test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some newbie questions

olepiolepi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
I've always liked creating mods, and loved publishing scenarios in the Ryzom Ring. Now I have a couple of basic questions:

- how can I control what character is playing when I am editing/playing my own quest? It seems to give me a male warrior, but I'd like to try it out with different characters. Can I use my in-game characters while editing?

- what do I do with the drops? While editing, I play it out to test, and get some drops. What can I do with these? Is there any way to transfer these to one of my in-game characters? Can I sell them?

- once I get something to try out, how can I have one of my regular characters play it? Do I have to publish it? Or is there a way to "privately" publish it so that my other characters can play it?

thanks for the help!
Post edited by olepi on

Comments

• neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When you're in the editor, one of the menu options in the top-left will let you respec your Author avatar to a level 11, 21, or 31 character of any class. Newly respecced characters get a full set of gear appropriate for their level and class.

Your Author character is completely separate from all of your other characters. Anything you get on him will stay on him, and disappear when you respec him.

If you want to try your quest with your real characters, you have to publish it. Much as it would be nice to semi-publish or keep a quest private, you only get to pick between "published" or "unpublished".
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Be careful with that respec of Author. I did it to try and see how a caster would do in a quest and it totally hosed the character.

All I can do currently is One shot everything or walk around immune. <bleh>

This was reported a long time ago, hopefully the fix is To Be Announced..

As for loot while wandering in editor, just start from the beginning of the story and should be in a deserted Enclave full of NPC to sell things to, buy from, etc. NO transfer to live though, what happens in Foundry, stays in Foundry. you CAN however transfer goods TO foundry. You have full access to your mail. Not sure I see the point of that though since there is no bringing it back. Maybe if really really need that runestone or something.
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • olepiolepi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "As for loot while wandering in editor, just start from the beginning of the story and should be in a deserted Enclave full of NPC to sell things to, buy from, etc."

Hmm, I haven't seen that. I start a quest, add a map, put down some NPC's, mobs, etc. When I start to play it, there are no other NPC's, no vendors, etc.
  • harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Is your story line set up to start at Enclave ?

Go to the Story part and begin at the highest point on the left sidebar and will punt you to where you begin (usually enclave but it can be elsewhere, you set it so you should know where it begins).
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • olepiolepi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ah, thanks! Now I can't wait for work to be over so I can try this out :)