test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dread Vault.

granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Since the new patch has changed the game a little bit, especially with threat mechanics and astral shield, how are people clearing Dread Vault these days? I haven't cleared it myself but have access to any party make up of Best in slot characters to take. What are the tactics used to clear Dread Vault? (Even with mass resurrection scrolls)

Any tips would help; if you give me the winning combination/skills to do this with ease and you're on mindflayer, I'll kick you down a greater health stone. So, what do you do, post patch to clear the big brain?
Post edited by granville7482 on

Comments

• Options
    nuromalnuromal Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    simple its impossibro dont waste time on it the tenticals are instant death
  • Options
    notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ^ what he said.
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Nah. People are clearing it post patch, with the harder mini bosses spawning and with a 1 of each group. With tier two gauntlgrym offering well...nothing, (It's not even difficult) this boss is really the last challenge in the game to do. Most people wont even try it, but..it makes for an interesting night of game play. So, again...what are the tips?
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did they fix the fire issue? When we ran we could only spawn at the first fire, and the very last fire, in the final boss room. Lost loot running back, again and again.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The fires are not fixed but once you get tot he final boss you're good.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bump /tenchar
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well i failed hard everytime i tried it, so i can only tell you what i've been told and trying:

Get to the right corner of the map, set there the AS.
    CWs (preferably 2) launch mobs who come out of the map.
    Perma Stealth Rogue goes to the boss once in a while to dmage it, if is UBER skilled and UBER geared, he succeeds at it, and uses rez scrolls when dying.
    DC and GF keeps CWs alive in the corner while waiting the hordes of mobs, eventually comes the first "illusionary boss" and wipes the hell out of the group (its my success top in this boss, the first miniboss), but if the TR comes back, somehow manage to kill ths... you can rinse and repeat! 3 times and youre gold! (and 40-60 minutes of stupid frustrating boss fight). i hope that was what you were looking for.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I tried this for the first time the other night and it made me realise what people were on about with the ridonkulous bosses..
    I found it to be nothing more than 45 mins of smashing the lmb, no thought required at all.

Dont get me wrong i REALLY like this game BUT bosses like that offer nothing in the way of ingenuity at all, smash smash smash dead..smash smash dead..an on an on an on, i was bored to tears by the end of it and didnt care about any reward i just wanted the nightmare to be over..lol
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This fight isn't so bad really, run to the back left corner right away before engaging anything. When adds are up kill this otherwise dps the boss. There is a nice spot in the back left where the tentacles can't get you. Also added bonus is you can push the mini bosses off the edge sometimes.

Also when fighting the boss, only dps is from the back left corner, going back mid can get you killed by the tentacles. Oh and when the brain moves up back up, if you don't you can get stuck behind an invisible wall.

Personally I found the 2nd boss in that dungeon to be hard then the last.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_22IcsIQyWk <--- perfect example and improved of it
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_22IcsIQyWk <--- perfect example and improved of it

Try posting a current video. They had astral shield up 100% of the time, that's not possible anymore.

Well one cleric did at least and since that guy is playing a cleric I could tell it wasn't alternating.

In addition, there is now a mob called an elder brain shard that you kill for your boss loot which spawns after the boss dies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not sure what the problem is here, I did this before the event, but post patch with a PUG. I was the only cleric and we had a GF, but my GS sucks. At the time that I ran this I had 2 pieces of PVP gear and everything was green and even then not all items were even L 60. Maybe my tank was awesome...idk, but I didn't really think it was some super hard thing.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Excellent tips; how do you push the mini bosses off the edge?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Excellent tips; how do you push the mini bosses off the edge?
    stand near the edge in the back left, and push him off, not sure if it works for all possibilities but they mini bosses aren't immune to control effect from what I've seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Try posting a current video. They had astral shield up 100% of the time, that's not possible anymore.

Well one cleric did at least and since that guy is playing a cleric I could tell it wasn't alternating.

In addition, there is now a mob called an elder brain shard that you kill for your boss loot which spawns after the boss dies.

Was the only example of the tactics i found in the interwebz... after watching it a whole its obv that was prepatch and now is harder, also, was the "no GF 2xAS era", but the general strat is there, go to that corner, push mobs out, rogues dps brain while they are able to... rinse and repeat for half hour at least...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Cleared it twice today with no issue, (With the help above) including a pit fiend spawn. Two timeless swords, lol.
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Took our crew a couple of goes but finally managed to knock dread vault over, only to reveal no end loot from the boss (brain), what an anticlimax to hardwork, and when turing in daily dungeon for astral diamonds, my daily dungeon is now Dread vault again, is this correct?
    can we not have daily dugeons set in epics with double astral diamond bonus on offer.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you actually finished it you would notice a golden trail leading to a block which you must destroy to obtain the loot. The brain itself does not drop anything. :)
    PS: This was posted in June, those guys probably have quit already.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    If you actually finished it you would notice a golden trail leading to a block which you must destroy to obtain the loot. The brain itself does not drop anything. :)
    PS: This was posted in June, those guys probably have quit already.
    ok thanks for the heads up on the brick, Yep we finished it, but there was no trail, we looked around for quite sometime we didnt see anything, main aim was to get this out of daily dungeon list only to find that its the same quest is offered again (DD) when talking to rhix :(.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Holy Necro, batman!

And yes, Epic Dread Vault is not worth running. Not even once!