test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T2 Epic Dungeons: Not Worth It?

2»

Comments

• raptorskyfireraptorskyfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I've had T2 DD rewards be T1, but I've also gotten lucky and got a T2 neck from Pirate King DD Chest too, I think it's really random.

My problem is, being a DC and all, is that because I don't have a high gearscore (8.7k as of this writing) nor experience (which I actually really DO want) I'm left with no runs. That's right, I'm a DC and no one wants me. I mean, seriously, every time I look in Zone chat people want experienced players, well, if you're really that experienced, why not take at least one inexperienced person and give them a shot, tell them what they need to do and such.

I mean, yeah, there's a ton of adds with a lot of boss fights, but it keeps the party active so it's not a tank and spank and boring as hell. Could they use less adds? Maybe. Maybe have the spawns toned down to every 3 minutes or possibly after a certain amount of adds are spawned, no more are spawned, but that's just a thought.
    Part of Storm-Shore, a RP/PvE guild. http://www.stormshore.com/

I have many alts, I am a class and race rainbow.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stango69 wrote: »
    Really you think T2 is hard. It is fairly easy when you look at many mmos out there. Stick to T1 if you think they are too hard. If you know the game you can burn through most of them in 20 mins with no deaths.

It should be a challenge and have a skill level to be able to do it. Dont kill the game because the unskilled cant figure out the game.

Go do the **** stuff if you cant handle the real content. I am just glad we dont need 20 to 40 to enjoy end game.

I'm looking over the list I wrote, and 3-4 of those have nothing to do with skill level at all. I've finished (and not finished) many T2 Dungeons. Personally, I think it's an unfortunate combination of many of these. But keep up the name calling. It suits you.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • mamatankmamatank Member Posts: 52
    edited June 2013
    stango69 wrote: »
    Really you think T2 is hard. It is fairly easy when you look at many mmos out there. Stick to T1 if you think they are too hard. If you know the game you can burn through most of them in 20 mins with no deaths.

It should be a challenge and have a skill level to be able to do it. Dont kill the game because the unskilled cant figure out the game.

Go do the **** stuff if you cant handle the real content. I am just glad we dont need 20 to 40 to enjoy end game.

Thanks for posting this, Stange. It saved me the trouble of looking hard for an example of the terrible community in this game.

First of all, the dungeons only take 20 minutes if you skip the dungeon and just get to the final boss. Most MMORPG's feature group content where a team of people get together and actually play the game. If you do this, then and efficient dungeon run takes around an hour.

Unfortunately, because of the poor design of these things, players have learned how to skip most of the place and you have people running around who have no interest in playing the game just for the fun of it and all they want to do is get the loot to drop as fast as they can.

This leads to an incredibly unrewarding experience for the rest of us who log in to actually play the game. It also makes the group finder essentially unusable because you inevitably have one of "you" in the group who uses all the exploits and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> without any regard for the group. This results in trash wipes and frustration and the group falls apart.

The dungeons are fine if you have a team of like minded players and only play with them. That's just not a good model. The free to play business model has led to a terrible community and a virtually unplayable game, unless you are in an entrenched team of players.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jonddn wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone else had this problem, but now and then i get a group that actualy can finish a t2 dungeon, only to get to the end chest and get a t1 reward... i mean realy? I wouldnt mind if it was a necklace, belt or whatever as long as is was a t2 version but no, so far i got t1 armors, boots, rings, belts... reported it but no reply thus far.

Anyone else seen this happen?

edit: this happen on pirate king, frozen heart and spellplague DD

Yep the chest rewards are random , the loot rolls are in the ranges between T1 to T2 including jewelry + blue rings etc etc :) I can confirm this right here right now .

edit : @ degraafination - Which class do you play mainly in dungeons ?
  • kobrakai2kobrakai2 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Form a team with people in zone chat, you always see people saying things like "CW 11K LFG T2" around dungeon delves time. You will have a much better game this way than using the queueing system!