test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry still having problems?

katah1969katah1969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
I published some changes to my quest last night and waited for the Foundry to say the quest had been published. I then went in to test it and nothing had changed! All my old content was still there. I just published again this morning and again none of the changes are there...

Anyone else having this problem?
Post edited by katah1969 on

Comments

• neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did you still have the quest in your log from before your most recent publish? Old quests will still use the old version of it.
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • katah1969katah1969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    neomys99 wrote: »
    Did you still have the quest in your log from before your most recent publish? Old quests will still use the old version of it.

Yeah I thought about that as well. Made sure to abandon the quest before publishing this morning just in case. I also noticed that the amount of reviews in game is much lower than what is reported in the Foundry editor. It's like my quest is stuck at a certain point in game, reviews included, but within the Foundry it has the correct information.

Sigh... not sure what to do.
  • anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't think it is you. My quest keeps flip flopping between versions when searched in the catalog. I noticed I would consistently get the latest version of the catalog when viewing it from within a foundry quest, or dungeon. I suggest going into someone else's foundry quest, and then open the catalog, see if the reviews are aligned for your quest in the catalog. If not relog and repeat until you get the latest catalog.
    A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
  • katah1969katah1969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    anrix2 wrote: »
    I don't think it is you. My quest keeps flip flopping between versions when searched in the catalog. I noticed I would consistently get the latest version of the catalog when viewing it from within a foundry quest, or dungeon. I suggest going into someone else's foundry quest, and then open the catalog, see if the reviews are aligned for your quest in the catalog. If not relog and repeat until you get the latest catalog.

Great suggestion. Will try that when I get home. I also thought that I do have my quest favorited so when I look for my quest I always go there. I wonder if searching for the quest instead of going in through favorite might work...

Also does anyone know if I "withdraw" it does this essentially erase the quest? And if so does it erase all the plays and my ratings? If not might be worth it to do this and then publish if all else fails. Little hesitant since I am not really sure how the withdraw works and what it affects.
  • anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Withdrawing, is a soft erase, meaning it flips a flag that prevents it from being seen in the catalog, but does not remove the current reviews or ratings. Withdrawing a quest and publishing the quest doesn't do anything but flip that flag around. The state of the quest and all other attributes associate with it seems to remain untouched.
    A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
    edited June 2013
    anrix2 wrote: »
    Withdrawing, is a soft erase, meaning it flips a flag that prevents it from being seen in the catalog, but does not remove the current reviews or ratings. Withdrawing a quest and publishing the quest doesn't do anything but flip that flag around. The state of the quest and all other attributes associate with it seems to remain untouched.

Thanks anrix. I appreciate you.