test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

this game needs more pvp maps desperately

quseioquseio Member Posts: 43
edited March 2015 in PvP Discussion
at least one of each tileset. and why cant we make pvp maps int he foundry ? it would be fun to add lil rules like instead of comeing back from death viA REVIVE you turn into a zombie or ok a lich or mummy if you dnd pureists must gripe about zombies r weakest of the weak.

if you eat someones brains you get revived make it a brawl all against all

i want a map with lava i can throw em in or off a cliff just 2 maps and gaunt is soo boreing and i dislike rivenscar
Post edited by quseio on

Comments

• wankwwankw Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Player made pvp maps in foundry is a good idea imo.
    The maps may looks like maze and pvp-players need to 'hunt down' their preys.
    These maps can be either pre-select by players or randomly-select by the game.
  • ctowersctowers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    make it so - 10v10 would be nice with 3 points!
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I did a search for new PvP maps and this is what I found.

It's been 1.5 years and still we only have Hotenow Domination and Rivenscar Ruins? PvP maps need a bit more loving.

Some ideas:

Variation of number of players
    - 10 vs 10 players
    - 3 vs 3 players
    - Round robin (tournament style) 1 vs 1 - perhaps have a round robin type tournament with competing players allowed to watch the matches as they progress until there is one winner (this could be painful with two pincushion DCs however, so have a timer at the end so the match will be judged on points i.e. paingiver, field medic etc). Once people are out of the tournament, they can leave without penalty if they don't want to continue watching.

Goals of PvP
    - Capture the ball - one player has the ball and has to run to the other end to score a goal; team with most goals wins. When a person has the ball they are revealed (hence no stealth), they run slower, cannot 'shift' (thus their team-mates have to protect them) but may pass the ball to another player
    - Last person standing (no rez) thus ends much quicker - either groups of 3 players per side, or free for all
    - Capture the flag and bring back to the base, like a 'fortress' where archers can stand as sentinels.
    - Fortress attack - one team guards the fortress, the other tries to bring it down with battering rams, catapults etc. This would be run on a timer, and each team would take turns on either side.
    - Protect the NPC (this could be a queen/king/cleric) but the other team would need to infiltrate the base and kill the NPC. Again, teams take turns, or each team has their own NPC.

Map variation
    - A little bit more options / variety. We would still queue as per normal but the map given will be rotated to a number of different types randomly.
    - Opening this up to the Foundry and having a 'map of the week' would also make things interesting. Maps would have to meet certain requirements (equal to both sides, no glitches/bugs). Maps on the queue list don't have to be permanent, to allow creativity and also to keep the maps 'new'.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR