test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Virtuous, Faithful or Rightenous....

arshaddoxarshaddox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
edited June 2013 in The Temple
Which did you tried ? Prons and cons ....
Post edited by arshaddox on

Comments

• faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I went mostly down the virtuous route, and a bit in righteous to get ethereal boon. I'm build as a hybrid heal/dps cleric. I recently found a combination that allowed me to take astral shield off my hot bar (that works in T2 dungeons!).

Sunburst for heal and action gain. Forgemaster's flame for heal and dps, and daunting light for dps. For at wills I use brand of the sun and astral seal. I specing into turning my daunting light and brand of the sun into debuffs in the virtuous tree.

I also put points into buffing my soothing light when allies are low on health. good for when the tank suddenly tanks a beating but no one else needs a heal. The cons of this are my heals aren't as strong as the faithful side, but I make up for it in damage so things die a bit faster. Also thanks to sunburst I can use my dailies alot (hammer of fate and flame strike).

Also a con is I have gotten some CW to rage quit because I was out dps'ing them XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • punisoufflepunisouffle Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having tried all three, I ended up in virtuous line. Righteous tree's Healing Step was a real life saver, but with aggro fix there's so much less kiting to do. Faithful was great... for healing. Never tried Linked Spirit though, maybe after launch... Virtuous... have fun melting faces >w< !! Though the capstone feat Cycle of Change looks buggy, the stack won't expend. Either it means it never boosts your encounter or it wrongly boosts more than one encounter, I got no idea \ =w=)/~~

Faeriestorm, running without AS sounds so... indy. What're your class features, for solo and for party? I swore by Holy Fervor and Healer's lore (+10% damage staying up quite reliably, versus +16% Terrifying Insight that requires 4 hits on a target), but whenever a teammate gets nuked, there's this imp lurking up behind my head whispering to me ...Fore...sight...

Also: has anyone tried a feat distribution of ~10/10/10 in each tree just for the sake of being hybrid?
    edited June 2013
    Faeriestorm, running without AS sounds so... indy. What're your class features, for solo and for party? I swore by Holy Fervor and Healer's lore (+10% damage staying up quite reliably, versus +16% Terrifying Insight that requires 4 hits on a target), but whenever a teammate gets nuked, there's this imp lurking up behind my head whispering to me ...Fore...sight...

Also: has anyone tried a feat distribution of ~10/10/10 in each tree just for the sake of being hybrid?

I run with prophetic action and terrifying insight. for class features. Then I use brand of the sun and astral seal for at wills. My encounters I use are sunburst, forgemaster's flame and daunting light. My dailies are hammer of fate and flamestrike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I run with prophetic action and terrifying insight. for class features. Then I use brand of the sun and astral seal for at wills. My encounters I use are sunburst, forgemaster's flame and daunting light. My dailies are hammer of fate and flamestrike.

As a 2nd cleric in group or only cleric in group? You say you have made this work in t2 dungeons but it looks like a secondary cleric spec, or 1 for a static group that doesn't really need a healer.
    edited June 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    As a 2nd cleric in group or only cleric in group? You say you have made this work in t2 dungeons but it looks like a secondary cleric spec, or 1 for a static group that doesn't really need a healer.

I've done this in T2's as the only cleric in the group and it works. I have done this in public runs and people I don't know how they play as well as with guild members.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]