test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I have a Idea to improve the game

mrb4725mrb4725 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Someone might have already said this but i dont have the time to look through every post but I think it would be great if you put a chat channel dedicated to buying and selling items so if someone wants to talk on the general channel people can actually see whats being said
Post edited by mrb4725 on

Comments

• nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    from the mouths of babes

What a good idea this is. Why did no one think of it before?

Devs harken and take heed. Surely this spark should be fostered!
  • moggmadnessmoggmadness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You know there are some channels for that

entering "/channel_join trade" or "/channel_join NWOtrade" can work
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mrb4725 wrote: »
    Someone might have already said this but i dont have the time to look through every post but I think it would be great if you put a chat channel dedicated to buying and selling items so if someone wants to talk on the general channel people can actually see whats being said

I completely agree, and will go a step further. Anyone posting to buy and sell stuff on a non-trading channel should be day banned.
  • wazzybutterballswazzybutterballs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is a simple thing, that alot of MMO's do already so it shouldn't be hard.

And I agree with wholy, that people should receive bans, however I think they will just be muted for an hour or something.
    edited June 2013
    It would also help if the text wouldn't auto refresh every time someone posts. I try to arrow up to read stuff, but even holding the drag I'm unable to get to and read what I try to, auto refresh in a chat window flat out sucks.
    edited June 2013
    It is a simple thing, that alot of MMO's do already so it shouldn't be hard.

And I agree with wholy, that people should receive bans, however I think they will just be muted for an hour or something.

muted for an hour or so works just well, want to punish the abusers and not those who aren't trying to abuse... a two hour mute would be advised
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gold sellers should be banned. People spewing racism and hatred should be banned. People trying to legitimately use the market with the tools the game provides should be left alone or, better yet, given some official method of staying out of the populace’s hair. Like a real trade channel.

The whole custom channel ruse is like being given a cardboard box and told to color it and call it the internet. No-one is fooled Cryptic, everyone knows it’s not real. Wake up the devs and make a real trade and lgf channel so we can get some peace in Zone.
    edited June 2013
    nornsavant wrote: »
    Gold sellers should be banned. People spewing racism and hatred should be banned. People trying to legitimately use the market with the tools the game provides should be left alone or, better yet, given some official method of staying out of the populace’s hair. Like a real trade channel.

The whole custom channel ruse is like being given a cardboard box and told to color it and call it the internet. No-one is fooled Cryptic, everyone knows it’s not real. Wake up the devs and make a real trade and lgf channel so we can get some peace in Zone.

you can tell Cryptic fully endorses and allows gold and AS buying and selling even though they say otherwise... I only have to open up my mail box and see all the gold and AS offers from accounts that never get banned to know this is so... or I can simply read what is posted over and over again on the channels