test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your Portal Event is Terrible.

sfxer001sfxer001 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It is lagging the servers out, Protector's Enclave out, your Instanced Dungeon servers out and even these Forums out. That last hour of DD was completely unplayable with all of the rubberbanding.

Whoever thought spawning hundreds of mobs among hundreds of players was a good idea is a fool. More and more laggy adds seems to be the only flavor PWE can pitch at us in any of their content and it's getting old.
Post edited by sfxer001 on

Comments

• nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only lag I've seen is when the portals close. Dropping graphics settings fixed that... And I'm on an older system. (System specs say I shouldn't be playing in the first place. ^_^)
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No lag here except a tiny bit at the portal closing..max graphics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for your opinion. I'm sure it will be noted.

Also, have you tried rebooting? Did you lag in PE before the event? As you can see from other people very few are lagging now.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kwequa wrote: »

This.
    /10chars
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No lag for me either, and I'm running the higher than stock max graphics with every custom setting at 200%. :)

Not to say the event is any good, it's just not bad for the reasons you mention.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The lag was fixed yesterday. The portal event is pretty fun....they can make the mobs even harder and it would be sweet.

I like the night cycle too.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wish i could try the event as it seems cool but i crash every few mins in PE :/ . Im hoping when the event is over titll stop because atm i dread zoning into to Pe and thats with an ok system and graphics at 0
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • utzpretzelsutzpretzels Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    I managed to find a portal with only about 3 people around it and the event was a ton of fun. I actually had to use pots to stay alive on a level 60 CW (who is not geared wonderfully yet). My suggestions would be to double the number of instances running to keep the population down on each instance. If each portal had 5 people it would be a challenging event indeed.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After this latest patch I am no longer getting the lag at portal close.
  • agiletalentagiletalent Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No lag here whatsoever (the pausing at the start/end was fixed).
  • jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your Random capitalization Is Terrible

Oh and don't play the game on your calculator but on a decent PC
  • whotookmyname2whotookmyname2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The lag was fixed yesterday. The portal event is pretty fun....they can make the mobs even harder and it would be sweet.

I like the night cycle too.

Same for me. The lag that I saw at the closing of the portals was fixed for me in the patch yesterday, too. Zero lag now.
    Right click, left click, left click, left click, tab, E, R, tab, right click, left click, left click, 2, tab, E, R and repeat. What am I?

Usually, dead.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kwequa wrote: »

same here, max/max graphics no lag, since they fixed the end explosion.

quad core 3.8ghz, Gforce 650ti

l2pc
    edited June 2013
    the wights are pretty tough if you're solo or 2boxing.
    anything more than 4 people at each portal though and they go down in about 5 seconds.
    hope the next round is tougher(?)
    would really love to see mobs ravaging thru the vendors and bank area killing all the afks and bots, keke
  • pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am so tired of people complaining about the game. I love it, I think the event is fabulous, as are the rewards. GOOD JOB !!!

Pelomixa
  • s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They fixed the memory leak that was causing massive lag with the most recent patch, no more lagging here either although I do still get the occasional rubber banding, something they need to continue improving.
  • willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    Totally lag free since patch. One of the quicker fixes I've seen an MMO implement.
  • casekukcasekuk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree, the quick patch job was a success. I too had horrendous slideshow type lag when the event started but now not a single problem.

I too run at max graphics

As for the even I think its a nice little addition... But I would like to see it last a bit longer and maybe end with a bigger enemy?

The rewards are cool... Saving for a dog, but it's taking a while :)

Good Job!

Art.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Part 1: A Mysterious Portal: - NW-DIKGSOTWT
    Part 2: Into the forest: Out now - NW DAVOJC8N7
    Part 3: Through the portal: 50% Finished!
    Part 4: Lvl 113

Does YOUR FOUNDRY need more plays? Try this thread: Click here
  • nalren25nalren25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I loved the event today. It had too easy to kill mobs and a memory leak before, but they fixed that. Today you could play properly (minimize your graphics settings if necessary) and farming off the mobs for Bags of Bones was fun. Got myself four blue doggys :D
  • dchappycatdchappycat Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I am amazed how fast they patched the lag issues, for a free game that was a really encouraging thing to see.
  • counterintelcounterintel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think the event is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It's a standard "spawn X blah mobs at Y time in Z groups so that the nearest control wizard can 2 shot the entire group before I can swing a blade twice" event that most mmos utilize. DAARRRPPPTHTHTHTHTH MOBS ATTACKING TOWN IM BOTH EXCITED AND SCARED!!!! /gag

You want an event like this to actually be interesting?

Fill the city with spawns. For like a half an hour every 2 hours.

Flood the place. For like a half an hour every 2 hours. The way it is now is basically just a vending machine of pulls that die the moment they become targettable. Its not dangerous. It's not hard. It's not exciting. It's a yawn fest where you're not competing to defeat an enemy or overcome a challenge...

... you're rushing to get 'credit' and 'kills', at any cost. Issuing a promotional code for redemption of a random number of bones is a better 'event' than this. At least I wouldnt have to stand in place and watch ae classes kill everything before I can even close in on them.

I would have rather had an imp chaser event every half hour than this.

This is basically just an AE fest of people rushing to tag/kill mobs. Not fun. Not interesting. It's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I always wonder if people who think these things out ever stop and think what its like in practice.... I imagine this is how that went

"So... we'll set up 5 portals... and a group of small zombies and archers will spawn at certain intervals. The hero on their own must face the pressure of killing groups of enemies in time before more appear!!"

"Ok so what happens when you know.. 35 people show up to that portal"

"Well obviously its just 35X as awesome"

"Clearly"

"Yes. Our job here is done".

/thumbs up

/wrist
  • x3mta3xx3mta3x Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    pelomixa wrote: »
    I am so tired of people complaining about the game. I love it, I think the event is fabulous, as are the rewards. GOOD JOB !!!

Pelomixa
    I am so tired of fanboys lying about the current state of the game! The event sucks, period. Same goes for all the dungeon boss mechanics, sucks, lazy/no talent boss encounters. Not to mention that PWE caters to exploiters/cheaters/scammers. Maybe you should grow a pair and TELL THE TRUTH!

The ONLY thing this game and PWE are good at is gouging/money grubbing customers. OH, and banning people for no good reason.
    edited June 2013
    ^cry maor

it's fun. yes it could be harder, yes there could be more spawns and/or fewer people. the few times I've been caught alone or just with 1 guild mate it was actually pretty challenging (the wights, anyway). yes I'd also love to see swarms of bada** mobs roaming the city killing everything. oh well...

btw crying about aoe, wonder what you'd do if they made it harder and/or spawn a lot more mobs faster, and then for some reason took away AoE ability from wiz/clr/etc.. oh that's right you'd die alot. and come here and cry even maor.. /yawn