test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need help for T2 Dungeon end fights

shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok guys i'm having problem figuring out some strategies in beating the end fights of T2 dungeons. I am a GF with 11.4k gs. Earlier on i tried frozen heart and pirate king dungeon. It was smoothe sailing until we reached the end fights and we were completely destroyed. My pirate king party was 2 gwf, 1 dc, 1 tr and myself. My frozen heart party was 2 cw, 1dc, 1 tr and me. If you guys know some good strategies in beating them do share them here. The diff between the 1st 2 bosses and the last one is huge.
Post edited by shajib1234 on

Comments

• Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Pirate King -

TR tanks boss roughly where he spawns.

GF aggros and kites the big adds around the ship.

GWF runs around killing archers to keep DC clean. You have to keep the archers cleared.

DC lays down circle of love for GWF/GF to run thru.

Easy fight.
  • Options
    crasharrcrasharr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not being the most knowledgeable player let me try and share what i know about the Boss fights.

First off:
    ALL boss fights are really add fights, meaning someone has to run around kiting or killing the adds. This is very true in FH where a good GF should try and run large circles around the boss picking up any and all adds and kiting them around. You have your main DPS focus their efforts on burning down the boss and for the love of god avoid the red zones on the floor. Have a secondary dps, mostly the poor GWF, run around killing any archers. The DC should ideally be placed on top of the long spike that domes over the boss area dropping his/her AS on the floor and shooting off heals while remaining out of reach of any of the adds. Yes you need to cheat! Not a fun fight, long drawn out frustrating fight that has a decent margin of luck determining the outcome but its doable.

For pirate, again its more of an add fight than a boss fight. And yet again you need to cheat. Place the cleric on top of the railing of the ship to the left just as you enter, out of reach of the melee adds. There are two ways to do this fight. If your DPS is capable enough you can just burn down everything at the DC's feet including the boss. Just aoe everything down, easy peasy. If your DPS is somewhat lacking there is the second option and that is to have the boss be located as far away from the group as possible and have your TR solo him while the rest of the party burns down the adds. The reason for this is that the boss will heal himself every now and again and the amount is dependent on the amount of adds close enough for him to life drain. The GF should ideally draw any adds away from the TR so he doesn't get into trouble and if possible burn down archers that are too far away from the main aoe group.

Thats those two fights, actually some of the easier T2 dungeons, maybe spell-plague is among those as the "easy" dungeons but its just hella long if you don't skip the content. Karrundax isn't that hard either. Epic spider is just undo-able atm if you run any sort of balanced group. Same goes for dreadvault. So basically yeah, end bosses are hard but its the adds and for me they have completely ruined my enjoyment of this game. Hope you fair better and wish you all the luck in your efforts clearing those caves.

p.s.
    Yes i know i will get flamed and trolled about other tactics and people being smart-arses but i don't care. I'm trying to help, something most people rarely do any more as it doesn't build e-peen the way trolling "L2P" does.
  • Options
    shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the info guys, i'll get to work with it at once!
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    crasharr wrote: »
    Not being

Good post. You explain it well and it's well written, no reasonable person should flame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]