test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zoom?

zer303606zer303606 Member Posts: 10
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
is there still no zoom function in the game, it really put me off with the camera angle.
please tell me its fixed :D

Comments

• healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited June 2013
    B + mouse scroll is the only zoom I ever found.
  • zer303606zer303606 Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2013
    yea but last time it whouldnt zoom in much. i wanted to zoom in alot more then i could.
  • xervaixervai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Log out of the game, go to your Neverwinter LIVE folder/localdata and open gameprefs.Pref. Look for PrefEntry GfxSettings.DefaultFov

Change that number to set how far forward or close to your character. Don't change it more than 70 or less than 50 or the game aiming goes off. This might be helpful if you're looking for a way to adjust the camera.

Otherwise healhappy's suggestion is the only way to dynamically zoom in game.
  • healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited June 2013
    I can zoom in until I'm in first person mode. Is there more than that? (。_゜)

Thanks xervai!
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can change your FoV, so that might work for you.

Simply type /gfxsetdefaultfov xy (/gfxsetdefaultfov 80 for example) in the chatbar. The change is instant but the camera stays at that point until you change it.

This command is the same as if you go into \Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\Localdata and open the Gameprefs.Pref with notepad.
    Edit the *PrefEntry GfxSettings.DefaultFov*. I prefer 80. The game defauls to 55 which, to me, is just too close to the back of my character's head and gives me no way to see around my character. With it set to 80, I can see behind me and to the sides very nicely.
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xervai beat me to it but at least I was able to show you a quicker way. :)