test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

High General's Set

awesismawesism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Just wondering why this GF set is never mentioned as a good set to use for end game PvE?
To me it looks like a good option with good stats and good set bonuses - 2 piece is ArP which is a great stat to have a boost on and 4 piece is +10% crit severity for everyone else in the party. Surely that crit severity is pretty good?

Is it just that people like to rock a more selfish set bonus or is High General's really just not that good?
Post edited by awesism on

Comments

• whiteshadow02whiteshadow02 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Support build simply isn't needed. With the way defense/deflection scales any stat over 3k is overkill, which you can reach with stalwart which allows you to deal large amounts of dps.
  • imobiusimobius Member Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The implementation of the "DPS chart" at the end of each dungeon promotes selfish gaming.
    I could go around with a full support build and watch the rogues/wizards do 600% more DPS than me due to my lack of personal DPS and my support to theirs. Not a great picture to look at.

The only thing people see is that i did 200% less DPS than them, not that i boosted theirs by 150%.
    Its not a great picture to look at and it gives out misinformation.

Frankly, i don't like the DPS meter, especially not in this game, where its just at the end of a dungeon to show arbirtrairy numbers to feed people epeen. Those charts should be used to improve on your own DPS by trying out different rotations, builds, etc. But the way that is implemented makes it almost impossible.

As an Instigator GWF, i know that alot of my damage is pure meter padding and irrelevant DPS that just shows up as a number at the end. Nobody thinks about it, they're just happy to see GWF push good number, regardless of how my damage was distributed.
  • craftymangcraftymang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    please explain how you get this "meter padding" if your damage leads/helps to killing a mob how in the world is it irrelevant as you are implying? Because you didn't single target man-mode 1v1 GGnoRE a mob down it's "padding"?
  • desjardiniidesjardinii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Its easier to see the direct benefit to yourself using the stalwarts then say a 60% boost of power when using the knight captain, or 10% crit severity increase with high generals. I think more people would prefer to see their GF damage numbers higher. I know when I run my knight captain set, you can see a larger increase in DPS across the board. So in the end whats greater? 1 persons DPS increase or a benefit for the group?