test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP is even fun if you don't do damage!

allocaterallocater Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I am total defensive specd Guardian Fighter. I love playing tanks. Usually in PvE. But then I tried PvP and it's so much fun.

Here is what I do:

- I don't do damage
- I don't kill anybody

Instead I play tactics!

I run to an unchallenged enemy point and keep it under challenge to deny the enemy team the score increase.
- Now if 1 enemy comes to try to take it back, I just out-tank him for minutes! Every second I survive I denied the enemy score. And 1 vs 1, I can survive very long! Win for me! By surviving, I can contribute to the team success = awesome!
- Now if 2 enemies come, I know I will die. But I just try to hold on as long as possible, stuns, heals, blocks, try to delay my inevitable death, because while I keep 2 enemies on me, my team can conquer the rest of the map 4 vs 3. Every second a victory for me! Then if I finally die, I have 1 loss, the enemy has 1 kill, they maybe laughing at me, but I laugh last when the other 2 points are under my team control! Having fun by tactically dying = awesome!

* I am not 60 yet, so if lvl 60 pvp is just instant-dying I will quit the game, or re-roll an alt.
Post edited by allocater on

Comments

• healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Level 60 GF PvP is the same....except your killing powers go through the roof...provided you spend enough zen/AD.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    Level 60 GF PvP is the same....except your killing powers go through the roof...provided you spend enough zen/AD.
    Don't need to spend that much, you're still going to be a beast.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »

Hence why me said "enough" not "a ton."
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • archsteel1archsteel1 Member Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    Nope. Hardly anything about Neverwinter is fun because of the lack of a ranger class.
  • chizzahchizzah Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    allocater wrote: »
    I am total defensive specd Guardian Fighter. I love playing tanks. Usually in PvE. But then I tried PvP and it's so much fun.

Here is what I do:

- I don't do damage
    - I don't kill anybody

Instead I play tactics!

I run to an unchallenged enemy point and keep it under challenge to deny the enemy team the score increase.
    - Now if 1 enemy comes to try to take it back, I just out-tank him for minutes! Every second I survive I denied the enemy score. And 1 vs 1, I can survive very long! Win for me! By surviving, I can contribute to the team success = awesome!
    - Now if 2 enemies come, I know I will die. But I just try to hold on as long as possible, stuns, heals, blocks, try to delay my inevitable death, because while I keep 2 enemies on me, my team can conquer the rest of the map 4 vs 3. Every second a victory for me! Then if I finally die, I have 1 loss, the enemy has 1 kill, they maybe laughing at me, but I laugh last when the other 2 points are under my team control! Having fun by tactically dying = awesome!

* I am not 60 yet, so if lvl 60 pvp is just instant-dying I will quit the game, or re-roll an alt.

This guy knows what Team PvP is about. That's how you do it. Playing your role. I take my hat off to you friend. You are one of the greats. Now I just feel he should be rewarded for playing smart in terms of keeping score of his intelligent play so that everyone can see that's how it's done.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »

As long as you don't get into a sticky situation with a rogue(which is basically the anti-GF tool of choice) or have two CW's either side of you, you're good. Unfortunately, the last 4 PvP's I've played were against teams made up of only CW and TRs with the occasional GF. Maybe it's bad luck, but it sure isn't fun.

Must be even worse for clerics.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    As long as you don't get into a sticky situation with a rogue(which is basically the anti-GF tool of choice) or have two CW's either side of you, you're good. Unfortunately, the last 4 PvP's I've played were against teams made up of only CW and TRs with the occasional GF. Maybe it's bad luck, but it sure isn't fun.

as a cleric you get half the defense points on your equipment that a tank class gets, you get virtually no deflection (not the 40% that a tank class gets), what you do get however is everyone on the other team attacking you enmass from the onset while typically turning off your ability to cast anything at all for quite some time (usually not long if you consider you are typically dead quite fast)... you try to run, but half the time the bulk of the other team would rather chase you down for the kill statistic than fight an even fight against those remaining
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a TR I know that in PvP my fights are pretty fast weather I run up to a CW and take them by suprise or I run into a mob of enemies and die. Either way it's really fast, but from experience GFs are take the longest out of everyone to take down. When I fight a GF he/she usually will hold off and block for a very long time, but it's still half and half. With the time the GF bought by me trying so long to defeat him another player (usually a CW) walks on over and it usually gets pretty difficult at that point.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I honestly believe that CW's would work better against GF's. GF's are more like anti-rogues in my opinion. High raw survivability, decent to amazing damage output, and they can lock you in prone position as long as you don't have stealth on.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Here is what I do:

- I don't do damage
    - I don't kill anybody

Instead I play tactics!

Better get ready to quit because I can 1v1 a guardian with my rogue and take you out in less than a minute. The only way this slows me down is if an annoying cw shows up to try and get in on the action. No worries though, I just switch focus, take out the cw and go back to pounding on the guardian.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Here is what I do:

- I don't do damage
    - I don't kill anybody

Instead I play tactics!

Yea you do know team PvP. Just not how I play my GF. I like having 20 kills. regardless of what team wins at that point if I have 20 kills I always am the winner. Selfish yes. but I like to kill. Winning as a result of that is just bonus.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I honestly believe that CW's would work better against GF's. GF's are more like anti-rogues in my opinion. High raw survivability, decent to amazing damage output, and they can lock you in prone position as long as you don't have stealth on.

I assure you, rogues are my worst nightmare as a GF.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I assure you, rogues are my worst nightmare as a GF.

Seriously? Rogues and CW are GF bait! They're so squishy and very easy to get into a KD/Stun rotation.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
    edited June 2013
    Seriously? Rogues and CW are GF bait! They're so squishy and very easy to get into a KD/Stun rotation.

A single CW is GF bait, yes. A single TR who isn't really paying attention, yes. A TR who is paying attention normally stealths before I get into lunge range, from there they can dictate the fight. Of course, I could just be a terrible, terrible player.
  • wankwwankw Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After reading the above,
    Its seems CWs, GFs and TRs are pretty balance in pvp.
    Heavily depend on player skills.
    Thats healthy for the game I guess.
  • chizzahchizzah Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Man, I dont know what DCs are talking about. I met a few DCs I just couldn't get down at my best. Lately I'm at my worst though. My attack/healing stat is 4,577 and I'm level 56 TR. Yesterday all my encounters did 300-900 damage while criting. The occasional 1k-2k but never breaking 3k.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chizzah wrote: »
    Man, I dont know what DCs are talking about. I met a few DCs I just couldn't get down at my best. Lately I'm at my worst though. My attack/healing stat is 4,577 and I'm level 56 TR. Yesterday all my encounters did 300-900 damage while criting. The occasional 1k-2k but never breaking 3k.

wait until you reach level 60 when everything changes in PvP, level 59 play and under is relatively balanced between the classes... level 60 is completely different