test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Time difference Auction House & Gateway

entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I've noticed something strange when using the AH from the gateway. For one, the remaining time on the auction isn't reported equally, the gateway seems to 'end' first. But when the gateway has expired, the in-game AH will stop allowing bids, 30 seconds (or so) before the auction officially closes. The gateway AH will then still allow a bid, even though it shows the auction has expired.
I've tried reproducing this in screenshots, but messed up a bit (hard juggling MS paint, gateway and Neverwinter windowed at the same time), so there's also a slight layout issue visible in the gateway bit of the screenshot. But that isn't what this is about, I probably just took the screenshot between frames or something.
I have been able to reproduce this on auctions that took bids in the last minutes before expiring. I've heard there's some anti-sniping system in effect. I'm guessing the gateway circumvents this system a bit.

AHTimeDifferenceAndGatewaylayoutbork_zps655a44dd.jpg
Besides cropping the screenshot down, I have not edited it. The misalignment on the right (gateway) AH actually happened, probably a little browser glitch. The time remaining should be 'Expired' or 'N/A' or whatever gateway normally reports.