test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enchantments for Rogues... Vorpal/Plague/Tenebrous/Power/Recovery/Defense/Deflection?

berinimaberinima Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Hail to all experts in misdirection and subterfuge!

I just completed my gear and now I am wondering for which enchantments to go. What I often read is that Vorpal and Tenebrous is bugged. Is that still the case? I tried to do some research but I am still not sure about the right answer. If so, would you rather go for Plague + Tenebrous or leave Tenebrous completely out of the equation? I also have read that Tenebrous doesn't work too well with armor penetration, so is this enchantment even viable for rogues?

Also, would you stack power after getting to 2200 armor penetration or rather go for some recovery? And would you rather pick defense or deflection or a mixture of both?

I am really not sure which enchantments to aim for, so I would be happy about some insights from experienced rogues (or other classes by any chance of course).
Post edited by berinima on

Comments

• antaxiousantaxious Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I guess tenebrouw doesnt work with armor pen because it deals nacrotic damage (true damage). I believe Tenebrous is the best for every class. Stack HP + greater tenebrous and GG, you can be unskilled and own everyone it seems.

I dont have tenebrous so i went for these stats. 22 percent armor penetrator (about 10-13 percent in PvP). 48-50 percent crit, rest in power. With the swash set you get enough recovery anyway.

Weapon enchant: Vorpal and Armor enchant: Soulforged.

There is a good guide on this forum, I think the owner is called Metzil or something like that. You should check it out.
    He also says If im not mistaken that without vorpal 2000 crit strike is enough, and you get more crit strike the better your vorpal enchant is. But I personally just went with 48-50 percent.

EDIT: Just incase it matters, I only have enchants that increase Armor penetration and Power. I have enough crit strike (and recovery) with my gear itself
  • berinimaberinima Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi antaxious!

Thanks for the reply. But still, there are some questions unanswered. I meant Plague Fire together with Tenebrous/Vorpal together with Tenebrous. The Vorpal and Tenebrous combination is/was bugged and I read somewhere that Plague Fire somehow gets worse with high armor penetration because it also lowers the defense. But I am a bit unclear on the latter. Also stacking HP seems a bit unappropriate for a rogue because you don't have that much defense anyway and you can get hit by 20k+ by some skills. So defense/deflection anybody?
  • fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Vorpal, Armor Penetration, HP (or LS).

If you hit Armor Penetration cap (~2520 rating for 24%), switch to Crit or Power (depending on how powerful Vorpal you're using).

I prefer HP, since most of the important insta-gibs are necrotic damage which ignores defence.

Greater Plague Fire is a flat 9% damage increase (+3% per stack).
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • meistergamermeistergamer Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    HI all,

a short question regarding weapon enchantments in general. I just got new dagger and want to obviously enchant it. I'm only doing
    PVP so far and looking for one without glowing effect. I do not want to be seen while stealthed ;)

Maybe you can list all weapon enchantments without any glow effect? Thank you very much :)

PS: I am no english native speaker ;)
  • fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Glow doesn't show through stealth.

Also Vorpal has a very slight glow.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • meistergamermeistergamer Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi fimconte,

thanks for reply, but I have to disagree, some enchantments can be seen through stealth. Yesterday I again saw 2 rogues going into stealth but could still be seen all the time because of their glowing dagger. This is actually a known issue also admitted by the developers :(
  • vdinh037vdinh037 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi fimconte,

thanks for reply, but I have to disagree, some enchantments can be seen through stealth. Yesterday I again saw 2 rogues going into stealth but could still be seen all the time because of their glowing dagger. This is actually a known issue also admitted by the developers :(

I concur. This is true as I've experienced it myself. Some enchantments like Greater Plague Fire can be seen through stealth.