test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Using METRIC measurements resulting in a banned account???

dilligaf76dilligaf76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
so I'm playing and am very happy that my direwolf is almost at level 30
in the party chat i wrote the following

My dog is so close to 30 :)
1mm away from max!

the second line didnt come up but a message about spamming did. I didnt spam so i thought it was directed at someone else. I re-wrote the line and BOOM! Account BANNED.

So, two questions..
1 - since when is metric measurements spam?
2 - how long will this ban last?
Post edited by dilligaf76 on

Comments

• varsas13varsas13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chat ban?

usually 24 hours of the start of the ban
  • mutepoint1mutepoint1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    dilligaf76 wrote: »
    so I'm playing and am very happy that my direwolf is almost at level 30
    in the party chat i wrote the following

My dog is so close to 30 :)
    1mm away from max!

the second line didnt come up but a message about spamming did. I didnt spam so i thought it was directed at someone else. I re-wrote the line and BOOM! Account BANNED.

So, two questions..
    1 - since when is metric measurements spam?
    2 - how long will this ban last?

More than likely, it was the time between messages that was the problem. Not the content.
  • dilligaf76dilligaf76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    really? i chat all the time.. never had an issue with the timeframes

24hours is so sad... when i did nothing wrong
  • yokoryuyokoryu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I feel for you buddy, was sending a message in zone and the same thing came up. I figured this was something everyone saw since I knew it couldn't have applied to me at the rate I was typing. Decided to send another message and also was 24H muted. An hour after the items I had just converted my recently purchased Zen > AD for were being sold in zone and I couldn't do a thing about it. I just sat there in horror as I couldn't spend my money on the items I wanted without a way to communicate. Did you know you can't even send mail when muted? honestly I'm not even going to be bitter about this though. I completely deserve this for putting money into a game that I myself have encountered a myriad of bugs into and knew should've waited for it to be smoother.
  • dilligaf76dilligaf76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    muted i could handle... but completely banned??
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Welcome to the new, automated customer service and game moderation tool. Cryptic is cutting back where it really matters....customer service and public relations. With automation, they don't have to pay people to do those jobs. Just program in some forbidden, bannable phrases and watch the system autoban people left and right. So glad I never spent a dime on this game.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you got forcibly removed, and cant log back in because of an account ban, you need to open a ticket with support asap so it can get queued and addressed.
    edited June 2013
    thats the first thing i did... i got the automated response back but i'm not holding my breath...
    i'm a founder... no warnings... just thrown out
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This scares me, there are a lot of new players in game, and I've been chatting and answering questions in zone chat all day long. Should I just stay silent? That seems very unfair to new players. But I'm worried that if I inadvertently say the wrong thing, I'll get a 24hr ban :(
  • rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Welcome to Cryptic world of bugs and unresponse.

Have fun if you can.
    edited June 2013
    im not a new player tho... i'm a founder at lv 60... even my pet is (1mm away from) lv 30

in a guild.. never done a thing wrong..

but yeah, you can be sure i will never say another word in /party again
  • notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dilligaf76 wrote: »
    muted i could handle... but completely banned??

SURELY this is a mistake and your account will be reinstated fairly soon?

Reassure me Cryptic... O-0
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
    edited June 2013
    SURELY this is a mistake and your account will be reinstated fairly soon?

Reassure me Cryptic... O-0

i'm keeping an eye on my emails but nothing yet. up until now i couldnt say a bad word about cryptic but this has left a very sour taste in my mouth
  • killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    This scares me, there are a lot of new players in game, and I've been chatting and answering questions in zone chat all day long. Should I just stay silent? That seems very unfair to new players. But I'm worried that if I inadvertently say the wrong thing, I'll get a 24hr ban :(

Its definitely not a 24 hour ban, maybe 72 hours, I'll know in the morning. I'd be scared to talk too, haha.
    edited June 2013
    Three days?!
  • dcoy1dcoy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, i'm sure they are looking into it. Just like they are looking into EVERYTHING. Canned responses to tickets/bug reports. And nothing done ever unless someone post an exploit somewhere that goes gamebreaking. Looking at all the new profession assets in AH its easy to see they are just playing people like a fiddle for money while offering as little as possible. Back in the day games were someone's vision. Now they are just a cash cow where bottom line is all that matters.
  • talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    Woah this sounds pretty bad, you get banned for typing in party chat now? I sort of understand zone chat as the thing is one big cluster**** of a chat channel, but party chat? Better to not moderate at all then this to be honest, rather endure a 100 spammers then to see one innocent player be punished.
    Better stop typing in neverwinter at all and just communicate through other applications I guess...
    edited June 2013
    i dont agree dcoy... sure, the need to make cash but this is hands down the best MMO out there at the moment. even with bugs (and it shouldnt be out of beta yet) it's better than a lot of other stuff out there
  • srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    1mm is the gold seller code, and since some update ago, a new chat enforcing policy autoban posting links, you line must have triggered the gold seller response by saying 1m, its automated, send a polite letter to customer support or maybe a moderator in the forums for help.
    Nice to know the developers are using keyword filtering even if it is friendly fire :D...
    hey OP ...stuff happens
  • talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    Huh so if I were to go out and advertise to sell something for 1m diamonds I'd most assuredly be banned? Seems legit...

Way it should be: The automated system flags suspicious players and keeps a chat log about the incident, an employee actually takes a look at it and verifies the suspect is a spammer.
    edited June 2013
    talesmith wrote: »
    Huh so if I were to go out and advertise to sell something for 1m diamonds I'd most assuredly be banned? Seems legit...

looking that way.... thats a little sad hey
    edited June 2013
    Way it should be: The automated system flags suspicious players and keeps a chat log about the incident, an employee actually takes a look at it and verifies the suspect is a spammer.

yup... just expressing happiness about my companion shouldnt be a cause..

another thing... i've reported countless spammers myself, so that should count for something
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    happens to me Ill never look back...you my friend ,have more tolerance than I.
  • nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This means we all should shut our mouths.
  • nuromalnuromal Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    it seems to be when enough peeps report you for spam you get a 24 hr chat mute its peeps like that, that are stupid for reporting such things as this its most likely people who don't like you saying things over them trying to sell in protectors enclave just voicing my thoughts
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    it was party chat though..unless ppl in his party gathered together and said hey lets report him.
    edited June 2013
    it was party chat though..unless ppl in his party gathered together and said hey lets report him.

there was no time to report me... as soon as i re-typed that second line i was booted
  • srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Its not cost productive, if the person in question wants its ban removed they will contact CS, while a gold seller will just fogedabutit, i know seller will just make a new acc, etc, but no system is perfect.

As for advertise on chat, that could count as spam seeing we have a working AH in which you can post your million ad item anyday.
    edited June 2013
    "IT" ie: me has contacted CS.. automated replies dont relay a lot of hope though
  • grikgidgrikgid Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    This is the sort of thing that makes me sure my decision to give this game a break was right.
    PW and Cryptic have managed to create a negative vibe around NW which puts players off, me for sure. And this is a great pity for what should be a massive franchise success. I tried Rift again the other day, Trion have been masters at the positive vibe, and it makes a big difference to my decision about where I spend my gaming cash.