were to get a Tanking set and get really high Defense and such, but if you're not Sent traited and don't have much Defense then don't bother putting any points into those specs.