test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So my guild leader quit

tinyolaf123tinyolaf123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is there anyway to release guild leader and pass it to an active player, in my case me as I am the only one in my guild still playing? I purchased the guild bank so it's a little tough to just leave the guild.

Thanks
Post edited by tinyolaf123 on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Wow, I feel you man. This is certainly quite a nasty situation. :(

I would try to contact support and see if they can refund you the bank purchase due to this pretty game breaking issue. If they refund the transaction you can at least transfer guilds.

However the feedback is being sent along right as I type this response. I think we all of the Forum Moderators had to pick their jaws off the floor after reading this one and I doubt the developers would react any differently!
    This is certainly something which is going to have to get addressed in some way. Sorry about that but rest assured you're being heard. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. :)

EDIT - BREAKING NEWS!

Developers responded to the feedback: If a guild leader doesn't log in for 30 days, everyone from the next rank will get a button on the Guild UI that allows them to claim leadership.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im in the same boat so i feel ya pain buddy.
    Its a little heartening to see there is/will be a way to rectify this situation but what if the leader logs only once in a 30 day period? Your still screwed..
    There needs to be a more urgent way to remove someone from office..
  • rustyjoerustyjoe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lol this is hilarious
    edited June 2013
    rustyjoe wrote: »
    Lol this is hilarious

Im a guild founder in mine as well and i gave the leader the 140k AD or whatever it was to get the first bank slot.
    Since Mid May or Caturday ive been steadily kicking inactives daily, from a guild of 300 im now down to 95 with only about 5 people on at any time.
    I cant even message the remaining active guild members as the leader removed that from the founders:/

So im stuck with a guild with 3 bank slots and a dwindling membership that i cant even interact with and i have to wait 30 days to gain leadership.
    If the leader logs just once in that time the merry dance starts again..

It needs an active remove/vote function which you would normally give to the other founders but in my position even they havent been on in 3/4 weeks..lol

Im screwed..
  • rustyjoerustyjoe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im a guild founder in mine as well and i gave the leader the 140k AD or whatever it was to get the first bank slot.
    Since Mid May or Caturday ive been steadily kicking inactives daily, from a guild of 300 im now down to 95 with only about 5 people on at any time.
    I cant even message the remaining active guild members as the leader removed that from the founders:/

So im stuck with a guild with 3 bank slots and a dwindling membership that i cant even interact with and i have to wait 30 days to gain leadership.
    If the leader logs just once in that time the merry dance starts again..

It needs an active remove/vote function which you would normally give to the other founders but in my position even they havent been on in 3/4 weeks..lol

Im screwed..

Honestly, you should of gone with a well-established guild/game community before giving someone that much.
    edited June 2013
    140k is peanuts.. isnt for some i know, its more the fact that some of us have time and ad invested in the guild and are now powerless to do anything with it...:/
  • bsgmaxbsgmax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So only 2nd rank can claim GM if guild was abandoned? I'm at lvl 3 in guild rank and everyone higher than me hasn't logged in to play at all. Are we stuck or will it go to next highest rank in game?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Back to the grave with this zombied thread.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.