test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Races or Classes

milyamilya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Which do you feel they need to release ASAP to keep this game alive?
Post edited by milya on

Comments

• blackphoenixbgblackphoenixbg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    classes and paragon paths... It seems that no one is in a hurry to release a **** tho..
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    classes.

i really dont see them adding a race i will choose over human anyhow.
  • killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Races are nice for the player who wants that special look, but classes are required for adding a whole new gameplay experience.
  • grifterecgrifterec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    Ranger would be great, Bard would be better. We need a Buffer/Healer other than DC, ASAP otherwise everything is going to lie at the feet of the DC and be the constant focus of nerfs and changes
  • shortwave2112shortwave2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I too would like to see a new class, or better yet a new set of paragons for the current classes. That would give everyone something new to try and talk about/compare for the next month or two.
  • clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Classes for sure, people are more likely to role a new character to play a new class, than to play something they have seen before but with new visuals. As an altaholic, I already have one of every class, so I have no desire to play the same class again as a new race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trinity1980trinity1980 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was very very disappointed when I read the Module 1 dev blog. They need to add new classes and paragon paths as soon as possible -.-
    I'm losing interest in the game already. Would love to play Ranger, Paladin, Bard, Battle Cleric.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Are classes different paragon paths or new classes? Because my answer will be completely different... Having one healing class, Devotion Cleric, is great because you don't have Cryptic balancing against another healing class and artificially creating differences just so that they were not carbon copies of each other. Having one tank, Guardian Fighter, for the exact same reason is the best solution as well.

That being said you can add diversity or specializations to the base classes through paragon paths that keep the base class's group role the same but give them different toys and accessories to play with.

No to answer your thread NO new classes but YES new paragon paths for existing classes. The ONLY reason to add a new class would be if they would fit a completely new group role/function that is not already taken. The last thing we need are four different classes that are all "tanks" or "healers" and try and balance them against each other but make them different by handicapping them in some way to force a difference...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Classes. Definitely classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • phraqphraq Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Classes, since when I first started I was let down to not having an archer class which is always my go to class. I guess I will stick with my GWF till then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A steady progression through PHB I-III & the Forgotten Realms setting material, adding paragon paths, classes and races!!!

But I really want a Warlock - yesterday :P