test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why doesn't dungeon finder fill a group when someone leaves?

losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Isn't it supposed too? Why won't it let the part leader switch the setting to allow people to be pulled in. This is a basic feature that should have been fixed before release!

Besides the fact that you should be able to invite people with the gear score to do the dungeon if someone leaves!
"The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
Post edited by losse1 on

Comments

• rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Because that would make sense.
    Careful, you will get into trouble for suggesting anything that's common sense.
  • tattooedangelstattooedangels Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree that you should be able to invite someone when someone leaves. The amount of times someone has left because they died to a boss is unreal. It's like an hour of your time wasted especially if it was during DD
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think it's the developers trying to make sure that you don't kick people to invite friends just before a boss fight or some shenanigans like that.

The queue does fill. Sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes relogging makes it fill. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes people get stuck outside and don't teleport in. Sometimes it fills when someone quits.

There is no rhyme or reason to how the queue fill works, or when. I've heard people say that they've had a fill pop in during the end boss fight. It's screwy.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This was possible in beta but didn't last long because of many reasons.
    1. Let's say someone left in the middle of a dungeon. How is this system supposed to work? Do the devs allow random queuers to joins as well? Because when they did allow it take the perspective of someone who wanted to join a dungeon from the start. They end up having to do a dungeon from mid way or past a few bosses already. What if they don't want to do that?
    2. Let's say you run a pug dungeon then someone leaves and you call a guild mate on an alt to join.. or someone on friend's list. Now you have finished the dungeon. Instead of leaving, your friend just logs back into his other character. Now you have an open finished dungeon for people who are queuing to join.
    3. People who would ask their higher leveled friends to physically join a dungeon to beat a boss for them.

There were actually many problems and I assume Cryptic's logic of the party system is too stupid to reconstruct a new one with so they just disabled the whole lot.
    PS: Got to get back to work, was just naming a few problem as I was passing by.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • artezz24artezz24 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hey all i write here because i cant create new post...i dont know why...that why i write here..ok who tell me why serwer is offline? iff beta end...now is live i need download again game? or its only offline for fix bugs ?